What's new

Weekly Roundup 2/18 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It spun in. There were no survivors.

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements which the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__CostCo__SamsClb
City By The Sea - WS______$20.96__$17.99__$17.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$17.97
The Color Purple - SE_____$20.46__$19.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$19.79__$_N/A_
Fear & Loathing/Vegas -CC_$29.96__$31.99__$34.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Four Feathers - WS____$22.49__$19.99__$15.99__$_"LP"__$17.99__$_N/A_
M*A*S*H: Season 3_________$29.99__$29.99__$29.99__$29.99__$28.99__$26.46
Metropolis - Restored Ed._$22.46__$22.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Monster's Ball - Sig. Ed._$18.74__$17.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
One Hour Photo - WS_______$20.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$17.99__$18.42
Return of the Swamp Thing_$14.99__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Rules of Attraction___$18.74__$17.99__$15.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$16.24
Spy Kids 2:Island of L.D._$22.49__$15.99__$17.99__$_"LP"__$18.29__$19.48
Stargate - Ulimate Ed.____$14.99__$12.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Stealing Harvard__________$20.97__$17.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
You Can't Take It W/You___$22.46__$24.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* BE CAREFUL! City By The Sea, The Four Feathers, & One Hour Photo are all available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

* Non-OAR discs are, as usual, entirely left off the Roundup. Example: How To Beat The High Cost Of Living.

* CompUSA has the best price on M*A*S*H Season 3, coming in with $27.99. Don't look for any other best buys there, as they are $19.99 each for City By The Sea, One Hour Photo, & Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams

* Target shows "Low Price" in their ad for both The Four Feathers and for Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams. My sources say each will be $16.99, but I can't know for sure until Tuesday.

* Per John Co, the Toys R Us flyer states that Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams will be $14.99! Thanks a lot for that info, John! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

* Best Buys got some extra deals, as usual: Save $5 instantly with purchase of Spy Kids 2 and any other Disney DVD. Buy A Bronx Tale for only $4.99 with purchase of City By The Sea on same receipt. Save $10 instantly on M*A*S*H Season 3 and either Season 1 or Season 2 on the same receipt. All three of these deals are in-store only.

* Not exactly a "Roundup" item, as it's neither on new product or newly marked-down products, but Costco has a $4 coupon (good 2/17 through 2/23) good for "20th Century Fox Assorted DVDs". All items are $12.99 regularly, but with the coupon are $8.99! Titles may be limited to those pictured, or perhaps are not. The five pictured are these: Behind Enemy Lines, Castaway, Shallow Hal, Don't Say A Word, Kiss of the Dragon. "Selection may vary by warehouse". This coupon is part of the brochures they hand out at the doors. If noone is doing this at your location, ask at the membership desk. It's white, black, and (mostly) two shades of blue, and a one page thing with perforations for the double-sided coupons (back side is the UPC code for scanning the coupon). There's also a $5 off PS2 two-pack video games, taking $29.99 items down to $24.99...someone tell Glenn! :)

* Sorry for the somber M*A*S*H quote up there. If it reminds you of a certain recent disaster, then GOOD! I've heard waaaay too many people take the Columbia tragedy too lightly, and yet we still find it in our hearts to cry tears for fictional characters. When you see this tragic scene (no spoilers from me), please shed a tear for our lost heroes, and do your part to avoid further tragedies...whereever they may occur.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
• Kermit's Swamp Years $24.95 $19.95

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks again dave.

can i start a thread that says please dont ask every week.."were is the weekly roundup"?

it is a bit annoying. dave has stated many times that he does this when he has time. and when he gets around to it.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again, Dave.

This is a heavy week for me with 5 purchases, 4 of which made the round-up (I'm also getting the criterion Killers dvd).

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Thank you David for another fine Weekly Roundup. Still have a number of titles to pick up, due to buildup, but One Hour Photo, Stargate, and Fear and Lothing.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
David,
In the Best Buy flyer they have a two for $20 deal for: Princess Diaries, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Snow Dogs (OAR?), Tomorrow never dies and Apocolypse Now. I think this is a pretty good deal as the titles are reg priced at $14.99 a piece. Hoping to pick up MoRo & ToBo on Tuesday when I pick up SK2!:)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
This is going to turn out to be a heavy week for me. Metropolis, Stargate, Color Purple and possibly One Hour Photo Thanks for the roundup Dave

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone happen to know what "Spy Kids" (the original, not the sequel) is going for at Best Buy (B&M)? I'm trying to figure out whether to go for the Toys 'R Us deal on SK2 -- and search for the lowest price on the first one -- or pick them both up at Best Buy for the $5 off deal. Looking for the lowest combined price.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and thanks as always to Dave for the Roundup!

- Bob P.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Wasn't going to buy anything this week, but with the impending snow storm about to hit the NYC area my plans for Atlantic City on Monday/Tuesday are cancelled. So it looks like I'll be at Best Buy on Tuesday(provided I can dig out by then) to pick up both Spy Kids DVD's, Mash Season 3, maybe Stargate UE, and X-Men 1.5(Held off getting it until I could dump my other copy).

I like the offer from BB of saving $5 bucks on any Disney DVD when you buy "Spy Kids 2" so it looks like I'll get both "Spy Kids" DVD's for $26 as my local BB has the 1st one for $14.99-$5.00=$9.99. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

As usual, thanks to Dave for all his time & effort.

Another :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: effort

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy DVD prices

$17.99
MY big fat greek wedding

$15.99
The Goonies
Spy Kids 2 save $5 when you buy it along with another disney dvd

$12.99
411VM skateboarding

$19.99
Xmen 1.5

$79.99
Six Feet Under

2 for $20, $14.99 purchased individually
The Princess Diaries
Moulin Rouge
Tommy Boy
Snow Dogs
Apocalypse Now
007 Tommorow Never Dies

--------

Circuit City DVD prices

Big Fat Greek Wedding 16.99
Brown Sugar LP 16.99
Signs 19.99
Barbershop 17.99
Unfaithful 17.99
Sweet Home Alabama 19.99
Bourne Identity 19.99
X-Men 1.5 19.99

Van Wilder
Stargate UE
Meet Joe Black (1 disc)
Not Another Teen Movie
15 Minutes
Above the Rim

My Cousin Vinny
Predator 2
Point Break
The Edge
Donnie Darko
Pushing Tin

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David! I'll be buying Monsters Ball and Stargate from Best Buy. Will prolly wait until I get a chance to go to DVD Planet for Fear & Loathing since their Criterions are always on sale. Jury's still out on whether I'm going to pick up The Color Purple...
:emoji_thumbsup:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Hrm, doesn't Cinema Paradisio also come out this week? DVDEmpire shipped my copy, along with my 11.99 Stargate. I'd also really like to pick up Fear & Loathing, Monste's Ball, and Metropolis, but I just can't affoard a big week right now (expensive Valentines day). Fortunately, my birthday is two weeks away. Woohoo! :)

Thanks again Dave!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Figures. The first release week I've actually been excited about, well, just about ever, and no deals on Metropolis and not even a mention of Cinema Paradiso. :frowning:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
FYI, our favorite :) 24 supercenter already has Stargate on the shelves. Got mine today and price-matched the Sunday ad for $12.99.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh crap, does Cinema Paradiso get released this week too? NOOOOOOOO!!!! Cries my wallet!

Hopefully someday Harvey Scissorhands will allow the full version of Malena (and no it's not a "director's cut" it's the Original Version that was shown in Italy and cut by Miramax) on U.S. DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread