What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-20-2005 (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Since my brother will end up getting Serenity this week (or I get it for him for Christmas if he doesn't want his cd), I afraid this is a no dvd week for me...good thing too, as have some stuff to catch up on. :D Thanks for the roundup Mike.

P.S. Mike, let David out of your basement sometime soon so he can post a Christmas greeting or something. :D

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
I preordered "Serenity" on an Amazon Gold Box offer weeks ago, at almost a buck off their price above. I'll be sticking with that, though it pains me that it'll be awhile before I receive it. I saw it four times theatrically and I have the poster and the Visual Companion book... :D

Also worth noting: the local Wal-Marts have recently had a display of older Warner titles that normally retail between $7 and $12 at $5.50 each. I picked up "Caddyshack," "Interview With the Vampire," "The Player," "Blade" and "Lewis Black: Black on Broadway" at that price. I know "The Wedding Singer" and "National Lampoon's Vacation" were also available, plus there were the earlier versions of stuff like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," "The Exorcist" and a few Kubrick films that have since been rereleased in special editions. This is definitely not a complete list, so check out your local Wal-Mart!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

Kenneth: Late every December, I let Dave Lambert out of my basement for a few short hours so he can hear the scratching and pawing of reindeer hooves on my roof.

Boy, THAT joke goes back a loooooong time! I'm surprised you still remember!

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, it may be because they come from different studios. Fox owns "Firefly" and releases the DVD, Universal owns the movie rights for "Serenity" and publishes that title.

Incidentally, thanks for the heads up on the BB Ghostbusters deal -- I have been eyeing that 2-pack for awhile and will scoop it up this week, along with (finally) Monty Python and the Holy Grail and maybe Superman, Not Another Teen Movie and Mask of Zorro (those last two would be blind buys for me, anyone have strong feelings about them to help me make the decision?).

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Julio, I'd definitely go for Mask of Zorro DE. It's a great movie & I believe all of the copies come with a moviecash certificate for the sequel which can also be used for the January 31, 2006 dvd of the sequel ($7.50 off coupon & all the major stores take it. List is on the back). It's also good for $7.50 off a few other dvds. Since it's out of most theaters it's nice that you can still use the certificate.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Robert:
I will try to check these out at work and post any info that I can...just hope there's time before Tuesday (if tonight was any indication...)
Also: There will be a disclaimer in-store on these titles; although it does not state it in the ad, these are going to be available on Tuesday (which most of us would assume, I think), not tomorrow (Sunday).

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

That's what I was hoping for. I've held off buying Firefly knowing that the movie was just around the corner. Even despite multiple studios, the stores should have no problem bundling them, or having a sale to move the product out the door. This would have been the week to do that.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual.

I'm still trying to get everything I want from 2 weeks ago, so thank God there's absolutely nothing I want this week.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Only Serenity for me this week. I'm half-way through the Firefly box set now, can't wait to see the movie.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
The Great Raid DC for me, wish they didn't bundle the book with it, thus lowering the price a bit.

Might have to get Friends season 10 at CC for the wife, anyone know if/when the expiration is to order the box to house all 10 seasons?

FYI: Bestbuy has a good deal on an Optoma DLP Projector, $499 after $100 mail-in rebate. Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1122655474066

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Serenity
ER S3 for the special $19.99 CC price :emoji_thumbsup:
ER S4 from Target to get the additional Disc

I think that's all.

Thanks for the roundup fellas and happy holidays to you all!!

Greg

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Also a quick FYI K-Mart's ad this week shows the following 2 packs for $9.99

Constantine/Alexander DC
A Cinderella Story/Racing Stripes
Aviator/Million Dollar Baby
Miss Congeniality 2/Catwoman
Ocean's 12/Starsky & Hutch

Wal-Mart has these instore as well (saw them yesterday)

Greg

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
The Friday insert for Fry's in the DFW area has Serenity for $14.99 and Battlestar Galactica Season 2 for $29.99.

I'll be getting both for the wife for Christmas, as well as The Exorcism of Emily Rose for me.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Regarding THREE GODFATHERS and MOGAMBO. There has been a Ford boxset rumored for 2006 for sometime now (2006 would mark the 50th anniversary of THE SEARCHERS and there have also been rumors of a two disc special edition) so my guess-and it's only a guess- is that 3 GODFATHERS and MOGAMBO will be part of the set when it eventually surfaces,hence the Target exclusive and not a wide release. These two titles have been available in other regions so it was just a matter fo taking the existing editions to Target and giving them the exclusive. I'll definitely pick up 3 GODFATHERS to watch before Christmas, but I'm going to hold off on MOGAMBO because I will definitely get the Ford Box when it comes out and I think it will be a part of it.

Ah Warner! Peckinpah and Ford sets in 2006. Can a Hawks set (featuring SERGEANT YORK) be far behind? How about an Arthur Penn set (BONNIE AND CLYDE two-disc, LEFT-HANDED GUN, PENN & TELLER GET KILLED), too?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Same price for the Fry's in the Bay Area.

I'll be price matching at BB using Reward Certs so they will be free for me.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Asking for Christmas:
-Four Brothers
-Must Love Dogs
-Rebound
-Serenity

If anyone has Compusa prices this week can you post them.I can't seem to find it on their website like usual.

Thanks for the prices Mike and Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks