What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 12-5-2017
WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– Despicable Me 3 – 2017

full

– Olympia – 1938

full

– American Assassin – 2017

full

– Auntie Mame – 1958

full

– Twin Peaks (Limited Event) – 2017

full

– Go Tell the Spartans – 1978

Weekly RoundUp 12-5-2017

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week.

I was never a fan of the Despicable Me movies. Maybe I'll see American Assassin someday...but I've already got a ton of action movies sitting on my shelf unwatched that I would want to get to until I find it at some bargain basement price. As much as I love Bud Greenspan and would love to see Olympia, I'll have to wait until some B&N (or Criterion) sale probably to pick that set up. And, again, Auntie Mame (which I've never seen) sometime down the road.

But that's okay, I've had a ton of expenses (many of them disc purchases) lately! :D

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :rock:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mike. Unless there's some kind of great deal when I wake up tomorrow, I think I'm with Jake this week. Nothing here until The Dark Knight trilogy mid-month.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Several holiday horrors on the list that I might check out. I'll get the 3D of Despicable Me 3 from UK.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the ROundUp, Mike!

I have Auntie Mame coming tomorrow, and I'm very anxious to see the Blu-ray transfer. Otherwise, the week doesn't offer me anything of interest either.

24fpsNinja

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Is Go Tell The Spartans a reissue? I have the prior one from Scorpion and the extras appear to be the same.
Also, I think BB is releasing a Jumanji Exclusive 4K Steelbook this week.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. I will eventually pick up the UHD of Jumanji -- I only had this on SD-DVD -- but I am in no hurry on that title, and can wait for the price to drop. I spent enough over Thanksgiving weekend, so it's time to give the wallet a rest.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The only potential thing I see at BB is Despicable Me 1-3 on 4k for $49.99. I cancelled two book orders last week...I'm tempted to pick them up this week, along with Coco's soundtrack, with this week's media budget.

Randomly: today only Target has their gift cards for 10% off. There are restrictions, but if you're looking for gift giving or for yourself, not a bad deal. It's essentially getting 10% off your purchases.

I don't see any good deals using Cartwheel; Target.com orders are 1.5% cash back using iBotta; BB is 1% using the same app. With Ebates, 1% on both BB in store and online when shopping through their app with a linked card; Barnes and Noble is 2%.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But that's okay, I've had a ton of expenses (many of them disc purchases) lately! :D
Same here. I have spent a lot on Twilight Time, Warner Archive, and sporadic Amazon deals these last few weeks.

Thanks as always Mike, for your great work each week!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm slated to receive the three remaining 4K UHD titles that are due to street this week for review, but nothing yet.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Despicable Me 3 coming out tomorrow was a complete shock and surprise for me for some reason. I had no idea until I clicked into this thread just now. I stay really up to date on release dates for movies I would buy, and have absolutely no idea how I missed this one.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I bit on the Planet of the Apes trilogy set (UHD) at Amazon. $50 for 3 movies (UHD, BD and Digital) is a good deal to me. I was going to try to do another of the 3/$50 bundle order, but the things I want aren't sold by Amazon right...I'll keep trying for the rest of the month.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Wal*Mart had Despicable Me3 UHD for $24.96 standard blu-ray was $19.XX with the Wal*Mart exclusive being a "Backpack" $24.96 l
2ede8f51-1b89-40b4-b5f4-6a7134c06ad8_1.eea8a0f22780dc8de835bf702163e323.jpeg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Too bad the Walmart "exclusive" wasn't the 3D version of the film. But that backpack is pretty tempting. ;)

Stan

Senior HTF Member

I was never a fan of the Despicable Me movies. Maybe I'll see American Assassin someday...but I've already got a ton of action movies sitting on my shelf unwatched that I would want to get to until I find it at some bargain basement price. As much as I love Bud Greenspan and would love to see Olympia, I'll have to wait until some B&N (or Criterion) sale probably to pick that set up. And, again, Auntie Mame (which I've never seen) sometime down the road.

Sorry for the late reply. Just snooping around, have never seen this portion of HTF.

Never seen "Auntie Mame"? That like somebody having never seen "Gilligan's Island" :) I grew up with that and other Rosalind Russell movies, just a part of my childhood viewing adventures.

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Sorry for my typo, still doing this one handed with a broken wrist, lots of hunt & peck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks