What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-13-2011 (1 Viewer)

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
Chas in CT where did you order fright night 1985 bluray from? I hear its only avail online by sony for $30 plus shipping. is there any other placing selling it for less?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ordered directly from SAE (Screen Archives Entertainment), the distributor of Twilight Time DVDs and Blu-rays. Go here and scroll down to New DVD Releases:

http://www.screenarchives.com/index.cfm

Mike, do we have a "portal" for them? Sorry I hadn't thought to look for one before.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Chas, too rich for my budget until at least after Christmas. The cover art looks really cool with the bluray box. I booked marked it, lets see if they still have some left in 1 month. This week I preordered Rocketeer, also one of my favorites. For a while it was one of the best/ most faithful comic book movies until the Xmen, Spider-man, and Nolan Batman movies.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There's a standard $5 coupon for Kung Fu Panda 2 out there as well. The Best Buy coupon says "not valid with other coupons or offers," but if anyone has any luck stacking 'em, let us know. $18 for the 4-disc set (and a toy if yer lucky) might be worth a splurge.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Not too shocking for me, Jason. I've never seen it either.

It IS hard to admit that aroun the hallf of the HTF, though. There are some people here who are REALLY passionate about that film...

I really don't know that much about it.

Yay! I'm in good company, Mike!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FYI, I was able to stack the two $5 coupons at Best Buy and get the 3-disc Kung Fu Panda 2 3D BD set with Po toy (it's an official Beanie Baby) for $17.99. Strangely, both coupons rang up with "$5 off" as the line item text but $0 off the price. The clerk entered them manually. If you want the toy, better get there today!

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Ditto for me. I couldn't believe that they accepted both coupons, since the 3D coupon lists only the 3D edition, and the other Coupon does NOT list the 3D edition. Since the 3D edition is a best buy exclusive, I figured Best Buy was trying to equalize things a little for those that opted for the 3D edition. I was presently surprised, and so was Po... :D

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron Silverman said:
FYI, I was able to stack the two $5 coupons at Best Buy and get the 3-disc Kung Fu Panda 2 3D BD set with Po toy (it's an official Beanie Baby) for $17.99. Strangely, both coupons rang up with "$5 off" as the line item text but $0 off the price. The clerk entered them manually. If you want the toy, better get there today!
So using 2 copies of the same coupon for the 3D KF Panda 2 BD, BB will ring up a $10 discount? Wow, I have to try that. Thanks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ashly Yeo said:
So using 2 copies of the same coupon for the 3D KF Panda 2 BD, BB will ring up a $10 discount? Wow, I have to try that. Thanks.
No, they are two different coupons. One is a regular coupons.com manufacturer's coupon for $5 off any edition of the DVD or BD, and the other is a Best Buy store coupon for $5 off the 3D BD set only. Interestingly, this week's sale prices at BB are $23 for the regular BD and $28 for the 3D set, so if you bother to print the store coupon, they're the same price!

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Frezon said:
Hey, Dave!  Just an FYI...I was going to check out the link in your sig...but I got a 404 error message.  I wanted to see how your system stacked up against DVD Profiler...
Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed the link. I use Delicious Library, though I haven't updated my collection with new purchases for a couple months (I did do a fresh HTML export and upload it).

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Aaron Silverman said:
No, they are two different coupons. One is a regular coupons.com manufacturer's coupon for $5 off any edition of the DVD or BD, and the other is a Best Buy store coupon for $5 off the 3D BD set only. Interestingly, this week's sale prices at BB are $23 for the regular BD and $28 for the 3D set, so if you bother to print the store coupon, they're the same price!
No go at my best buy. They said I could use either coupon but not both.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
David_Jr said:
No go at my best buy. They said I could use either coupon but not both.
No go for me too at 2 different BB locations. Did not budge a bit for a Silver Rewards Member :(

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, if you haven't bought Kung Fu Panda 2 and/or Rise of the Planet of the Apes yet, there's talk elsewhere that BB will have both on sale at $14.99 next week. So I guess that would make KFP2 $9.99 after coupon. Not sure if that's the 3D combo pack version though.

I still have a $5 RZ GC to use, so will probably pick up both next week, if the sale happens...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks