What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-20-2007 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
My local Wal-Mart had Rocky Balboa for the same price. I had a $3.00 coupon valid on select Sony DVD titles (I can't remember which DVD this coupon was packaged in) that was due to expire on March 31st. I asked the Wal-Mart cashier if I could use it for Rocky Balboa since it is a Sony DVD and she took it no problem. I also picked-up Blood Diamond at Wal-Mart for $14.87.

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Went to BB for the Miami Vice Season 3&4 for $50 deal and it wouldn't take the $3 coupon for me either. The clerk tried saying I couldn't use the coupon, but I stood my ground until she finally got the manager.
MGR: You can't use this coupon.
ME: Why not?
MGR: You can't pull a coupon off the cover and use it right now.
ME: Excuse me, but the coupon says take $3 off right "now" when you buy Season 3&4 together. Please show me a dictionary that shows that now doesn't mean "at this moment".
MGR: Well, you'll have to use this at some other time, you can't use it now.
ME: Please explain why I would want to come back later to buy "another" copy of Miami Vice and end up with another $3 coupon I can't use?

This went on for awhile and the line was backing up behind me so he finally told the clerk to go ahead and take it off. She did and then I pulled out a $5 Rewards coupon I had and ended up getting Seasons 3&4 for $42 plus tax.

Everybody just needs to hold their ground and keep telling them the absurdity of their objection until they give up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont understand why BB always has such a hard time with coupons.
especially these manu coupons..

sheesh they get the money back

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

If a store manager tried to insult my intelligence by directly contradicting the wording on a coupon, I would make sure that the district manager found out about it when I got home.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
For those looking for the Blood Diamond 2-disc set, my local Costco was selling them for $20 and change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks