What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/10 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't think it is as it's being promoted on the Anchor Bay website as a new release, and the price isn't much different than it was the first time around. Just another of Anchor Bay's unlimited limited editions, I guess.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks again, Mike. Nothing for me this week. Just for the record, Mike, there was a Coconuts ad in my Times Union today. I know you didn't get the last FYE ad, so I just wanted to give you a head's up in case you didn't get this one. If you didn't, let me know and I'll post it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott:

I got an Early Bird edition of the ATU delivered to my house as a promotion Saturday morning. There was not a single ad or supplement inside.

I then went to a local Stewarts and picked up a second Early Bird. Only a fraction of the ads were included. No BB or CC -- or Coconuts.

So, then, I get my Sunday ATU delivered this morning. Chock full of ads. Except Coconuts! Strike 3!

Bottom line: If you've got the time, I (and maybe others) would like to hear what Coconuts and probably the rest of the TWEC empire is up to this week. Last time we did this, I actually took advantage of one of the offers.

Thanks!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Galactica set with the new Packaging was already on the shelf today at Best Buy, to tell you the truth I probably should've waited I like the simple wrap around packaging better. I'm waiting on some reviews on 1 1/2 first sinck most Disney straight to video sequels are known to suck. What is the VH-1 on Zevon a Behind the music ?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Dave, I'm thinking the DVD about Warren Zevon was the VH1 special (both superb and touching) in which they followed him for some time (after he had been diagnosed with his terminal illness) through the process of writing, recording and promoting one final album all while tying loose ends and saying goodbyes before his time was up.

It was very good, and I'm glad it's being released. Probably a future purchase, though I generally don't buy these types of things. I liked it that much. :)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coconuts ad, 2/8-2/11/04 (ends WEDNESDAY!)
Disclaimer: only the following stores are listed in the ad and may be the only ones where these prices are valid (that was the case with the FYE ad the other week): Stuyvesant Plaza (Albany, NY); Clifton Park, NY; Delaware Plaza (Delmar, NY); Fairview Plaza (Hudson, NY); Latham Farms (Latham, NY); Pittsfield, MA; Queensbury, NY. At any other TWEC stores YMMV.
DVDs
On the front page:
Get a Free* DVD with any $40 movie purchase!

*Clear case DVD - see store for details

American Wedding Unrated $12.99 (after $7 mail-in rebate)
Each of the following is listed at low price, with really no hint of a price (the $12.99 AW disc is the only other DVD on the page): Intolerable Cruelty, In the Cut, Lion King 1-1/2 (all in stores Tuesday 2/10), Fighting Temptations, Under the Tuscan Sun, MY Boss's Daughter (all in stores now)

Inside the ad:
Titantic - $7.99 with ANY purchase

$9.99 DVDs
Benny & Joon, Romeo & Juliet (FOX SE), Where the Heart Is, Save the Last Dance, The Wedding Singer, You've Got Mail, The Wedding Planner

$12.99 DVDs
Dirty Dancing Ultimate Edition, Runaway Bride, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Top Gun, Pretty Woman 10th Anniversary Edition, English Patient, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bridget Jones' Diary, Love & Basketball, Chasing Amy CC, Coyote Ugly, Barbershop, Good Will Hunting Collector's Series, Sweet Home Alabama, Sixteen Candles, Neet the Parents, Deliver Us From Eva, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Casablanca(original release pictured), Sleepless in Seattle SE, Gone with the Wind (original release pictured), Just Married

Hard to Find Disney DVDs $14.99/ea. (after $8 mail-in rebate)
Snow White Platinum Edition, Beauty & the Beast PE, Lion King PE, Sleeping Beauty 2-disc

TV on DVD
Punk'd Season 1 - $19.99
Friends Season 6 - $29.99
Gilligan's Island Season 1, $29.99
Sex & the City Season 5 - $34.99

$9.99 Music DVDs (in stores 2/10)
Christina Aguilera - Stripped Live in the UK
Bon Jovi - This Left Feels Right Live

CDS

$9.99 CDs
Norah Jones - Feels Like Home (after $3 mail-in rebate, in stores 2/10)
Jessica Simpson - In This Skin
Dixie Chicks - Top Of the World Tour
Jennifer Lopez - The Reel Me
Rage Against the Machine - Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium
Switchfoot - Beautiful Letdown
Kanye West - College Dropout (in stores 2/10)
No Doubt - The Singles Collection
Juvenile - Juve the Great
Melissa Etheridge - Lucky (in stores 2/10)
Blink 182

$12.99 CDs
Barbra Streisand - The Movie Album
Bette Midler - Sings the Rosemary Clooney Songbook
Beyonce - Dangerously in Love
Harry Connick, Jr. - Only You
Jagged Edge - Hard
Five For Fighting - The Battle for Everything
Michael Jackson - Number Ones
Cyndi Lauper - At Last
John Mayer - Heavier Things
Train - My Private Nation
Various Artists- Cold Mountain Soundtrack
Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder
Various Artists - 50 First Dates Soundtrack
Alicia Keys - The Diary of Alicia Keys
Clay Aiken - Measure of a Man
Ruben Studdard - Soulful
Various Artists - Barbershop 2... Soundtrack
Ying Yang Twins - Me & My Brother

$4.99 CDs (while supplies last)
Blondie - Live
Motley Crue - Generation Swine
Yes - The Ladder
Motley Crue - Supersonic & Demonic Relics
Motley Crue - Motley Crue
Various Artists (?) - Swing This, Baby!
Anthrax - Return of the Killer A's
Blondie - No Exit
Violent Femmes - Freak Magnet
58 - Diet for a New America

$.99 CASSETTES(!) (while supplies last)
Motley Crue - Live
Motley Crue - New Tattoo
Meatloaf - VH1 Storytellers

Video Games

GameBoy Advance System - $99.99 (in Platinum or Cobalt, colors may vary by store)
GameBoy Advance Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - $29.99

$49.99 each
GameCube Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (in stores 2/11, while supplies last)
Mafia (for Playstation 2 & X-Box)

Miscellaneous Stuff/HT Hardware

Coby 300 Watt Progressive Scan Home Theater - $79.99 after $20 mail in rebate
Sony 2.2" TV - $29.99 after $30 mail-in rebate (while supplies last)
Coby Portable CD Player with Car Kit - $29.99 (Case Logic 20 CD Visor/Folio FREE with purchase of this)
Coby Progressive Scan DVD Player - $49.99
Motorized Skip Doctor - $29.99
Maxell 48 Pack Batteries - $9.99 (AA batteries pictured)
Sony Psyc CD Players (portable) - $49.99 (Case Logic CD Player Case FREE with purchase)
Case Logic CD Wallet - $5.99 Buy 1, Get 1 Free
K-Hypermedia 50 Pack Data CD-R - $12.99
Karaoke Party Machine with 5" B/W TV & AM/FM-Dual Cassette (GPX) - $129.99 after $50 instant savings when you purchase 3 karaoke CDs

And as a bonus (and a plug for my company ;)), CVS has romantic movies @ 2/$14.99 (or they should also ring up $7.50 each if you only buy 1, with ExtraCare Card; $11.99 without card). The following titles are pictured: Legally Blonde, For Love of the Game, The Mexican, When Harry Met Sally SE. Although it doesn't say it, I'm sure selection varies by store. For example, my store (Crossgates) also has Mystic Pizza, which would probably count as a romantic movie. CVS sale runs 2/9-2/15

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. I came into the thread knowing that I had zero purchases lined up for Tuesday. But once I saw the price for that Airport set... :)

Long as they're all OAR I'm snaggin' that set. I'm a sucker for cheeseball 70s disaster flicks.

To those 'on the bubble' about Lion King 1.5, I'd say give it a shot for 16 bucks. I thought it was quite funny, and (though this isn't much of a compliment, really) I believe it's the best Disney DTV sequel yet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott Weinberg: The Airport films are OAR.

Scott_J: THAT was a LOT of typing! Thanks a bunch. Didn't realize it was such a local ad.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
A little off topic, but your Xena quote at the top of the post reminded me of this little exchange in Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

Teenage Zombie: "I'm not afraid to die. I'm already dead."

Xander: "Yeah, but this is different. Being blown up isn't walking around and drinking with your buddies dead. It's little bits being swept up by a janitor dead, and I don't think you're ready for that."

:D :D

-Lyle J.P.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I was really hoping that Costco would do a "deep" discount similar to Alien Quad for Battlestar Galactica in the regular box. Perhaps waiting a few more days something will turn up.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Super job, Mike!

This is going to be a week of self-control for me, putting Intolerable Cruelty and the new Battlestar Galactica set on my Amazon wish list instead of bringing them home.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Lyle,

Love the BUFFY quote, but for the life of me, I can't remember which episode it's from. Can you enlighten me?? Thanks.

Just ANGEL for me this week -- already on it's way from Amazon.com.

Thanks, also, Mike, for carrying on with the Roundup!

Deborah

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
FYI, "Party Monster" came out on Tuesday as well. I won't get out to any store until Friday, so I don't if any B&M's will carry, though BB and CC probably will. For those who aren't familiar with it, Macaulay Culkin stars in the fact-based film about a young, drag-obsessed party god (who, I believe, lived around the NYC party scene) whose life ended up going downhill. I know nothing about the rest of the film (or the true story), but it's supposedly pretty trippy. Also stars Seth Green. There is also a documentary available about the 'party monster' under the same title (be sure to get the proper one) from the same directors, which might serve some viewers better.

Amazon = $16.98
DDD = $14.64

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks