What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-20-2012 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
No lunchboxes at my Best Buy. And also they wouldn't give me the 3 disc set at the 27.99 price, claiming that the price was just for the Lunch box set. Didn't make much sense to me seeing as how it's the same thing just without a lunchbox. Told them to go F themselves (ok, not really) but even with the 5.00 coupon, still cheaper going to amazon.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Muppets 3 disc is $24.99 at Amazon right now. Two disc is $22.99.

For what it's worth, all these stories of headaches at Best Buy is exactly why I refuse to shop there anymore. It's the casual "eff you, Mr. Customer" attitude I'm totally done with. It's always a game with them to see if they will honor coupons or prices or see what kind of lame excuse they're going to come up with.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
TonyD said:
My experience was not as smooth. They had atleastten lunch boxes. Took one up to buy it. Register person got out her magnifying glass and started going over the copon. She decided it wouldn't work with the lunch box. I pointed out that side the box is the same exact disc that the coupons intended for. Nope. She left to ask and she came back and said the girl overin the DVD section said it isn't good for the lunch box version. So I said who is the DVD girl to say. She's the same as you, is there a manager? Manager came over and introduced himself. He was very friendly and let me explain the coupon. He was nice enough about it and let me get the discount. Ugh.
Went to the nearest Best Buy to me around lunchtime and saw 4 lunch boxes. Actually looked like the Muppets display hadn't even been touched yet. Didn't have any issues checking out: took my coupon and deducted my pre-order payment that I'd made when I got the exclusive steelbook case. Regarding using the coupon with the lunchbox version, if a cashier at Best Buy gives you grief about it, tell them to check out their own ad which clearly shows that you can use it.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
WillG said:
No lunchboxes at my Best Buy. And also they wouldn't give me the 3 disc set at the 27.99 price, claiming that the price was just for the Lunch box set. Didn't make much sense to me seeing as how it's the same thing just without a lunchbox. Told them to go F themselves (ok, not really) but even with the 5.00 coupon, still cheaper going to amazon.
Didn't even see a 3-disc version without the lunchbox at my Best Buy, and the Muppets racks didn't even look like they'd been touched when I was there. Just saw the lunchbox set, the 2-disc blu, and the dvd versions. But, yeah, their website is showing $34.99 for the 3-disc minus the lunchbox, which is ridiculous. As for going to Amazon, you might give Target a try with the coupon since they are also offering the 3-disc for $24.99 plus you get the Muppet Show sampler disc.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Oh, and just a side note on the Muppets 3-disc set, looks like Disney is being semi-cheap on the packaging again as the dvd disc is stacked on top of the digital copy disc in the case.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Mike Frezon said:
[COLOR=0000FF][COLOR=000000]--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE, this week, of The Ring[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF][COLOR=000000].[/COLOR][/COLOR]
I saw the list of extras on another website, but it didn't mention if the "killer video" is included (it was a hidden feature on the DVD). If anyone has it, is it on the Blu-ray? Update: I saw the back cover and it has an extra not listed on Blu-ray.com called "Cursed Video." I don't know if this is the video or a featurette. DVD Verdict says that it's an "odd featurette" so I'm not sure. I currently cannot watch my Blu-ray discs so I cannot verify. Update 2: I found this on the Blu-ray.com forum. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=5911266&highlight=cursed#post5911266

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Scamp

As for going to Amazon, you might give Target a try with the coupon since they are also offering the 3-disc for $24.99 plus you get the Muppet Show sampler disc.

I went over Thursday night after work. It took me a little time to find the 3 disc version, but they had them on all sides of the display. Checked out with the coupon with absolutely no problem. Cashier looked at the coupon, verified I had the right version and didn't give it a second thought. That's the way it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks