What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-16-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
600x342px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Features[/COLOR]

– The Princess and the Frog – 2009

– Kristen Stewart & Taylor Lautner (The Twilight Saga: New Moon – 2009)

– Penelpe Cruz (Broken Embraces – 2009)

– Fallen Angels– 1995

– Milla Jovovich (The Fourth Kind– 2009)

– Rain (Ninja Assassin – 2009)

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Prices[/COLOR]

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon
[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]SD-DVD TITLE[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Amazon[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BestBuy[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Target[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Costco[/COLOR] Armored

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon
[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BLU-RAY TITLE[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Amazon[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BestBuy[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Target[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Costco[/COLOR] Armored $25.99
ir
$25.99 Astro Boy $24.99
ir
$26.99 Breaking Bad: Season 1 $27.96
ir
$30.99 Breaking Bad: Season 2 $30.99
ir
$30.99 Brief Interviews with Hideous Men $21.99
ir
$24.99 Broken Embraces $22.99
ir
$29.99 Did You Hear About the Morgans? $22.49
ir
$24.99 Fallen Angels $24.99
ir
$24.99 The Fourth Kind $23.99
ir
$24.99 Ninja Assassin (3-disc Combo Pack) $24.99
ir
$24.99 Paris $24.99
ir
$24.99 The Princess and the Frog (1-disc) $22.99
ir
$22.99 $19.99 The Princess and the Frog (3-disc Combo Pack) $27.99
ir
$26.99 $26.99 $27.99 South Park: Season 13 $37.99
ir
$37.99 (3/20) The Twilight Saga: New Moon $21.99
ir
$21.99 $19.99 $24.99 Unrivaled $19.99
ir
$24.99 The Vengeance Trilogy (BB Exclusive) $59.99 Wonderful World $20.99
ir
$24.99
(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

Individual Titles in the Collections Listed Above:

Constance Talmadge Double Feature (DVD): Her Night of Romance (1924), Her Sister From Paris (1925).

Mystery Science Theater 3000: XVII (DVD): The Crawling Eye, The Beatniks, The Final Sacrifice, Blood Waters of Dr. Z.

Norma Talmadge Double Feature (DVD): Kiki (1926), Within the Law (1923).

The Vengeance Trilogy (Blu-ray/DVD): Old Boy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Disclaimer[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp[/COLOR]. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain!
If there is a title not included in the [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RoundUp[/COLOR] that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RoundUp[/COLOR]. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Specials[/COLOR]

--Amazon.com has a FREE INSTANT VIDEO-ON-DEMAND version of The Twilight Saga: New Moon if you pre-order the DVD [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]or Blu-ray[/COLOR] from them. For your computer or compatible TV starting just after Midnight on release day.

--Best Buy is going ALL OUT with SPECIALS connected to this week's Saturday release of The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

--To start with, BB is offering SPECIAL DOORBUSTER PRICING for the first two hours of business on Saturday, March 20. Get $5 off BB's EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK EDITIONS and $3 off the standard Blu-ray and 2-disc DVD release of New Moon. Pricing will be as follows:

Best Buy Doorbuster Price Best Buy Regular Price New Moon SE DVD (2-disc) $16.99 $19.99 New Moon SE DVD (2-disc) Steelbook $19.99 $24.99 [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]New Moon Blu-ray[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]$21.99[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]$24.99[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]New Moon Blu-ray Steelbook[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]$24.99[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]$29.99[/COLOR]

--Go to bestbuy.com/newmoon to find midnight events in your area. Stores with Midnight openings will have Doorbuster pricing for both the midnight opening and the first two regular business hours on March 20, 2010.

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE MOBILE SKINS available with its copies of The Twilight Saga: New Moon [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]on Blu-ray[/COLOR] and the SE DVD. Minimum 3 per store. No rainchecks.

--[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY EDITION OF The Vengeance Trilogy. [/COLOR]

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE BOOK with its [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Blu-ray[/COLOR] (only) editions of The Princess and the Frog. The Princess and the Frog:The Essential Guide Book FREE with purchase of TP&TF Blu-ray Combo Pack or 1-disc Blu-ray. A $5.99 value.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $4.99 apiece.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE PURSE with its copies of The Princess and the Frog [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Blu-ray[/COLOR] or Deluxe DVD version. Purse is packaged with movie. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.

--Target has a FREE $5 GIFTCARD with the purchase of Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town DVD and any New Moon DVD or Blu-ray movie. Quantities limited, no rainchecks and conditions apply to GiftCards.

--Target has EXCLUSIVE DELUXE EDITIONS (DVD/$19.99 and [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Blu-ray/$24.99[/COLOR]) of The Twilight Saga: New Moon. Both include all standard edition content PLUS bonus disc with: deleted scenes, 2 featurettes: Introducing the Volturi and Storyboard to Screen, Fandimonium: a look at die-hard fans, The Beat Goes On: the music of New Moon, limited edition film cell collectible.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$4.99 each:
'Robsessed
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Underworld
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
30 Days of Night
The Covenant
Napolean Dynamite
Blue Crush
Legally Blonde
Son of Rambow
Dodgeball

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

No catalog titles listed on sale this week

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Coupons are available for some of this week's releases.

Save $10 on The Princess and The Frog Blu-ray Combo Pack. Expires 3/21/10. Note separate coupons for U.S. Only and Canada Only -- choose the correct one.

Link: http://www.princessandthefrogcoupon.com/

Several coupons are available for The Twilight Saga: New Moon:

Individual coupon links:As it stands now, on Saturday morning I'll head over to Target for both TTS:NM Deluxe Edition BD ($24.99) and Twilight in Forks DVD ($9.99). I'll get a $5 Target giftcard for purchasing both plus I'll use the $5 and the $3 coupons from the above links for a [COLOR= #ff0000]net price of $21.98 (+ tax) for both[/COLOR].

I'm curious to see Twilight in Forks: Saga of the Real Town. We were in the Seattle / Puget Sound area last summer and drove 3 hours each way to see Forks, WA (it was necessary because I have 3 teen daughters) and spend the night there. It was an interesting town that was on the verge of dying, and the Twilight frenzy has given it some life.

Here's a couple of pics entering Forks (notice that my son can barely contain his excitement) and at the Chamber of Commerce:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Big week for me (so much so that I'll probably wait on at least one of these). Anyway, I'll be picking up the two Breaking Bad Blu-rays, the latest Mystery Science Theater 3000 volume and South Park: Season Thirteen.

Thanks for the prices, guys!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Don't forget Disney's $8 off upgrade program for Princess and the frog.
If you are buying or know somwone buying the dvd you can get a coupon for $8 off the blu.

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Here are the New Moon and Twilight in Forks combination purchase options at Target.

Abbreviations used below in pricing summary:
  • NM = New Moon
  • TIF = Twilight in Forks
  • DE = Deluxe Edition
  • Std = Standard Edition
  • BD = Blu-ray
  • GC = Target Giftcard
Pricing Summary:

Purchase New Moon Deluxe Edition Blu-ray and Twilight in Forks DVD for $22
NM BD DE $24.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Purchase New Moon Deluxe Edition DVD and Twilight in Forks DVD for $17
NM DVD DE $19.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Purchase New Moon Standard Blu-ray and Twilight in Forks DVD for $17
NM BD Std $19.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Purchase New Moon Standard DVD and Twilight in Forks DVD for $14
NM DVD Std $16.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD

Don't forget Disney's $8 off upgrade program for Princess and the frog.
If you are buying or know somwone buying the dvd you can get a coupon for $8 off the blu.

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html
There's also a Disney coupon for $10 off the BR/DVD combo pack (like the Ponyo coupon from a couple weeks ago):

http://www.disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneymagicalsavings/

Am I confused about the pricing at Best Buy for "New Moon"? The "doorbuster" price of $16.99 seems higher than the regular sale price of $14.99 in the roundup table.

EDIT: I see now. By clicking on the Amazon links in the table, it appears the prices in the table are reversed for "New Moon" and "Twilight in Forks".

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Meyers

A price correction Mike: Target will have Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town DVD priced at $9.99 on Saturday.
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Am I confused about the pricing at Best Buy for "New Moon"? The "doorbuster" price of $16.99 seems higher than the regular sale price of $14.99 in the roundup table.

EDIT: I see now. By clicking on the Amazon links in the table, it appears the prices in the table are reversed for "New Moon" and "Twilight in Forks".
That it was. Sorry for the confusion. I have now fixed the table to put things right.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Meyers

Here are the New Moon and Twilight in Forks combination purchase options at Target.

Abbreviations used below in pricing summary:
  • NM = New Moon
  • TIF = Twilight in Forks
  • DE = Deluxe Edition
  • Std = Standard Edition
  • BD = Blu-ray
  • GC = Target Giftcard
Pricing Summary:

Purchase New Moon Deluxe Edition Blu-ray and Twilight in Forks DVD for $22
NM BD DE $24.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Purchase New Moon Deluxe Edition DVD and Twilight in Forks DVD for $17
NM DVD DE $19.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Purchase New Moon Standard Blu-ray and Twilight in Forks DVD for $17
NM BD Std $19.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Purchase New Moon Standard DVD and Twilight in Forks DVD for $14
NM DVD Std $16.99 + TIF DVD $9.99 - $5 GC - $5 NM & TIF Coupon - $3 TIF Coupon
Having worked at Target for 18+ years, I am not sure that your "formula" will work. I don't have the "coupon download" software to see the fine print, but my guess is that you won't be able to use both coupons in the same transaction. My guess is that the register won't accept both coupons because in essence you are using the discount twice on TIF. I guess that we will find out at 8:01am on Saturday morning!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the Roundup guys! Will be picking up The Princess and the Frog for the kids and MST3K for me. But I'm giving Ninja Assassin a rental after reading some of the reviews.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Someone on SlickDeals mentioned using the $10 coupon on the 1-disc Princess & The Frog BD at Target. Anyone have any luck with that? I don't need to pay $7 for a DVD and a coaster.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm going to end up with Princess and the Frog sooner rather than later, but I still don't know which BD version I want. And making an impulse decision like this is usually never good for me. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
SHOCKER! Target was completely sold out of the PatF 1-disc BD edition by lunchtime, and only had 2 copies left of the combo pack. (There were a ton of DVDs left. :) ) I have NEVER seen anything sell out so quickly at this store.

One of the employees told me there's a good chance that they'll get more copies in in the next couple of days, but I don't know whether they'll include the velvet "purse" (which, also shockingly, is something that I can use).

I'll check the other Target on the way home. If they're out of it too, I might just go next door to Best Buy and get the book.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Went to Super Target on the way home -- they were completely sold out of both versions of the PatF Blu except for one single-disc copy that had fallen behind the top shelf. Good thing I'm tall! :) I tried to use both the $10 and $5 coupons, but the register said "only one manufacturer's coupon per item." I have a feeling, based on other things I've read online, that if I'd grabbed a $1 Hot Wheel off the shelf, the second coupon would have taken, but it was late and I was tired and hungry and I don't mind paying $10 for that movie (plus a neat coin purse! :) ).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron:

I went to Target myself last night. Mine had several 1-disc copies of TP&tF...but ZERO of the combo packs (which I wanted). So I asked the Target guy roaming the electronics area, he scanned the shelf tag and his computer showed seven in the store. He checked in the back, came out with one (god forbid you'd stock the empty shelf), scanned the coupon and sent me on my merry way. You just gotta love a $10 coupon. ..especially when it works without any fuss.

I've got the "neat coin purse", too. I think my wife is going to send it to a friend's little girl.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I play wargames where you have to draw cardboard chits out of a cup or bag to determine which units get to move next. Tonight my "coin purse" will be storming the beaches of Normandy. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Quote:Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /forum/thread/298895/weekly-roundup-3-16-2010#post_3671509

Users who are viewing this thread