What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-13-2005 (1 Viewer)

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
My local Costco had the King Kong Production Diaries for $25.59. Lowest price that I've seen so far.

After complaining incessantly about the Homer head, I picked up the Marge head version of season 7...for continuity's sake. :b

MattHR

Screenwriter
The King Kong Production Diaries is only $29.99 at Target, but was not listed in the Weekly Roundup. It's a few bucks cheaper than BB or CC.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Matt, ya beat me to it! I picked up the KKPD at Target for $29.99 (WAY cool packaging!), but I am not gonna even open it til after I see the movie tomorrow. I bought this solely based on the doc about the Spider Pit sequence on the King Kong Collectors Edition...PJ has a great love for this film and it really came through.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Unless I missed it, no mention has been made of the Best Buy $10 gift card promotion:

"Free $10 gift card instantly with any CD, DVD, Video Game, Video Game Accessory or PC Game purchase totaling $75 and up".

A little astute planning makes this a 13.3% discount which can be applied as many times as you can play it.

Of course this is not as good as a real 13.3% discount because you still end up paying sales tax on the entire sale.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I picked-up the following at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA):
40-Year-Old Virgin $13.87
Miami Vice: Season 2 $33.13

Did anyone pick-up The Island? I noticed it had a sticker on it that stated that there are $6 in DVD coupons enclosed. If anyone picked-it-up, could you let me know what titles that the coupons are good for? Thanks!

Dreamworks has done this with some of their recent titles:
Madagascar contained a $3 coupon for War of the Worlds and a $3 coupon for Shark Tale OR Shrek OR Shrek 2.
War of the Worlds contained a $3 coupon for Madagascar and a $3 coupon for The Island.

I'm thinking about a blind buy on The Island if it contains $3 coupons for future definite buys.

willyh

Agent
Fry's Electronics in Phoenix has the Marge Head Version of the Simpsons for $26.99. Not sure how long that sale will last.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Just Miami Vice for me this week. Its one of the few DVDs (tv or cinema) that I would pay just about any price for. BTW Jeff - I like your sig. Your MUrietta Wal Mart is a lot cheaper than my MArietta one.

BTW, my local Target finally received a few more copies of the Jurassic Park 3 pack with the Kong ticket. So I whipped out my rain check and picked it up. Incidentally, their regular price ($19.99) is still better than Best Buy by $5.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Good catch, LarryH! My Simpsons+Sin City+40YOV = $76 before tax, so I just made the cutoff for the $10 gift card! ~woo-hoo!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, my local Wal-Mart had the King Kong Production Diaries for $31.92 tonight. :thumbsdown:

I'll give BJs a try before heading to Target. Hopefully gonna see the film at the theater this weekend with my son (15) and my Dad (73).

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I visited Best Buy last night and you can indeed use Reward Certs to count toward the $75 for the $10 gift card. I feel like I robbed the place. I picked up:

Miami Vice Season 2 (price matched with Target) - $34.99
Gone With The Wind 4 Disc (for the wife) - $16.99
Superfriends Volume 2 (for my 4 year old) - $21.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 - $10.00

After $65 in Reward Certs, I paid out $22 and got a $10 gift card in return. And the best part was, $60 of the reward certs was from a purchase I bought and expensed for work! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, still didn't get to BJs...but picked up the KK Production Diaries at Borders!!! They had it marked at $29.99. For the sake of convenience, I picked it up there.

I had the 30% off coupon but used it on something else to get a greater discount. The "regular price" on the KKPD set was $39.99...so that would have only knocked it down to $27.99.

James D

Second Unit
As mentioned in the Costco thread, there is a $10 off at the register instant rebate for The Simpsons Season 7 at Costco. The final price is $20.49 plus tax.:) I have no idea how long this will last, so you should try to get down to Costco ASAP. They are only stocking the Marge head, if that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks