What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Banshees of Inisherin – 2022
full

– The Taking of Pelham One, Two, Three – 1974
full

– The Bridge at Remagen – 1969
full

– Moll Flanders – 1996
full

– The Hawaiians – 1970

full

– The Hospital – 1971

The...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a typical low-key release-week-before-the-holidays.

I am intrigued by The Banshees of Inisherin and might just take a flyer on it. I’d be glad to hear comments from anyone who’s seen it. It is described as a dark dramedy in set in Ireland. Peg and I both recently enjoyed streaming the short series Bad Sisters. And, I really liked In Bruges. But I hear it is also described as violent. Peg doesn’t usually “do” violence in her films/TV.

Merry Christmas RoundUppers! :D

Merry Christmas GIF by Frank Sinatra

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Banshees of Inisherin sure came out fast. Target actually sold me HotD season 1 UHD this past Wednesday.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I’d be glad to hear comments from anyone who’s seen it.
I loved it, and I'll buy it. But, that being said, you might want to rent it first. I would not necessarily recommend it as a blind buy because there is some potentially disturbing content in it including
self-mutilation and harm that comes to an animal character.

I don't think it will be to everyone's taste. There was some discussion about this in the Movies forum back when the film came out. You might check that thread out before making a purchase decision. It is also already available on HBO Max if you have access to that.

Thank you for your work as always, Mike! :)

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This is a typical low-key release-week-before-the-holidays.

I am intrigued by The Banshees of Inisherin and might just take a flyer on it. I’d be glad to hear comments from anyone who’s seen it. It is described as a dark dramedy in set in Ireland. Peg and I both recently enjoyed streaming the short series Bad Sisters. And, I really liked In Bruges. But I hear it is also described as violent. Peg doesn’t usually “do” violence in her films/TV.

Merry Christmas RoundUppers! :D

Merry Christmas GIF by Frank Sinatra

I would call it a lot less violent than In Bruges, Mike. In fact I did not find it violent at all really. If you have seen the trailer you have seen what the proposed violence is. None of the characters are "violent" people. They are actually all kind and gentle people that are all neighbors on an island off the coast of Ireland. The set-up here is that two friends have a falling out of sorts and one just wants to avoid the other. It's really just an amusing story but done in that black Irish sense of humor. A lot more mild than In Bruges, if that helps.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Reggie! I totally "get" what you're laying down there. (A rare RoundUp appearance for you! ;) ) Much appreciated.

Peg and I streamed Bad Sisters (an Irish-based "dramedy") and enjoyed that very much. In fact, I highly recommend it. I'm kinda hoping this will go the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks