What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-26 & 12-27-05 (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Mike. I'm actually leaning on waiting for the eventual Hi-Def versions. :confused: I have the UTB and it looks rather good on my PJ. Would love the dts but there are other dvds that I must have.

Also, ditto thanks for the Target heads up regarding the Warner 2 discers. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup fellas and hope everyone got lots of DVDs for Christmas (between me, my wife, and 2 kids we got about 50 new DVDs -- some are sets :D )

Anyway SeaQuest is a must buy (boy that price sucks was hoping for $29.99) as well as TS2 and Con Air from the CC $4.99 sale.

Contemplating Batman Vol 2 and 4, GG S4, Smallville S3 & S4 but alas christmas ate me alive (what else is new) so I will most likely pass on them.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!

Greg

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Costco in Burbank had all six currently released Seinfeld seasons (both gift sets and the one season not in a gift set) packaged together in a custom box for $149.99 with a $40 instant cash register rebate, for a final cost of $109.99. (The instant rebate expires early January, sorry I missed writing down the exact date.)

Puffy shirt, napkin dispenser and condiment bottles all included. ;)

Just opened my Cinderella... no coupons for me either. Went through the booklet a few times to be sure. :frowning:

Also bought at Best Buy...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I wasn't planning on buying TS2 anyway (I'm happy with the UTB), but I double-checked the Cinderella I got from DDD, and it didn't even have the DVD Insider booklet. It just had the DVD Navigation booklet thing (thus, no coupons).

My copy also didn't have a slipcover when I got it. I remember some of them had slipcovers, some didn't. Maybe slipcover=coupons, no slipcover=no coupons? Did any of you that had the coupons have a slipcover?

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
My Disney DVD Insider that came with Cinderella does not appear to have any coupons... am I missing something? What page?

Mine says "Fall Issue" on page 3, fwiw. In the lower left corner of the book it is marked "K7889"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Okay...here's what I got.

My Cinderella SE came with a slipcase (with a hinged door). Inside is the "DVD Guide" (Chapter List/Navigation Aid/etc.)...an offer to register in the "Cinderella SE DVD Sweepstakes!" (with a chance to win one of 10 Cinderella themed vacations for four to Walt Disney World)...AND a Fall Issue of the Disney DVD Insider with a sneak peek of The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe on the cover. My copy says K7900 on the lower-left front cover.

Besides the two $3 off coupons I've been raving about (sorry to those who didn't get them) there are the following coupons:

--35-cents off any one mega-roll of Scott paper towels
--FREE Disney Princess storybook with the purchase of any two Cinderella books shown
--$3 off purchase of Tarzan SE
--$3 off any one of 7 Disney princess/sing-along titles shown
--$4 off tickets to Disney on Ice
--35-cents off any box of Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages
--$10 rebate offer on select Disney princess Electronics.
--$3 off a Disney Twinkle Lights Cinderella Doll

There are also tons of ads for other Cinderella and Disney princess items.

I do NOT remember where I purchased the DVD. Sorry.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Scott, my copy from Best Buy has a slipcover but no coupons. In fact, it came with no Disney DVD Insider at all, just the DVD Guide and a Cinderella Sweepstakes entry form. This doesn't surprise me since Disney has had problems with missing/different inserts in several of their recent TV titles, too. Desperate Housewives and Lost immediately come to mind, but others have been mentioned here and on other forums.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
My Disney Insider has the sneak peak of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, but no coupons... K7899. I got mine at Walmart on BF...

Oh well. At least I don't need to keep looking through the book trying to find them...

Thanks,

PS I did not have a slipcover.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
Btw, I checked out some Cinderella packages today. Some have a sticker advertising "savings inside". I don't think mine had that sticker. (this is for the TS2 coupon).

Fwiw...

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Rob, I picked up Gremlins SE at that price at CC. Wal-Marts are offering the regular edition at a slightly higher price (and don't seem to stick the SE), so definitely go to CC or someone that will pricematch them.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
My woe has been finding Looney Tunes Golden Collection V. 1 at Best Buy. They have been out and refuse to issue a raincheck until the last day of the sale. They claim they may be getting more in before then and asked me to come back. Twice. Sigh.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up Toy Story 2 today at Target for $13.99 using the $3 off coupon in my copy of Toy Story SE. Strangely, TS2 came with a coupon for $3 off TS1 that expires tomorrow. Not that I need it.

Also picked up Casablanca SE and Singing in the Rain SE at Target for $10 each while I was there. I was planning on cutting back on my DVD purchases in favor of joining NetFlix for most of my DVD viewing. So much for that idea.

Thanks Mike and Patrick!

Got TS2 in the DVD player right now.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
Been to 3 Best Buys stores in NYC. Can't find the Looney Toons Vol 2 (priced at $29.99) at any of them

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you couldnt find the actual product or one with that price on it?

doesnt matter now i guess.
sale is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks