1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 12-30-2008

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Absolutely. I don't do the "impulse buy" thing on amazon. But when prices start dropping in the stores...I think an awful lot of people will start building BD libraries...

It's human nature. People just love a bargain. that's why we're all here, come to think of it!

Think about the crowds surrounding those $5 bins at Wal-Mart!

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Oh, agreed 100%. It's way too easy to second guess yourself online when you have to click and submit and verify your way to checkout. All you have to do in the store is pick it up and go to the register. Time could play against you. The person standing next to you talking up the movie. And when that price is under $20 for a BD, it's hard to say no.

(God, I need help...)

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Jason: I have cut WAY BACK on my DVD/BD buying this year. WAYBACK. Not that I spent a lot of titles before...

So, this week...confronted with that terrific price on Band of Brothers...I grew weak. TWICE, I went to my local Best Buy looking for the title...yet, for some reason, I found it very difficult to go through the on-line process at amazon to make the same purchase. However, when I saw amazon had Shawshank on Blu for just $19.99...I even added that on to the order because I haven't seen it anywhere else for that at all.

But it would have been much easier for me to walk out the doors of BB with discs-in-hand. [​IMG] I figure that's just because I'm an old fart.

4. Moises

Moises Agent

Moisés Chiullan
    Target has some more Blu deals, like Kingdom of Heaven for 19.99. They aren't noted in the ad, but they're pretty good in-store markdowns. I actually see people browsing the BD aisle now...I'll report back more specifically later on after I drop back by there.

I must note that it's depressing that they're sold out of The Scorpion King 2 alongside empty shelves of WALL-E and Ratatouille...