What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/30 (and 1/2) (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Appreciate the heads-up! While that would be extremely important information for me, its not for my dad.

But, I went looking today at both Wal-Mart and K-Mart and came up empty. Will have to try different stores tomorrow.
Almost convinced my local K-Mart to sell me the SE of Clear & Present Danger at the $4.99 but a manager nixed the deal at the last minute.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: The Target "2 for $15" or "2 for $20" deals ring up individually as $7.50 or $10 respectively. I picked up "To Live and Die in L.A." at Target at the $10 price.

Duncan Reno

Agent
Was at Target tonight and picked up Kingpin (mini-series) producer's cut and Frida for $14.44 apiece. I'm not sure if these have been included in any of Dave's previous price reductions.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
picked up Sex & the City for my wife as an early birthday present (and people think guys watch stuff over and over again, you should see her with the season sets for this one).

I was also happily surprised when I picked up Zoolander for $9.99 today. I didn't know it was on sale, and it wasn't labeled as on sale on the shelf.

John Chow

Second Unit
FYI, if you have a Disney Store near you, I was by there a few days ago and saw Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Carribean for $14.99. Not sure if this price is still current, so may wanna call first.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I had an opportunity to go into my local Toys 'R Us last night and found a buy 2 get 1 free sale underway. Don't have too much reason to patronize TRU these days. A cursory glance of prices looked kinda high, though.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart did NOT get the Unrated version of American Wedding, if that's the version you were looking for.

However, Target has it, in Widescreen. Targets "low price" for all four versions of AW is $15.99...best price, better than Wal-Mart's $16.14!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
At my local Best Buy:

American Wedding was $15.99. In the Los Angeles Times circulars it says "Best Price" but the DVD right beside it (which is usually an indicator of the "best price") says $15.99. And sure enough, the American Wedding DVD stand in the store said $15.99 (and I bought one and was rung up at that price).

Don't know if this is nationwide or just an L.A. thing.

FWIW I bought the unrated OAR version, of which there were plenty of copies at BB.

Galen_V

Second Unit
At the Best Buy in NYC, they have a policy where if you bring in a print out the lower price on the Best Buy webpage, they will honor that price. I don't know if that is a national policy, but it is worth a shot.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Probably not of much consequence to anyone...but to round out my K-Mart/Clear & Present Danger story from earlier....

K-Mart this week is running an ad which shows certain DVDs (including the old non-anamorphic C&PD) for $4.99. The two K-Marts I went to in search of this title didn't have any. At the first K-Mart I went to, I picked up the SE off their regular shelf and inquired if this was the one they listed on sale in their flyer. After major hubbub and confusion, a manager ruled "no".

At the second K-Mart I went to today, I picked up the SE & asked the same question of the lonely guy at the electronics counter. He didn't know (d'uh!) and scanned it at his register. "Bing!", it ran up "$4.99 advertised special". :D Sometimes these things just work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks