What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-12-2013 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
That's ALL THE TIME at my store.  Maybe Adam Lenhardt or Ric Easton will pop in here and back me up!
My nearest BB (Williston, VT) looked much the same when I was there a week or so ago. There was an associate with a cart of about 50 titles or so, running around trying to figure out where on the mostly empty shelves each should be stocked. There was so much empty space and so many possibilities, he was having a rough time trying to match the proper shelf tag with the right product. I was going to stop in again yesterday but figured...why bother? I can easily order from Amazon at the same prices, with free shipping, and save sales tax as well (so far, anyway).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr
You may also want to ask to speak with the store GM and tell him that you are rather disappointed with the stores recent lack of movie inventory.
I tried something along those lines year. I forget exactly when, but it was after multiple new releases were not available on release night. I e-mailed and out outlined all the problems and the terrible customer service I received from their MOD over the previous Christmas. Polite and to the point and all that jazz. I didn't hear one word. The general perception I've gotten from BB is that they just don't care. They don't care their associates are not prepared for the first morning of Upgrade and Save. They don't care they don't have product on the floor. They don't care you can't find jack in the media section since they mixed both DVD's and BD's together. They don't care to follow a consistent policy between online and in-store sales.
I went in after work on Friday and there were massive sections of the $9.99/$7.99/$4.99 displays just empty. There was clearly no interest in filling the holes with other similarly priced titles or rearranging what was there to make it look better. That's what struck me the most: the apathy. It was not like that when I worked there close to 10 years ago.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jason_V
They don't care you can't find jack in the media section since they mixed both DVD's and BD's together.
Yeah. Mixing the two media together has certainly not helped the situation in the slightest.
I was in my mall over President's Day weekend. I didn't even bother to go into Best Buy to see what was there. I did, however, spend a fair amount of time looking over the deals and stock at my local FYE (TransWorld store) in the same mall.
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr Mike, if I were you I'd call Best Buy corporate customer service and let them know that your local store isn't being properly stocked. After the "Jaws" fiasco, the "white shirts" were put on notice. You may also want to ask to speak with the store GM and tell him that you are rather disappointed with the stores recent lack of movie inventory. That should give the third party a good swift kick in the pants, and possibly earn you a gift card.
A gift card? Todd, you obviously don't remember my problems just trying to get an occasional 10% off coupon from Best Buy back in "the day."

Users who are viewing this thread