What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/15/05 (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Ah, it's probably a better experience on video anyway, since the "Director's Cut" film prints were actually blown up from video. I saw it and it was very soft and noisy. Sound was rather good, though.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Fry's Electronics Ad:

Saw (Widescreen / Fullscreen)

Donnie Darko Director's Cut

$14.99 Each
Price Good for One Day Only
Limit 1 Title Per Customer

Finally, a light week for me - I'm considering Taxi as a blind-buy, but I'll mostly likely pass. Only definite title is Raise Your Voice (for my daughters).

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Jeff,
My recommendation would be to avoid Taxi, it is an awful movie. At most I would recommend renting it first. Every movie has its fans but this probably has very few.
My opinion of course...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks as usual. Angel S5 for me and the collection will be complete!!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'd be admitting it if it were true, Harold. But its not. I think the Little House sets are just priced a bit too rich for me. Little House was a great program.

There are lots of TV Shows on DVD I'd be latching onto if money were no object. But, dammit, it is! :angry:

:D

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
I'm surprised more folks aren't snapping up Motorcycle Diaries. I don't recommend blind buys to anyone, but this has been one. One of the best of last year, and my only purchase this week.

Weinberg! It's Moises from FSU. I hope to see you in The Land of Aus(tin) in March. I'm hearing rumblings we get to see Sin City early. Don't quote me on that.

Back on-topic...at the least, give Motorcycle Diaries a rent. I wish more people got to see it. Too bad a spanish language film so often equals "I don't think so" to the big chain theatres.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Harold, I see your Little House Season 7 and I raise you. . . the first five seasons of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. :)

Actually, I'd be admitting it, too, if it were true, but it's not.

Though I will admit that we own Seasons 1-6 and will eventually probably pick up S7 as well, but, alas, not this week.

We just finished LHoP S3 and started S4 over the weekend, so it will be a while before we're ready for S7 anyway.

Anyway Harold, you may indeed be the only person willing to admit that he's getting it who is actually getting it!

JKS

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Looks like just Angel season 5 for me this week. Good thing since I have 6 things to review for next Tuesday....including the four-disc set of Thomas Edison films from Kino, which looks pretty darn good.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Young Einstein and Ice Pirates can also be had for $9/ea. at Deep Discount DVD FYI.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I really need an update on this Donnie Darko business. Seems like there's one version after another being released.

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
Donnie Darko DC is all for me. I'll probably rent Saw at some point, but I've got a lot of movie watching to do thanks to all the movies I bought this past weekend. So many movies, so little time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Not really. There was the original theatrical version, now there's the director's cut version. Two versions.

The DC played in a theater near me for a while as a midnight weekend show, but I never made it there. :frowning:

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

Oh I see now. There was always talk talk talk until now and there was the theater re-release.

I have the original and for a while was into all the threads that talked about it. However, the moment passed for me and everyone is still talking about it. That's why it's confusing for me. I guess there's a lot of new cult members who keep the worshiping alive ;).

I thought this movie has been dissected to death. Maybe it's worth checking out the DC to see if it solves anything ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks