What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/28/04 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Anyone going out to target today wanna report if the are carrying the Battlestar Galactica Miniseries and How much it was...

Thanks

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Patrick, looks like I'm off to Target for Twilight Zone 1985 S1. Hope they have it in stock since they are beating the pants off of BB and CC

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If anyone's headed to Target today, I'd appreciate an in-store price on the Anchroman 2-disc set. Thanks.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Scott,

The 2-disc Anchorman was $29.99 at Target.

Jay

P.S. Thanks to Patrick for filling in during Mike's absence.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, Best Buy is including the bonus Anchorman disc on the two pack, good news for those interested. Also, on a side note I saw quite a few people picking up Garden State and that is a welcome sign as it is truly a fantastic movie. A good blind buy for those curious.

Kevin

dOc!

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Anyone seen what other Fox TV deals are at BB (besides the advertised Buffy S1)? I'm guessing it's similar to Amazon.
Thanks for taking the reins, Patrick!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Bummer! Went to Target and the clerk said they didn't get any in. He also didn't think they were expecting any. Looks like I'm paying 20 bucks more at Best Buy. If they have it by the time I get out of work. Sorry, Dave... Didn't see the BG miniseries there either.

Ric

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I posted this in the Music forum as well...

Target has Joss Stone's live concert DVD for 11.99 (seems to be regular price). It features 16:9 format, DTS, and a decent set of extras (three music videos, an outtake and a short tour docu). If you're a Stone fan you don't want to pass this up!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Thanks Ric looks Like I'll be ordering online for Battlestar. I Might Try Netflix to check out the 80's Zone I 've never seen them

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I highly recommend it Dave! Yhanks Kevin, hope they have one left by the time I get there!

Ric

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Seems like there's a bit of confusion here...
This title was not listed in the circular on Sunday. Target.com's music/movies/books section is actually powered by Amazon.com.

I did notice that Open Water at Target was signed for $15.99 for the widescreen version, but $19.99 for fool-screen! Didn't check out it see was it actually scanned at, but that was a first for a new release there to be priced differently for the different aspect ratios.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering why Target DVD prices were so close to Amazon's prices.

I've updated the Costco prices for the titles that showed up at my local Costco from my visit there today. If I didn't list a Costco price, it means I didn't see it being offered for sale.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Has anyone else had a problem with Best Buy & price matching lately? This past month, whenever I would do a price match they now required seeing the ad (duh, but before they just took my word), but today took the cake:

The checkout cashier guy did just about everything but pull out his Junior CSI Science Kit out... it took him about a minute to find the item, then he scrutinized the picture really close then he looked at the item really hard (KOTH S3)... back and forth for about another minute. Then he unfolded the Target ad to make sure it was this week's ad, when on the dvd page it says quite clearly at the top "in stores the week of December 28th" or something like that. Then after all that he entered the $5 off price match into the computer and said he had to keep the ad. Anyone else run into this situation?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the past, on price matches, they have asked for the ad. I guess they don't want you to pass on the ad to another person for yet another price-match request.

You should have refused his request for the ad, and see if he would have given you the price-match without confiscating it.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Not to trash Best Buy, but it seems like every time I try and get a price match or, God forbid, have a return, it is ALWAYS a nightmare there.

Tell me if this makes ANY sense...

My kids bought me The Simpsons Season 5 DVD for Christmas and for some reason the set came with two disc 1's, but no disc 2. On the 26th, since I had some other errands to run, I stopped by BB to get an exchange. I waited several minutes in the "returns & exchanges" line and when I got to the counter, I handed the clerk the box and the receipt and said, "I just need to exchange this for another copy, it has two disc 1's." She looks at me for a moment, pauses, and then says, "We're not doing any exchanges today." I said, "Excuse me??" "Well," she continued, "My manager told us not to do any exchanges today because we're too busy." Now, I was starting to get a little hot. "Look," I said, "Here are the discs, here's my sales receipt, you find your manager and do whatever you have to do to get me another copy." She skulked off, returned a few minutes later and announced, "I can refund your card and you can pick out whatever you want and go to the checkout and pay for it there." I replied, "I did not buy it. It was a gift and I do not have the card it was purchased with." So, she gave me a BB Gift Card for the purchase price and said, "Look, you'll just have to go get another copy and go through the checkout, I cannot let you exchange it here." "Fine," I said. "But, what happens when I get to the checkout and it scans for a higher price, since it is no longer on sale?" "Oh?" she replied. Then she scurried off again to find a manager who ended up writing a note for me to give to the cashier along with my receipt and the gift card. When I finally get to the front checkout, I hand the cashier the discs, the note, the sales receipt and the gift card. She rings it up, swipes the card and says, "You owe $12.34." I said, "No, this is an even exchange. Look at the manager's note and the sales receipt." "Oh, I'm sorry!" she said. "I didn't see the note. Just a minute while I get a manager over here to void this out and re-ring it."

Tired, pissed off, but not defeated, I finally leave BB and head for home.

Now, comes the most unbelievable part of this whole saga...

When I walk into the house, I open the box and see Disc 1, disc 2, disc 4, disc 4!! TWO disc 4's!! aarrghh...

I hop in the car, go back to BB, wait several minutes in the "returns and exchanges" line, get the same clerk, who glares at me and asks, "Now what's wrong?" I reply, "Believe it or not, this set has two disc 4's." "No way!" she exclaims. I say, "Here's the box, you tell me."

We go through the same ridiculous process again with her finding her manager to write a note to take to the checkout, she issues me a new gift card, blah, blah, blah. And, of course, when I get to the checkout the exact same thing happens and the cashier tells me, "You owe $12.34." She has to find another manager, void the sale and ring me up for the 4th time!! all because customer service refused do an "even exchange" because some moron manager decided that they were "too busy" to do exchanges that day.

Is this is a great use of store personnel on one of the busiest shopping days of the year or what? I have NEVER had so much trouble exchanging something at ANY store, PERIOD.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the fill-in work. Picked up both Anchorman 2 pack and Open Water with Bonus DVDs along with Garden State. More to come, but had to get the bonus discs today before they're gone.

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
With the Twilight Zone Definitive Season 1 deal from Coconuts.com would that apply to the actual Coconuts store as well. Could I walk in there and get it for 69.99?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Price-matching was a pain in the ass for me at BB too. They wanted to actually call the store I had the ad for and didn't have the number for it since it wasn't in the same town, but about half an hour away. There used to be one in the same town and they tried to give me trouble because it is now closed. Nevermind, that town has no problems price matching with this town.

It was the first day of the item's released, so I don't know if they wanted to find out if it was in stock or what.

After spending a lot of time looking for the number they finally gave up and gave it to me for the matched price and the 10% of the difference credit.

And they can't do the price-matches at the register, but at Customer Service, so it took about 15 minutes before anyone even began to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks