What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-27-2007 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It seems like the B1G1F Oscar special for the $9.99 titles (2-disc/3-disc SE) at Best Buy is still being honored this morning!

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
RE: the earring thing....actually it's pretty common for many of the younger folks nowadays (geez I feel old).

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I picked up four titles for this about 30 minutes ago. I was shocked when it rang up $22 at the register. My mouth nearly hit the floor, and I was tempted to go back and pick up a few more titles. I still might, although anything further that I buy is a true stretch as to whether I want them or not. Still, it's pretty damn hard to pass up 2-disc SEs for $5!!!! :) :) :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The Best Buy store near me didn't go for the $9.99 2for1 deal. Nor did they have 300 discs/tickets - they said they weren't starting with that until tomorrow.

I tell ya, Manhattan stores suck.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I will be at BB tonight! :D Thanks, fellas.

Gee...the floodgates have opened now! Only kidding, Adrian! ;) Actually, I think that Joseph guy who made the earring crack really is kinda old... :D

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham

It appears to be a glitch in Best Buy's computer. They are advertised at $9.99 each. Last week, they were $19.99 each, but buy one, get one free. So when they updated the price they must have left the BOGOF info in the computer. I bought CHARIOTS OF FIRE and POSEIDON along with 2 300 preview discs with movie tickets this afternoon for $10.65.

It's not an advertised deal and it could end at any time if BB fixes the computer glitch. So get it while ya can.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

I just came back from BB and asked the blue shirts by the Service counter, they told me the BOGOF deal is not possible since it is not advertised in the flyer, I guess the only way to know for sure is to take multiple 9.99 tittles to the cashier and see what happens, something I didn't do.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I just got a :D FREE :D Movie from CVS! I was picking up a Perscription and They gave me a Coupon for $6.00 worth of Free Merchandise. I went over to their DVD Bin and found a Copy of CHARLIES ANGELS (The Movie) for Six Bucks so I "Relieved them of it!":D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Woohoo! Worked for me!

Alfonso: You should have just gone ahead and tried it. Worst thing that could happen is it doesn't work and if you don't want the titles for $9.99, you return 'em.

I actually went for four titles (along with two of the discs with the 300 trailer) and was worried when each scanned at $9.99...but after my RZ card got processed and he pushed the "total" button...I saw a couple of BOGO lines flash across the screen...and my total came to $19.98 before tax! :emoji_thumbsup:

I picked up: Bullitt SE, V for Vendetta SE, My Fair Lady SE and Rebel Without a Cause SE. So, as you can see...there are other titles which are included in the $9.99 sale.

This is one heckuva sale! :D Should have probably got a bunch more for gifts.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From BB last night I picked up:

Heat 2-disc SE
Shawshank Redemption 2-disc SE
Bullitt SE
Million Dollar Baby 3-disc SE
Phantom of the Opera 2-disc SE
Mystic River 3-disc SE
Constantine 2-disc SE
King Kong 2-disc SE (B/W)
A Room with a View 2-disc SE
My Fair Lady 2-disc SE
Casablanca 2-disc SE
Chariots of Fire 2-disc SE

Not sure if the deal will be going on tomorrow, but I'm going to see if they'll give me some of the 300 DVDs if I bring them my receipt from last night's purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Boy, Patrick. You cannot argue with that haul for that price!

In some good situations, $60 would get you three of those titles...let alone 12!

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I was at my Best Buy late yesterday evening and got 2 of the sets for $9.99 (Philadelphia Story and Amadeus: DC)!! Going back today to pick up Goodfellas and V for Vendetta. I hope it still works. :D

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I just got back from Best Buy, and the BOGOF deal is still going on - although I didn't know Goodfella's was in that. I might have to make another trip.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My only purchase is Nine Inch Nails on BD. I saw the last show of the tour, WOW, what a show. I'm with Adrian on this one, not much to say about it except it was an experience.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

I just did!!! I just did!!! and the deal still works as of this morning @ noon
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Just scored..
Heat (will return my other copy)
Mystic River
Giant
Gothika
Kink Kong (original)
Million Dollar Baby
Poseidon
Magnolia

my local store's stock is running low, I already own most of the other top movies I didn't get , but most of them are gone anyways, (unless they have some extra stock elsewhere), I was un-decided about Poseidon/Gothika, but for 5.00 bucks a piece, what the heck! :emoji_thumbsup:

Good luck , and Thanks for the tip Patric, :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I bought three DVDs and got three free discs/tickets. The guy at the register didn't seem to realize that they were free DVDs so I didn't get caught up with one per customer.

Looks like none of my friends are going to pay to see 300 either. :)

Users who are viewing this thread