What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-26-2006 (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

Same thing happened to me on Sunday. All Season 5 sets have a Season 6 prequel which is exclusive to the set, but Best Buy also had a bonus disc with some sets when it was released 3 weeks ago. The bonus disc sets have a different UPC # than the ones without. My guess someone at corporate forgot to enter that UPC in the computer for the sale this week. I tried to explain it was a free bonus disc and that they both had $49.99 stickers on them, but because the sticker for the Best Buy exclusive didn't say free they wouldn't sell it for the $19.99.:rolleyes

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Larry:

Question #1 re: Black Dahlia HD-DVD. I figure it got delayed.

BTW, did you know Scarlett Johansson is in that film?

I completely missed the deal at BB on Tax Cut Premium & State and the free DVD up to $19.99. Thanks for pointing it out! :emoji_thumbsup: Someone might want to pick up a copy of The Black Dahlia starring Scarlett Johansson:

It is also pretty cool that you were able to use that deal to pick up 24: Season 5! :eek: These 24 deals at BB & Target are unbelievable. The entire rest of the year I will be watching people buy copies of season sets of 24 for prices like $48.99 and $54.99 and just be shaking my head in disbelief! :frowning:

:D

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Mike:

Ah, indeed I am aware that Scarlett Johansson is in Black Dahlia, which is one of the reasons I want it in HD-DVD. Unless I am mistaken, this will be her first HD release.

BTW - I picked up the SD-DVD for the interim, but at $16.99 it wouldn't be as good a deal as a freebee.

Thanks for all your work.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

All right, Larry. Since you insist on keeping up this conversation...I find it necessary to post another picture of SJ...as I ponder what an HD-DVD image of her might yield: :laugh:

Okay, okay. I'm done! :D

BTW, during a quick trip to my local BB today (which I had been trying to avoid) I found they had NO copies af ANY seasons of 24. But, of course, YMMV.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I was at the same Best Buy, and they offered a raincheck... So, I took it. I understand this may not be their usual policy on sale dvd items, I may have just gotten a more sympathetic clerk.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From Mike's Pocket Dictionary of Oxymorons:

"BB clerk" and "Sympathetic"

;)

Good for you, Ric! Anyone who can get 24: Season 5 for $19.99 is getting a great deal--even if it is delayed a week or so. Since I didn't see any Season 5s when I was at the same BB as Ric...and certainly didn't see any "sympathetic" clerks...I will rest content with my merely "good" deal of $24.99 at Target! :D

LarryH

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Mike, I hadn't check this thread for a few days! Glad I came back!

Happy New Year!

Frank@N

Screenwriter
And here I thought someone had post a on-line coupon or something...

Anyway if you're into SJ you might want to check out 'Love Song for Bobby Long'.

She shows lots of curves and there's a partial nude shot.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thought someone had turned this thread into a sticky, so glad I came back to check it out. I loves me some Scarlett. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks