What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 3-19-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy St. Patrick's Day, RoundUppers!

Mary Poppins Returns for me. And, I'm fascinated by the idea of Becoming Astrid. So I may spring for that someday as well.

Hope there's something for you this week!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As always, thank you for your work, Mike!

Big week for me.

Into the Spider-Verse and -- finally -- Far From Heaven are on the way from Amazon, and I'll get Mary Poppins Returns from Target.

Becoming Astrid had a really brief run at my arthouse and looked potentially interesting but I wasn't able to get to it. I'll look for that whenever it hits a streaming platform.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some prices from Best Buy web site:

Mary Poppins Returns

4K Steelbook $34.99
4K $29.99
Blu $24.99
DVD (not available? I also checked walmart.com and deepdiscount.com no one shows a DVD only release)

Mary Poppins (1964)
Blu Steelbook $19.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
4K $27.99 (corrected)
Blu Steelbook $27.99
Blu $22.99
DVD $19.99

I have Spider-Man 3D pre-ordered from Amazon Germany. If anyone wants to look for it there, note that the title is slightly different: Spider-Man: A New Universe. Region coding is not yet verified, though it's expected to be all region/region-free as with Sony's other releases.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike! Just Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on UHD for me.

And, I'm fascinated by the idea of Becoming Astrid. So I may spring for that someday as well.
It's frustrating how foreign films and movies from small indie distributors are increasingly DVD only. It feels like we're sliding backwards.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
4K $24.99
Blu Steelbook $27.99
Blu $22.99
DVD $19.99
Where are you seeing that $24.99 price for Into the Spider-Verse 4K? The Best Buy website has a preorder price of $27.99.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Where are you seeing that $24.99 price for Into the Spider-Verse 4K? The Best Buy website has a preorder price of $27.99.
Sorry, my mistake. It is $27.99. Corrected above in my list.

Now I can see why this gives Mike a headache, and I only listed a couple titles. ;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mary Poppins (1964)
Blu Steelbook $19.99

I didn't know Best Buy was doing a steelbook for the original. Cool.

If I didn't already have the original on Blu-ray, I'd probably try for both of them in steelbook form, as I like the artwork on the Returns steelbook way better than the regular release artwork. However, since I do have the original already, I'll just get the basic edition for uniformity's sake. It would be weird to have one keepcase and one steelbook next to each other for the same series of films. Besides, I don't really need to be paying more for steelbooks this week anyway given the sheer volume of new titles I want.

But the original's steelbook does look cool.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Big week: Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man, Far from Heaven, The Deadly Mantis. and likely some others on sale over the coming months.

Thanks for the prices, Mike.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I have just updated the grids to include links to two UHD reviews: Lord of War and Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mary Poppins Returns does have an Amazon listing despite not being included in the grid. Who knows if they'll actually ship?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6317597650/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for pointing that out, Jeff! :thumbsup:

Ron posted the link in the MPR 4k release thread a couple days ago and I thought I had added it to thi week's WRU, but I must have lost it in a copy/past error.

It has now been added.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon as soon as I saw Ron's post...so I'll be a guinea pig. If it doesn't ship, I don't think it'll be too hard to find a copy elsewhere.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I pre-ordered it from Amazon as soon as I saw Ron's post...so I'll be a guinea pig.

Good luck with that. The standard Blu-ray edition had a listing at full price for a while and then disappeared. Regardless of the status of the listings, I've just gotten to the point where I don't trust Amazon with a Disney title. I don't even bother anymore.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Thanks for pointing that out, Jeff! :thumbsup:

Ron posted the link in the MPR 4k release thread a couple days ago and I thought I had added it to thi week's WRU, but I must have lost it in a copy/past error.

It has now been added.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon as soon as I saw Ron's post...so I'll be a guinea pig. If it doesn't ship, I don't think it'll be too hard to find a copy elsewhere.

That's exactly my situation as well. I found the link initially in Ron's post and pre-ordered it thinking why not? If I don't get a shipping notice by Tuesday then I'll cancel it and go to the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks