What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy New Years, RoundUppers!
woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

And here--now--is the Target Sunday flyer info for next week (new releases as of 1-1-19).

The grids have been updated with these prices...along with the addition of a title that wasn't included when first posted.

A-X-L:
DVD $17.99
Blu-ray $19.99

Bad Times at the El Royale:
DVD $14.99
Blu-ray $19.99
4k/UHD $24.99 [Typo fixed!]

Night School:
DVD $17.99
Blu-ray $19.99
4k/UHD Not Listed

Catalog Titles (available for this price on Sunday, December 30th):

$19.99: The Predator

$22.99: Venom

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thought I was getting a great deal on Solo yesterday; they had a bunch of copies of the UHD in a slot marked $14.99. Didn't check my receipt until I got home and had opened the shrink wrap. Turns out I paid $29.96. They'd put a bunch of the UHD copies in the DVD Only slot. The lesson here is to always read the labels carefully.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They'd put a bunch of the UHD copies in the DVD Only slot.

Ugh. If I were you I would go back and challenge that. It seems like since it was the result of their error, the least they could do is give you the difference.

I didn't love Solo but I would probably buy it for $14.99 too, for the sake of completion...but $29.96 would bother me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ugh. If I were you I would go back and challenge that. It seems like since it was the result of their error, the least they could do is give you the difference.

I didn't love Solo but I would probably buy it for $14.99 too, for the sake of completion...but $29.96 would bother me.
It was on me. By the time I got to the self-checkout, I was having stomach issues, and I really don't like to use Walmart bathrooms if I can help it, so I didn't double-check the price like I normally would have. At that point, I was just focused on getting home ASAP.

I look at it as a $15 lesson to take my time and pay attention to the details.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It was on me. By the time I got to the self-checkout, I was having stomach issues, and I really don't like to use Walmart bathrooms if I can help it, so I didn't double-check the price like I normally would have. At that point, I was just focused on getting home ASAP.

Our most valuable lessons in life are the ones we learned from our mistakes.:)

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Whenever I see a deal too good to be true at Target I take the item to the scanner (or if it's too big have a "team member" do a price check only) to check it out ...
lessons-learned.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And now here's the media info from this week's Best Buy ad (for what it's worth).

No new releases to be added to the grid.

The only thing of note is an EXCLUSIVE Steelbook of Hellboy II for $17.99.

Other than that, just another listing of catalog titles with no specified price ("Starting at $17.99"). Titles shown include:

Blu-ray: Incredibles 2, Venom, Solo: A SW Story, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Equalizer 2, Smallfoot, The Predator, The Nun

4k/UHD: The Lion King, Incredibles 2, Coco, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi, Black Panther, Solo: A SW Story, The Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
(for what it's worth).

You mean, nothing? :rolling-smiley:

Thanks for making the effort of posting this, but as we've discussed before, the completely vague and utter uselessness of this ad is actually a significant turnoff for me in terms of visiting their store.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
you don't want a steelbook of Hellboy II

Being serious for a second, I would actually consider that if I didn't already have the identical disc in its original standard keepcase pressing. Hellboy II is a sensational movie that deserves a spot in any interested party's collection. But as-is, I'm good. ;)

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Happy New Year everyone!

Target currently has a Cartwheel coupon live for 15% off all movies now through January 6. The coupon says "Blu-ray, DVD and 4K."

I could have sworn I saw that mentioned here already and was coming to thank whoever posted it, but now I don't see it. So either I'm overlooking it or I'm nuts. I'm guessing I picked it up elsewhere maybe.

The coupon printout shows Incredibles 2, but it just says "Movies," so that means all movies that they have, new release or otherwise.

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order of Bad Times at the El Royale and will pick it up at Target tomorrow to use the discount.

RedCard users can of course get their additional 5%, meaning you can get 20% off any of Target's listed prices in the grid if you combine those discounts.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Happy New Year everyone!

Target currently has a Cartwheel coupon live for 15% off all movies now through January 6. The coupon says "Blu-ray, DVD and 4K."

I could have sworn I saw that mentioned here already and was coming to thank whoever posted it, but now I don't see it. So either I'm overlooking it or I'm nuts. I'm guessing I picked it up elsewhere maybe.

The coupon printout shows Incredibles 2, but it just says "Movies," so that means all movies that they have, new release or otherwise.

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order of Bad Times at the El Royale and will pick it up at Target tomorrow to use the discount.

RedCard users can of course get their additional 5%, meaning you can get 20% off any of Target's listed prices in the grid if you combine those discounts.

I was gonna come in and mention this, Jake. Thank you for beating me to it. :)

I will be going in on Friday to possibly get Solo, Lion King and Incredibles 2. Solo and Incredibles 2 show on sale, though I'm second guessing if that price is the 15% price off or not. I'll figure it out on Friday night.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Happy New Year everyone!

It’s only 264 movies across the 3 formats that have 15% off. Not a great selection for me as I have all of those titles already on 4K or BD disc. Also, some of those discounted titles are DVD.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It’s only 264 movies across the 3 formats that have 15% off. Not a great selection for me as I have all of those titles already on 4K or BD disc. Also, some of those discounted titles are DVD.

I’m not positive that’s right, Robert. From the main page of the app, the 15% offer takes you to a page with an eligible items section. Clicking on See All produces a list of 13k titles. The same list appears if you go through the tech menu.

If you click through via a title you search for, it is on select titles.

It’s probably best to scan the barcode in the store to figure out if the title is included or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks