What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-4-2007 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my BB still has boxes of the bonus disc from either the first or second movie, cant remember what movie there for.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Adrian: I saw the BD of Mr. & Mrs. Smith last night. Apparently my guess was completely wrong. The specs only list one film which is rated PG-13 with a running time of 120 minutes. That's the same as the theatrical release.

The extended release clocks in at 125 minutes and is NR.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And that's why you are fortunate enough to have an "itsy-bitsy" collection. And, I mean that.

However, your sig link doesn't seem to be working... :frowning:

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

Only 1 definite for me this week: 24: Season 6.

I picked it up today at Best Buy using the $10 coupon from the Season 6 Premiere DVD along with a $5 Rewards certificate.

So, to answer my question, I guess that the film cell was made just as a collectible item.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Patrick! Not such an "itsy" collection! ;)

=====================================

BTW, I just finally checked @ cc.com and confirmed that "sale" on Seasons 1-5 of 24. Here's how cc.com describes it:

I am flabbergasted by this. I believe Best Buy currently has seasons 1-5 on sale for $24.99 apiece...no strings attached.

I would certainly hope NO ONE would ever go to Circuit City this week and buy ANY copies of 24. That has to be one of the worst "deals" I have ever seen a store post. Come to think of it, on cc.com each of the early seasons of 24 is already listed as $49.99 -- so why feel the need to buy Season 6 in order to get that price? It's all so freaking strange.

I cannot imagine misinterpreting a DVD sale special in a store flyer only because the price is so high. But THAT is exactly what I did when I posted this week's RoundUp.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Circuit City is routinely sky-high on box sets of any kind. Best Buy and Amazon are generally close then CC is generally significantly higher, even on release week. Just another reason to not buy DVD's at CC (along with their horrible display shelving format).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The CC near me is VERY close to my BB. I can tell you that--even with all the well-documented problems I've had with BB over the years--I RARELY ever find myself directed to CC for ANYTHING!

But this week's 24 situation is obscene. Their marketing people must be on crack.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What's even funnier about it is that I don't think I ever paid more than $45 for a 24 set on the day it was released (rather than on a decent sale where they run about $30 or less). And I paid $45 when the S2, S3 and maybe S4 sets had an MSRP of $70- prior to being lowered to a $60 MSRP.

I guess they're just relying on suckering people coming in for Christmas to spend $50 a set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Think about it. A new season of a TV show is released. Many times retailers will offer sales on previous season sets that are CHEAPER than the newest season set.

For example: Season 7 of Friends is released on sale for $29.99 (reg. $34.99). Some stores might have Seasons 1 thru 5 or 1 thru 6 on sale for $19.99 or $17.99 apiece.

This week, I purchased 24: Season 6 for $26.99 (incl. $10 coupon) and CC wants to sell me seasons 1-5 for $49.99. They're smokin' crack, I tells ya!

Well...Best Buy is a perfect example. This week: 24: Season 6 is on sale for $36.99. Seasons 1-5 are on sale for $24.99 apiece. Not a bad deal at all.

I guess it was Barnum who said there's a sucker born every minute. They must also shop at CC. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks