What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/2 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sweet, I didn't know this was coming out! Guess I'll have to add it to my list for this week (which includes Looney Tunes, School Of Rock, and Duplex).

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks for the prices.

Does anyone know if there are any sales for The Chaplin Collection 2? I believe $99.95 is the retail price so there's no point of going to BB or CC. That's a strange price since the first set sells for $69.95.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Mike thanks for the roundup.

WWE: John Cena
WWE: Kurt Angle
are both purchases

with possible purchases of
School of Rock
and
Looney Tunes Back in Action.

March with the acception of March 16 is a relatively light month for me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

John: Gone!

Gone!

And, gone!

Thanks a ton! Guess I was sleeping at the switch on those titles.
I appreciate any help you guys can give me on this!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Apparently The Wind In The Willows was relased theatrically by Sony in '96 for about two minutes and then disappeared. Disney must have snapped up the video rights and a VHS version came out a couple of years ago-- now retitled "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride." The DVD -- which seems to be non-anamorphic WS (I've just seen the box) -- has this title as well.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, custom-cover time, then. I actually caught it during its quick run theatrically and adored it, and it was up there with Cold Comfort Farm in terms of titles I wanted on DVD for quite a while.

Disney actually got the video rights as part of the settlement of a lawsuit, claiming that Sony's sci-fi/horror film Screamers was an infringement on Miramax's Scream. I gather that because most of a kids' movie's money is made on video (and theatrical releases are almost treated like part of the video's advertising), Sony then saw very little reason to book it aggressively in theaters.

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to rain on Mike's parade but Problem Child is full frame too. Thank alot Universal, another childhood favorite I won't get.
Otherwise good job Mike.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Not to worry. I've had an umbrella up all day! :D

Gone!

If this keeps up, there won't be anything left! ;)

But, come to think of it...that's pretty sad. :frowning:

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you, as usual, Mike! Just ordered the Chaplin Collection V2 from Amazon, Volume 2 and will pick up School of Rock on Tuesday. That's it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Mike,

I picked one up yesterday when I got Platoon: SE.

It is a DVD with clips from 15 MGM classics. I have yet to view it but that was the description on the insided of the sleeve.

Greg

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Went to K-Mart to pick up the $5 Star Wars Ep I. It wasn't there, but Ep II was there for $5.

-Reagan

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I forget if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but my Costco has all the recent Warner Bros. "Best Picture" discs for $12.99 each. Includes:
  • Mrs. Miniver
  • Gigi
  • Grand Hotel
  • Mutiny on the Bounty
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • Gone with the Wind
Also, the Fox Studio Classics 4-packs, with "Sunrise" and three other titles, were marked down to $23.99. That's only $6 each disc! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The Chaplin Collection vol. 2 does indeed have the PAL-NTSC artifacting again and it's still nasty. Although the prints are in better condition here, the transfers on the old Image discs from David Shepard are again much superior. The Chaplin Revue in particular is over-contrasty on the Warner disc, which spoils the end gag in The Pilgrim since you can't read the sign. So either buy from R2 PAL if you're multi-region capable, or stick with the old Image discs (I'm choosing the latter).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I decided I wanted to be "just like Greg"!

So, I went to CC tonight and bought Platoon just so I could score the MGM disc!

Well, okay, its a film I've been wanting to see for a long time. People tell me Charlie Sheen is incredible in it!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week, though I'll most likely pick up School of Rock and/or Looney Tunes: Back in Action sometime later this year.

And man am I steamed about Without a Clue. :angry:

Thanks for the roundup, Mike. My best to Dave L. too!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Granted it was VHS, but Wal-Mart had Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for $5. Picked up a copy for my folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks