What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/16 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mr Fairlane it is! Well I'm still jockeying about whether to buy Seabiscuit sight-unseen... ;)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Is LXG any good? I'm thinking about picking that up, too
It is worth a rental. Personally, I enjoyed it, tho the comic book is much better.

Too bad hearing about CC pulling the comic book from the deal. It is quality stuff.

Jason

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
There's a place just down the street -- a local business that orders basically just popular DVDs to have on the release day (very small DVD selection). They really are not bashful about putting everything out a day or two in advance. One of these days an employee from the competing store (located just across the street) is going to walk into this competitor's store and turn them in.

Saw signs earlier today for South Park season 3, LXG and Dawson's Creek season 2, all by empty slots. I asked the clerk if there were any left of these titles and he said they'd already sold out.

Robert Wainwright

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Rob, BB has given me some issues with price matching discs with exclusives. They did three times in the past month.

Thanks Dave and Patrick! Easy week - EfNY only.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Wal-Mart also is going to have the Seabiscuit DVD w/ a book attached. Not sure on how many there are though.

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
That's funny, I thought the line above should have read:

* BE CAREFUL! The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is available on DVD! Make sure you pick up something else instead!"

:laugh:

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
For anyone planning to get LXG at Circuit City, be advised that word has filtered down that CC has pulled the advertised offer of the free LXG comic book due to 'content issues' (um, duh... did they not know that this book puts the 'graphic' in graphic novel?)
That's just silly.
I was going to get this at Circuit City. I guess it's Best Buy for me.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I got SP season 3 at BB with target pm for $32 and SP season 1 for $19 with $10 off for buying 2 seasons together. Good deal for those who need more then one season. (I alredy have season 1 with the bonus DVD)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Picked up Seabiscuit with the paperback book at Walmart, Maple Grove, MN for $15.87

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Really odd - though the BB website has Seabiscuit 2 disc edition for $39.99, every single copy of that in my local store was stickered (not advertised on a sign, but actually stickered with the price) at $35.99.

Didn't buy it so I don't know what it would ring up as, though.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i tried to price match the 1 disc version of Seabiscuit at BB with the $15.99 price at CC. the airhead behind the counter called CC and asked for the price on "the one with the book" and they told her $29.99 (the 2 disc version has a book). i told her to ask for the single disc version and she called back and asked for "the one with the book" again and then told me that it was still $29.99.:angry:

i did get her to price match Freaky Friday and still got the $5 gift card for buying it with Santa Clause 2, tho.:)

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to pick up South Park seasons 1-3 for $80 with a price match from Target and that deal from BestBuy.

Rodon

Second Unit
I think I need to coin a new phrase in honor of Dave.

Today I experienced a Lambert moment.

I went to Best Buy out of sheer repetition on Tuesday. I picked up an order from the CS desk and then went and picked up King of the Hill Season 2, South Park Season 3, and LOXG. I took it all to the register. There South Park Season 3 rang up $39.99. The clerk then said, "South Park rang up $1 cheaper than marked, That is a good deal!". I then had the Lambert moment. I knew that the price of teh South Park set was $32.99 somewhere else.

I was in a hurry so reached into my wallet and pulled out the money including the extra $7. I got in the car and felt entirely ripped off yet. Still, I am not sure going to Target at that time of day was worth the $7.

Anyway - I now coin "Lambert Moment" as the feeling of the informed shopper that knows better than to pay more.

Thanks Dave. Maybe I will take in my receipt and get my difference tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks