What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-17-2013 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I always find it neat when the casting people match up actors in parent/child roles who are similar in appearance.
The Mortal Instruments was a terrible movie, but whoever cast Lena Headey and Lily Collins as mother and daughter was a genius. There are other scenes where they look even more related than they do in this shot from the movie:
tmi1.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The good news: Target had plenty of copies of everything this evening and I was in and out in 5 minutes.The bad news: The store was empty because the roads were absolutely horrendous. There was about four inches of snow on the highway, and it took an hour and 15 minutes to go the eight miles from my work to the nearest Target. The things I do to feed my addiction...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
Looks like a typical Tuesday in January in Chicagoland.
Yeah, we don't get the lake effect snow, thank goodness. But this winter snuck up on us; it was a very easy one until Saturday and then we've just been getting pummeled ever since.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh man, what a mess. You guys did get it up there. But it's ridiculous here, too (Danbury, CT). And today's assault amounted to twice the quantity of, and lasted twice as long as, what was forecast.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So I shouldn't show you guys what it looks like here in the Pacific Northwest? (Hint: it's not white.)

But I'll be feeling the pain on Thursday when I hit Detroit. :(

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
First we got all the snow. Then we got exceptional cold and icy roads:

centerpiecewide.jpg

Just a typical winter's day in the great northeast...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
David Weicker said:
Looks like a typical Tuesday in January in Chicagoland.
I had to actually dig out spots down by the road to park two cars. The only thing making it through the entire driveway right now is the F250 4x4. There is no point plowing it out as the wind covers it back up in 4 hours.

The driveway rises 4 degrees(which isn't bad in itself) and it goes by a 7 foot rise on the right with a 4 foot slope leading right into a corn field. All that cornfield snow ends up as a 4-6 foot snow drift for about 100ft of the driveway. Been tempted to reroute the driveway.

Two winters ago, when we really got hit, that 100ft area of driveway had 8-10 feet of snow. I drove across the yard for 10 days.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It's been hovering in the 70's around here.Also I was able to snag Lone Ranger from BB with a price match to Toys R Us for $20 then added the $8 coupon to bring it to $12 plus tax, and this was the $27 BB exclusive version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
Also I was able to snag Lone Ranger from BB with a price match to Toys R Us for $20 then added the $8 coupon to bring it to $12 plus tax, and this was the $27 BB exclusive version.
The only problem with all that is that you now own The Lone Ranger...

:laugh:

j/k I'm sure it's a really, really good movie. :thumbs-up-smiley:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
True, but I am a sucker for movies like this, I like the Lone Ranger and it was only $13..

i did did buy the Percy Jackson 3D movie so that should make up for an shortcomings of the lone guy.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It got below 70 this morning. Brrrr!

What's in the BB exclusive version of Lone Ranger? Just the soundtrack download? I love overblown stuff like the Pirates and Transformers movies and John Carter, so I'm thinkin' I might enjoy this one.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I was reading the other day about "free the nipple"(this will get relevant) and lgbt issues in movies being beyond pg13...Any who...Disney(if you count all the "hinted at"...like Milan in Once Upon a Time) is providing strides.They missed the boat, big time, with John Carter.John Carter should have been truer to the intent of the book...and shown Disney isn't scared of itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks