What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Love Affair – 1939
full

– Eternals – 2021
full

– The Three Musketeers – 1948
full

– Looper – 2012
full

– Damaged Lives – 1933
full

– Repeat Performance – 1947
full

–...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a pretty BIG week for new releases…for all those people who have been relentlessly demanding a 4k/UHD release of Looper. (I kid. I kid.)

But, actually, there are some choice releases out this week. The question is simply: whether or not they are interesting to you. I hope so!

Safe shopping RoundUppers! Thanks for your support! :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike!

Spontaneous was really good but bleak. Already have the digital, though, and the movie's too much of a bummer to get enough repeat viewings to justify a double dip on the disc release.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I should be getting my review copy of Looper soon, and I'm slated to get The Howling for review but not holding my breath.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for another RoundUp!

I'm slated to review Love Affair if Criterion sends out review copies. We'll see.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I can't find any definitive information on that Eurotrip BD release. Does anyone know if it's the extended cut release (which to date has only been available on DVD) or the theatrical release (in which case there is an existing BD release)?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I should be getting my review copy of Looper soon
When doing the review, would it be possible for you to identify if the included Blu-ray disc has been updated/improved from the original release?

If so, I would get that. Otherwise, I don't need the 4K release.

I know Sony does sometimes update the Blu-ray Disc as well. I bought Big Fish on 4K because it had a new Blu-ray transfer and extras that weren't on the original Blu-ray.

Thanks in advance if you can answer this.

Also, thanks as always to Mike for the Roundup.

I feel like I should want Eternals because I have every other MCU film in my collection, but I didn't like it. I might end up with it at some point but I'm not expecting to rush out and get it. The dilemma, of course, is that Disney doesn't do price drops on these titles very often. But $24.99 is a lot of money for a movie I really only need for the sole purpose series completion.

Last edited:

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I feel like I should want Eternals because I have every other MCU film in my collection, but I didn't like it. I might end up with it at some point but I'm not expecting to rush out and get it. The dilemma, of course, is that Disney doesn't do price drops on these titles very often. But $24.99 is a lot of money for a movie I really only need for the sole purpose series completion.
Right there with you. Outside of some of the Sony films, for which canon arguments may now commence, Eternals was the first MCU movie that I didn’t like. But like you, I have the rest of the MCU proper films on blu or 4K, so there’s that collector urge rearing its ugly head.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Outside of some of the Sony films, for which canon arguments may now commence
]I would consider the Sony films to be "adjacent canon" because they do not take place in Disney's main MCU timeline, but are clearly now connected through the multiverse. I added The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to my collection as a result of No Way Home (it was the only Spider-Man film I previously didn't want) but I'm still not interested in Venom.

But like you, I have the rest of the MCU proper films on blu or 4K, so there’s that collector urge rearing its ugly head.
For Eternals, I think I may wait a little while and see if I can find something cheaper secondhand. I suspect the next time I would be interested in viewing Eternals would be in advance of whenever those characters show up again just as a refresher.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
]I would consider the Sony films to be "adjacent canon" because they do not take place in Disney's main MCU timeline, but are clearly now connected through the multiverse. I added The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to my collection as a result of No Way Home (it was the only Spider-Man film I previously didn't want) but I'm still not interested in Venom.

For Eternals, I think I may wait a little while and see if I can find something cheaper secondhand. I suspect the next time I would be interested in viewing Eternals would be in advance of whenever those characters show up again just as a refresher.
You could keep an eye open for ii on e-bay.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For Eternals, I think I may wait a little while and see if I can find something cheaper secondhand.

I have the rest of the MCU proper films on blu or 4K, so there’s that collector urge rearing its ugly head.

Well, that didn't last long. The collector urge that Kent mentioned won out, so I just went ahead and bought Eternals. I saw some guy selling it for $9.99 on eBay and thought about doing that, but then I saw the listing. This person said that the reason he was selling it so cheap is because he was only mailing the disc in a plain white sleeve, without artwork or case. That won't do because a large part of the reason that I want this is for it to sit on my MCU shelf with the other films. So I just decided to go for it in store. I literally have all of the other MCU films lined up on a dedicated shelf, starting with Iron Man and going all the way to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, so it feels incomplete without Eternals.

Because I broke down and bought it, I am going to watch this again much sooner than I would have otherwise. I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully my opinion on it will improve with a second look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks