What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-21-2010 (1 Viewer)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by David Norman

Easy A when it's on sale. Salt, too, probably. Just because it was filmed in downtown Albany.

Amazon has both for 29.98 today when bought together if that's enough of a deal. That may be enough for me to get those 2.

[/QUOTE]
I hadn't seen your post & was going to get both at Target or Best Buy. I saw that Amazon had lowered Easy A (last week it was $21.99) so I decided to save a bunch on gas & tax & I dropped both of them into my cart. I was shocked when I saw the promo applied. Great deal & I don't have to leave the house. I loved Salt. Easy A is a blind buy but everything I've read & heard is very good.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Amazon has both for 29.98 today when bought together if that's enough of a deal. That may be enough for me to get those 2.

Thanks for the heads up! If I hadn't spent so much the last couple months, I definitely would have grabbed that price. As it is, I've got too large of a backlog (with more coming Christmas day!) to get through before I think about buying any more.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I understand entirely, but went ahead and ordered anyway.

Both my DVD2BLU order from late October and Deep Discount Shrek box (less than 2 weeks was a surprise) came yesterday so not hurting for movies, but

just had to bit anyway.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was out doing some errands today...scoping out prices on Salt, Easy A and Despicable Me along the way.

I couldn't find anything reasonable so I jumped on that amazon deal for Salt & Easy A. Thanks for posting about it!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Best price I've found for Despicable Me was at BJ's (used their 60day Free Trial Membership) -- $23.99 for the 2D Bluray, but there is a $10 off coupon in one of their

flyers (also a different one for A-team and Knight & Day) so netted 13.99 (+tax). There's is also $5 coupon off for Any DVD/BD combo -- some people say they've been able to stack those 2 though you're

only supposed to be able to use one. (expires 12/24)

http://www.bjs.com/about/news/content/item1,127.shtml

A-Team will be $12 at one of the stores sometime after Christmas (?Target) and some hope that Amazon will match though I really have no interest.

BJ's price is 17.99 so with the $10 coupon if you can find it -- 7.99

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dammit, David. I got my Despicable Me today at BJs...but I didn't know about a coupon and paid their full price for it because I wanted to have it tonight! One of the few times I make that concession.

Hmmmm. It's still unopened. I wonder if I should go looking for a coupon at their front door tomorrow? Is that where the coupon is? In store?

Or, did you get the coupon in the mail in one of their booklets?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked it up at the store Customer Service Counter. I'm sure they'll add the coupon if you take it in -- BJ's Holiday Entertainment Guide with a picture of Mario on the front.

The first store I went to didn't have any, the second had several of the coupon books. I truly went to get The Universe series which has Seasons

1 through 4 for 14.99 each and the Desp Me was an extra.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I told the customer service rep that I usually get the coupon booklets at my house but didn't get this one and she said that has been a common complaint about this particular booklet and that she didn't get one at her home either. She said the store also did not get that many copies and that they were all gone quickly.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I told the customer service rep that I usually get the coupon booklets at my house but didn't get this one and she said that has been a common complaint about this particular booklet and that she didn't get one at her home either. She said the store also did not get that many copies and that they were all gone quickly.

Will they take photo-copies or are they sticklers for only the actual copies. I could email you a scan and I guess if you print it on a good paper stick, maybe?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I got over to BB today at lunch to grab Hung S1, True Blood S2 and Rome on BD. They were completely out of The Pacific. I'll just order that from Amazon.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
My Best Buy was out of The Pacific by MONDAY morning when i went in at lunch.

So, i ordered it from Amazon.

God bless Amazon, you know what they did?

I ordered The Pacific Tuesday morning, free shipping, they sent it out Wednesday, via UPS, and i got it today! How cool was that? Merry Christmas to me!

I picked up Salt at Best Buy this evening, regular Blu-ray case is fine for me. But i didnt notice any steel books. I had a $10 Reward Zone coupon i had to use by Christmas! I did a (now rare) blind buy on this thing, so i could use my coupon. Ten bucks, not to bad. But at this point my wallet is bleeding!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mike, et al,

FWIW, B&N's site has now marked the Despicable Me BD down to $19.99. You can apply a 15% coupon to knock that down to $17. And if you have a Discover Card and shop at B&N thru their cashback portal, you can essentially knock that down to $15.30+tax (after accounting for the 10% cashback, which seems to work very reliably in my experience). Of course, you'll need membership to get free shipping (unless you qualify w/ a $25-plus order) -- and if you don't already, you can still do their 2-month free trial.

I would do that deal myself, but apparently, my 3D BD combo pack order at the NBC store already shipped (earlier than expected) -- and should arrive today.

The B&N site may also have some other titles of interest to y'all -- and there are at least 3 different 15% coupons available right now (along w/ the usual member's only group coupon code for $5 off different types of purchases that can be applied on the same order)...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FYI, my BDs of both Easy A and Salt came w/ $5 coupons each useable on a choice of several recent/upcoming Sony titles:

* Salt (on the coupon from Easy A)

* Easy A (on the coupon from Salt)

* The Other Guys

* Grown Ups

* Eat Pray Love

* Resident Evil: AfterLife

* The Karate Kid (2010)

* Justified (Season 1)

* Virginity Hit

Since BB is expected to have The Other Guys marked down to $12.99 next week, I may go for that w/ the coupon.

_Man_

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

FYI, my BDs of both Easy A and Salt came w/ $5 coupons each useable on a choice of several recent/upcoming Sony titles:

* Salt (on the coupon from Easy A)

* Easy A (on the coupon from Salt)

* The Other Guys

* Grown Ups

* Eat Pray Love

* Resident Evil: AfterLife

* The Karate Kid (2010)

* Justified (Season 1)

* Virginity Hit

Since BB is expected to have The Other Guys marked down to $12.99 next week, I may go for that w/ the coupon.

_Man_
I saw that when I got mine from Amazon. One "could" open Salt & Easy A & (since you're buying them) use the coupons on them. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You are buying both & the store is getting the coupon back & you are using the coupon for the intended titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks