What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-4-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Adrian: That is an answer I've been looking for without success as well.

My guess would be: the longer unrated version, if not both.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Re: Best Buy - Anyone want to guess what size that Superbad t-shirt will be? I'm guessing a Large, which is just a bit too snug for moi.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hmmm. I've never gone for a T-shirt promotion with a DVD before. Wouldn't it be smarter for them to go for XL? You'd think it would be more...inclusive! :)

=======================================

BTW, just PotC: AWE (BD) and Will & Grace: Season 7 for me this week. Eventually I would just love to get the four Bergman films and even Mr. & Mrs. Smith (BD)...but they will have to wait. Plus, I'm a big Bill Murray fan and would love to see SNL: S2 sometime. Anybody know anything about Arctic Tale? Them polar bears is cute!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Galactica Season 1 on HD DVD and Elton 60 & 20 Million Miles To Earth on BD. Pity the HD DVD Razor that was initially reported turned out to be a mistake.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Superbad is already near the top of my Netflix queue! SNLS2 is very tempting...I have a 10% off shopping day at Target, but I still have Christmas shopping to finish....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I think there was a t-shirt promotion with Dodgeball, but they had different sizes marked on the packaging, but I think they were all Larges no matter what. Maybe it's time to lose that weight.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mike -
Another Ford film being released (re-released?) is 12 Angry Men.
It's a part of the Decades Collection. I had heard the previous release had a ... dubious transfer so I'm hoping that this one is better.

MSRP $19.95
Amazon $14.99

Other than 12 Angry Men, I plan on POTC:AWE likely the 2-disc version.

And Thanks again for the Info!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I stand by my guess, however, that these are just re-packaged titles. But, OTOH, I never had any complaints about the transfer of Twelve Angry Men.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have POTC and Superbad Blu Ray coming from Amazon. I'm gonna hold off on Razor till it hits a Hi Def version. I went 5 seasons getting 24 Box set and I have watched none, I think the nature of the show prohibits me rewatching it, and if I wanted to watch an entire season again I can always Netflix it. I'll start Getting Galactica Seasons in Hi Def with S3, maybe I'll Double Dip the older seasons at some point down the road when I can pick it up cheap.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
When BB gave away Fezzik t-shirts with Princess Bride, there were different sizes. I saw the DVD packaged with both L and XL shirts.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Not to be nitpicky, but 12 Angry Men is not a John Ford film. It was directed by Sidney Lumet. Anyway, here's hoping that they do a 16:9 transfer one day. Not that the current dvd is bad, but having a Widescreen tv, it would be nice to get the optimum resolution and best picture quality possible.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have been trying to avoid SD DVD purchases, but I broke down and picked up the 2-disc Serenity SE at Best Buy for $8.99 because of the commentary track (Joss and 4 others from the cast, I think Nate, Adam, Ron and Jewel), and the additional hour of stuff on the 2nd DVD.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Just a quick heads-up for the Best Buy PotC:AWE Bonus disc... I went in and immediately found the huge cardboard display chock-full of Pirates. Nothing stood out as any containing a bonus disc. I looked in the new release section. Again, nothing. No extra stickers or anything. I went back to the display and asked the Blue-Shirt. He looked at the display, looked at the sign with the prices, then picked up the 2-disc edition and said "this must be the one with the extra disc." I went back to the New Release aisle and began to search through the discs for one with any indication of a bonus disc. Then I saw it. On the bottom shelf. A row of cardboard disc-sleeves. Pirates Bonus Discs. Each priced with a price sticker for $9.99. (That's why I think I didn't spot them right away.) It did ring up as free when I checked out though.

So make sure that you find the stack of bonus discs, whereever they may be.

Jimmy!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes, thanks Jimmy! Excellent report! :emoji_thumbsup:

This is another of those confusing weeks for me as I will be buying two copies: one SD, one BD--both with bonus discs. I've got deposits on both. And, an RZ certificate. Not nearly as confusing as my Ratatouille experience, but I'm still gonna have to be on my toes! :)

Oh, yeah...and then there's W&G: S7.

Oh...and 24: S6 (which I was kinda on the fence about) with that $10 coupon from the season premiere release.

=======================

BTW, I'd love to hear from anyone who gets to a CC about that deal with 24: Season 6 and whatever...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up my copy today and to make things more confusing, there's no size info on the package or even on the tag of the shirt. I'm tall and I'm about 20 or more pounds overweight so I normally wear an XL and this shirt fits my gut but it's too short on me. Usually a shirt is too short for me when it's a Large.

Long story short, I think the Superbad shirt is a Large.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's a bummer. I picked up 2 of them, but may end up returning one of them (don't think a L is going to fit them...at all).

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Got Dark Crystal and Dr. Strangelove 2-discers from BB.com for a combined *TOTAL* of $8.99 with in-store pickup. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks