What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/17 (ah, the sweet joy of 1.21 gigawatts!) (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody ever find out the prices of BTTF Trilogy & Minority Report at Fry's Electronics? Please post if you know. I wasn't able to find out the prices over the weekend.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My local Wal-Mart has BTTF for the very strange price of $36.08, in either WS or FS. Still not quite as good as Costco or Sam's Club, but close enough for non-members to enjoy.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Does anyone know if the Best Buy “10% OFF” Coupon that came in the FOX Demo DVD case will work with Back to the Future set ???

I’m gonna try tonight.
If it works it will only cost 34.19 there.

If not, I’ll use it on Minority Report.

Shawn S

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If it's "on sale" Best Buy might not let you use it on the new releases. I got refused on Austin Powers 3 a couple of weeks ago when I tried the 10% off coupon. They claimed it was 10% off the normal prices, not sale prices.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Ugh. Went to Wally World, no BTTF DVDs (plenty of VHS though) While waiting to get my oil changed, I inquired several managers, which sent them on a mad chase. One hour later (when my car was done) the bottom line was "We have 115 of them, our stockroom is packed (too lazy or inept I guess), but we have no idea where the DVDs are" So I drove 25 miles down the road to a Best Buy, used the $2 off Netflix coupon, got it for $35.99 with the cheap watch, and got home 45 minutes later than I planned. All in all not too bad.

Chris

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Wally World, got BTTF for 37.06 and Minorty Report for 15.78 minus my $15 gift card so I made out good, no more dvd's till after Christmas for me:)
Chris

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This morning, I bought the widescreen release of Unfaithful for $15.99 at Target.

Crawdaddy

Timothy Fisher

Auditioning
I was able to use the Best Buy 10% off coupon on Back to the Future. Technically, I think they should not have allowed me to, but the cashier seemed new and was trying to get me out of the store as quickly as possible.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just called my Circuit City and they have plenty of Minority Report WS, so I'll get it within the hour.

I have decided to hold off on buying BTTF, due to the controversy regarding the framing and also mention of an audio problem.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My local Wal-Mart had Minority Report for $14.88 (with a sign that basically said "Take that, all your other stores with your 'low prices!'" They also did have BTTF for $37.09.

I still wound up buying MR at Best Buy for $15.99 to get the bonus CD-ROM that comes with it only at BB. Target is also selling MR for $15.99.

Costco was selling BTTF for $35.99. They were high on both Unfaithful and MR (around $17-$18 or so).

It was disheartening to see the Fullscreen stickers on "Unfaithful" where is promoted the "No Black Bars" as a selling point for the fullscreen edition. I'll probably pick up this DVD (in widescreen) later when Fox marks it down since they seem to mark down a lot of their titles.

Best Buy was still offering the "Buy these 8 DVDs and get a free DVD player" at my local Best Buy. The DVD player was a Cyberhome xx-402 model.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
BestBuy.com e-mailed this to me today:

All 20th Century Fox collector sets on sale!

For one week only, take 10% off our everyday low prices on an awesome assortment of collector-set DVDs from Fox. Don't delay — these hot prices will last only through December 21! (Offer varies in stores.)

Keir H

Second Unit
Dave thanks so much bud! That's alot of work! Well done. I'll be going to CC to get Minority Report! :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Nice job this week, Dave (as usual). Like many of you, I did the BTTF / MR double feature. MAN, was Best Buy packed!

Best wishes to your son, Mr. Lambert.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I picked up BTTF trilogy at my local Wal Mart (Puyallup, WA) for $30.77 and "Minority Report" for $14.77

Headed over to South Hill Mall TARGET and picked up:

"Unfaithful" for $15.99 and "Don't Say A Word" for $9.44* (*w/ the $5.00 Instant Coupon from the purchase of "Unfaithful")

Thanks David!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Thank goodness Unfaithful has a seperate pan and scan release, my 3rd grade son and 2nd grade daughter ALWAYS give me grief about "them black bars, daddy!".

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I was at bestbuy looking at minority report for $15.99 when I overheard a couple saying it was $14.63 at WalMart next door. Turns out it was $14.22. Just saved myself almost 2 bucks. They had 4 times as many fullscreen than widescreen copies. Does anyone know if you can pricematch at blockbuster and still get the free rental?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks