What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-3-2013 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Has anyone heard this new version of WoTWs?

I have the original on Vinyl and several cds including an sacd version that is great.
Hard to imagine anyone other than Richard Burton doing narration.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I have the CD, the SACD box set (including the 12x12 book) and the PAL DVD of the Richard Burton version live concert with the hologram of Burton performing "live."

I also have the CD of the Liam Neeson version. It's good. The arrangements are a little different than the version I've been listening to since 1978.

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
I think it's disgusting that the Target-exclusive extra content is only available on THEIR new streaming service, as if we need one more account to keep up with, or want to only access that extra when connected to the net on the right device.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Best Buy does it, the studios all do it...why not Target? I'm not saying it's right, mind you. I'm just saying there's no way Target stays out of that particular pool as long as there is money to make.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah I stopped chasing that dragon a long time ago. Life is too short. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Yeah I stopped chasing that dragon a long time ago. Life is to short. :)
+1 :thumbsup:

Although I did jump through hoops to get the Target Exclusive "Phil-lowcase" with the latest season of Modern Family! :laugh:

But I was then disappointed with the crappy quality of the thing.

IMG_2468.jpg
IMG_2470.jpg

I think I'm done with most exclusives, too.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
If you are on the fence with "Anchorman", Best Buy and Amazon had it for 14.99 with a $7.50 movie ticket coupon for "Anchorman 2". A pretty good deal.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Walmart has another version of Anchorman soon that includes a THIRD cut of the movie.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hate to do this and I'm sure the mods will move it, but I have a set of the 8 New/Sealed Fox Classic releases I'llsell to a HTF member for $70 shipped.I got 2 sets from Fox and I really don't won't to go through a return sessionsince I'll have to pay return shipping as well. Just PM if you're interested before this rightly gets moved and buried in the Indiana Jones like vault of forgotten posts.I would put this in the Classifieds, but there is nothing over there but all the UV.Digital Code dealers mostof whom aren't interested in anything to do with this forum or Movies in general. Is there a possible way tosplit out the Classifieds to give them their own playground so the Movie buy/trade would even have a chance to getseen without all the Noise.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That's already available but Wake Up is considered a separate movie, this new one is considered a third cut of Anchorman.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Moe Dickstein said:
Isn't that just the Theatrical/Unrated and Wake Up Ron Burgundy?
Hmm I just looked at the listing again and it looks different. It does appear to be the regular Rich Mahogany version.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hate to do this and I'm sure the mods will move it, but I have a set of the 8 New/Sealed Fox Classic Dec 3 releases I'llsell to a HTF member for $65 shipped.- Carmen Jones- The Ghost and Mrs Muir- North To Alaska- Jesse James- The Black Swan- Call of the Wild- Desk Set- The UndefeatedI promise I won't do this again, but since the thread is expired, I'll hijack it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks