What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-12-2013 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My plan to cancel the Amazon pre-orders on the Disney discs was shot to smithereens today since I was offline all day painting my master bedroom. And, wouldn't you know it, every last item from Tuesday's preorders "shipped" today. Oh well. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to watch on Tuesday night...

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Anyone else get the message from Amazon that Roger Rabbit was delayed due to a "manufacturing issue"? I got an email from them this morning :confused:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is this another Jaws fiasco, where the 2 copies ordered by most retailers sold out in the first minute the store was open on Tuesday?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So...Brainiac Attacks the Mystery of the Batwoman just showed up on my desk. The other Disney films (sans Roger Rabbit) are supposedly here in Seattle as of yesterday, so I guess there's an outside chance of them being delivered when I get home tonight.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup! Big week: Life of Pi (2D only, no interest in 3D) Hunchback Mulan Brother Bear Roger Rabit Cirque du Solei Rise of the Guardians post-price drop However, I have had too much else this month and none of this is really priority, so all of them will go on my eventually list. Pi will probably be eventually-soon, the others can be eventually-a while from now since they are upgrades, and Cirque can be a rental. Even with the Best Buy deal, the Disney combo packs are just too expensive. It's obvious that the cheapquels, which I don't want, are increasing the price over what they would be if they were releasing just the animated classic by itself. And putting them out in waves doesn't help either because it's a big chunk of change even with the combined purchase deals. Saving my money for Les Miserables next week.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You could always do the Disney Movie Club thing and get each Disney title for an avg price of about $8 or so (like mentioned earlier). That's probably what I'll be doing soon enough. Otherwise, nothing from the release week slate for me either. My backlog is too big -- and my Blockbuster Online subscription just reactivated again to boot -- to justify the release week prices for any of these titles. Thanks for another WRU though, Mike. _Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes and for current members you can get the threee new Disneys and Roger for $75 plus tax. There is a promo of buy 1 get the rest 50% off. If I buy at BB... 25+25+25-6+17=86 I would have to use three $5 rz certs to better then the Disney Club price.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I did NOT get an e-mail from Amazon that Roger Rabbit has been delayed. And yet, I also did NOT get an e-mail telling me that Roger Rabbit has shipped. In other words, I got nuttin'.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I got the delay email from Amazon, but when I go to the order summary page, it says it will be delivered by tomorrow night...not likely since it has not shipped yet. And I ordered this on January 2.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill
I got the delay email from Amazon, but when I go to the order summary page, it says it will be delivered by tomorrow night...not likely since it has not shipped yet.
And I ordered this on January 2.
I just checked my Orders Page at Amazon and it says my delivery estimate is Thursday night at 8pm.
I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Mike Frezon said:
I did NOT get an e-mail from Amazon that Roger Rabbit has been delayed. And yet, I also did NOT get an e-mail telling me that Roger Rabbit has shipped. In other words, I got nuttin'.
Amazon and Best Buy are in cahoots!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I received another Roger Rabbit email from Amazon. Now they are estimating delivery between March 22 and March 26.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So apparently the DVD is full frame and is missing some extras. Another thing I noticed is that there is no pop up menu. Choosing pop up menu on the remote offers two options. One is continue the movie other is simply "menu" which then puts you back to the main menu. Once done there also is no resume the movie feature or ability to save a book mark

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I just cancelled my Amazon order for Roger Rabbit and ordered it from Best Buy....same price, and it will get here sooner.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Steve Tannehill said:
I just cancelled my Amazon order for Roger Rabbit and ordered it from Best Buy....same price, and it will get here sooner.
I just did the same thing. BestBuy.com has free shipping on this title, so it was a no brainer for me.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Full Frame? How can they even call it that anymore when as far as I know, TV's no longer come in 4x3 aspect ratios? So that full frame will not fill your frame on a 16x9 set... yer gonna have bars on the side. They should just recall the thing!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I got some money back from Amazon for the Mulan 2 pack. The price is down to $22.99 so I got a few bucks as a price match. Brother Bear and Hunchback are still at $24.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks