What's new

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As inconvenient as it is for Prime members, I actually think it's a good thing for those of us who like to still have brick & mortar options available for our media purchases. Best Buy is already getting out of the compact disc game. The Amazon/Disney impasse may actually keep DVD/Blu-Ray/UHD on store shelves longer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Found out today that the I store Coco price for 4K is $30 and the online sale is oos.

But you may be able to buy on,one with in store pickup.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Amazon/Disney impasse may actually keep DVD/Blu-Ray/UHD on store shelves longer.

But the titles that are being affected -- Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and Disney classic animation, plus their recent string of live-action hits -- seem to be the most in-demand tiles anyway. I would be very surprised if The Last Jedi isn't the #1 selling Blu-ray of the year. Certainly stores like Best Buy and Target and Wal-Mart make enough money on those to want to keep them in stock regardless of what Amazon is or is not selling. I just don't see a scenario in which titles this massive would disappear from shelves in the immediate future anyway. Maybe if the titles Amazon wasn't selling were smaller movies, but Disney doesn't make smaller movies. The question is: are the brick and mortar sores actually noticing a huge uptick in sales? Or are they just thinking that, "it's Star Wars, it was always going to be a huge seller" and not connecting the dots to Amazon having a lack of product?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already... Cartwheel has 10% off all versions of Coco ending today. I snagged a 4K for a bit over $25. Shouldn’t have, but I did.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already... Cartwheel has 10% off all versions of Coco ending today. I snagged a 4K for a bit over $25. Shouldn’t have, but I did.

Ugh. I was there earlier today to pick up a few necessities and I had an unopened Coco in my car. Could’ve returned it quite easily. Oh well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I ordered a Coco for in store today.
When I picked it up it looked like they had no 4K Cocos left anywhere that I could see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
1.) Still had 4k Cocos at my store (I happened to be there today).

2.) I had NO IDEA about that Cartwheel (and I bought my Coco at Target on Tuesday). :angry::angry::angry:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I know, Mike. I checked all week and there was nothing. Went out today and there it was...though the app didn’t show any 4ks in stock. I still went in to check and found a ton of them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m trying to figure out why you don’t buy it through Walmart .com.

It’s still $25 and you can do in store pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks