What's new

WalkerEric

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobb
I'd like to keep Best Buy. Amazon price matches them and they still have good prices. Even when Amazon price matches, I get more out of going with BB than Amazon, like faster shipping, points for rewards, and it's local. Target is one we rarely go to. They'll have deals on non-release stuff once in awhile, price wise, but new releases aren't great unless you're looking for bonus loot.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not disdain. It's just that it's gotten to the point where it's an event if they print a Sunday flyer to advertise their new release prices and any sales they've got going on catalog titles. I'd rather work off a print flyer than go to bb.com to start cataloguing prices. If I had to do for Best Buy and Target what I currently do for Amazon, it would be too much and would take too much of my time.

From a BBY employee who's usually spot on. Not surprising since they started ramping down Newspaper ads 2 years ago.

"Paper ads are officially dead at Best Buy as of the start of their fiscal year last month. Only the Black Friday ad will be distributed to stores/newspapers from now on."

Again I'll put in a request to keep BBY as my disdain for Amazon Media handling grows weekly.

Bullmoose would certainly be an a unique addition being one of the few remaining independent stores and any publicity they get helps. Rarely world beating prices, but FS at $30 and no tax outside of Maine is a draw. Their Customer Service is pretty well known as a big draw.

Deep Discount as the Main pure Alliance Entertainment Storefront has a lot of merit

Obviously I don't think anyone wants you to manually have to deal with 4-6 additional sites though so if that's an idea to consider then recruiting a group of helpers would be big consideration. Send out the upcoming list of titles to a couple/few people, let them collate the prices of 1 store each and submit them to you on Saturday or even Sunday morning and let you paste the data into one post

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And Mike, please don't dump Best Buy from your weekly roundup. They have been winding down print ads for at least two years now, but so is most everyone else. Yes, it is a pain to post prices, but maybe cut down on the number of titles you post overall each week, especially in the DVD section? I've only purchased a title on DVD if that is the only format it is available in, and that is if it's something I likely won't watch very often and is much cheaper than purchasing on Vudu in HDX.

Just a thought...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I got 4k's of Crimes of Grindelwald and Green Book from Best Buy. They didn't have the 3D of Crimes there.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I went back to Best Buy today and this time they had Grindelwald 3D.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My Best Buy had a slot for it, but they were out. The one I ordered for store pickup had a sticker on it indicating "Only at Best Buy: 3D Combo," so it seems to be an exclusive to some extent (I think because it includes four formats: 3D, BR, DVD, Digital.)

Too bad they didn't drop the DVD and add 4K instead.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My Best Buy had a slot for it, but they were out. The one I ordered for store pickup had a sticker on it indicating "Only at Best Buy: 3D Combo," so it seems to be an exclusive to some extent (I think because it includes four formats: 3D, BR, DVD, Digital.)

Too bad they didn't drop the DVD and add 4K instead.

The BBY exclusive has the DVD and Slipcover
The Amazon exclusive has neither of those nor a BD and costs $15 more
The one everyone else has is 3D, BD and Digital

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks