What's new

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I had no references for a release of Luke Cage this week, Shakeel. So I'm feeling confident that you were misdirected somehow. In fact, I can't find information on a release date ANYWHERE.
Marvel only announced the title last week, in a very late press release:
Marvel Press Release said:
LukeCage_S1_BLU.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MARVEL'S LUKE CAGE:
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Includes Exclusive Never-Before-Seen
Bonus Feature and Collectible
Packaging Designed by Joe Quesada

Gritty, groundbreaking and profoundly powerful, Marvel's Luke Cage: The Complete First Season blazes with action and suspense while redefining what it means - and what it costs - to be a true hero.

Framed for a crime he didn't commit, escaped convict Luke Cage is just trying to live under the radar. Mysteriously blessed - or cursed - with superhuman strength and unbreakable skin, he hides his abilities and shuns getting involved. But when ruthless crime boss Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes turns his beloved city of Harlem into a bloodbath of chaos and carnage, Luke is forced to come out of the shadows and embrace his ultimate destiny in this riveting fusion of dark drama, hip-hop and classic super hero thrills.

Cast: Mike Colter as Luke Cage, Simone MIssick as Misty Knight, Theo Rossi as Hernan 'Shades' Alvarez, Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard, Jaiden Kaine as Zip, Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple. Created By: Cheo Hodari Coker. Executive Producers: Marvel's Luke Cage is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker (SouthLAnd, Ray Donovan) along with Jeph Loeb (Marvel's Jessica Jones, Punisher) and Jim Chory (Marvel's Jessica Jones, Marvel's Punisher).

All-New Bonus Feature: Offstage at Harlem's Paradise - Join stars Mike Colter (Luke Cage), Alfre Woodard (Mariah), Theo Rossi (Shades) and Simone Missick (Misty) in an intimate round table discussion about life during production of Season 1 of Luke Cage.

Episodes:
  1. Moment of Truth
  2. Code of the Streets
  3. Who's Gonna Take the Weight?
  4. Step in the Arena
  5. Just to Get a Rep
  6. Suckas Need Bodyguards
  7. Manifest
  8. Blowin' Up the Spot
  9. DWYCK
  10. Take It Personal
  11. Now You're Mine
  12. Soliloquy of Chaos
  13. You Know My Steez
MARVEL'S LUKE CAGE: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Release Date: December 12, 2017
Release Format: 4-Disc Blu-ray
Run Time: Approximately 702 minutes (13 episodes, excludes bonus)
Rating: TV-MA, US & Canada: PG (violence, mature themes), CF: G
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:2
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: English SDH, German, Japanese
This release seems like a very last minute decision on Marvel's part, so I'm not at all surprised that retailers don't yet have any information about it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Even if it had been announced earlier, Luke Cage = Marvel = Disney = no Amazon due to their ongoing feud, which at this point is about a year old with no signs of slowing down. Ugh.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I didn't see it if it was posted, Mike, but Cartwheel has 20% discounts on the first four Harry Potter flicks on 4k (Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire). Regular price is apparently $24.99, which means pre tax price should be right at $20 a pop. There is also 5% off Despicable Me 3, all formats, and 10% of the Men in Black Trilogy 4k.

I'll probably bite on HP because I have the others. And that'll be it for HP until Fantastic Beasts 2 comes out.

Thank you, as always.

I stopped by Target today for DM3, but the Cartwheel discount appears to be gone.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If Best Buy decides to reveal what it's exclusives are for the latest Game of Thrones season, I might be persuaded to pick that up.
I ended up going with the Walmart retailer exclusive, because their bonus disc ("Building the Unimaginable: Inside the VFX Department") sounded the most interesting to me.

I really dug the White Walker sigil Best Buy cover, but I couldn't justify paying $5 more for a piece of cardboard.

Good chance this will be my last Blu purchase of 2017.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Apparently Target will be having a Saturday & Sunday promotion this weekend 12/16-12/17 "$10 off top 31 movies" I assume it will be a cartwheel deal ...unless I read the sign wrong <_<

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was going to download the Target/Cartwheel app to my phone, but I got a pop-up saying it would require access to nearly every function on my phone including microphone, contacts, location, etc. I didn't think the invasion of privacy warranted saving a couple dollars.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think, Malcolm, the only thing that my Cartwheel has access to is my camera so that I can scan SKUs into the app to find out if there's a discount available.

I have "Locations" set to "while using app" and Notifications set to "Off."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just opened the app itself to check out settings. I didn't find anything different than what I said above (which I found in my phone's settings app) but it DID tell me that Cartwheel is being folded into the regular Target app and is being phased out as a standalone app.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just opened the app itself to check out settings. I didn't find anything different than what I said above (which I found in my phone's settings app) but it DID tell me that Cartwheel is being folded into the regular Target app and is being phased out as a standalone app.
Perhaps that's the difference? I think I was looking at downloading the standard Target app (which I thought I needed to get Cartwheel).

Perhaps I'll look at it closer once the local-ish Target opens at UMall next year.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just opened my Target app (I think it's smart that they are consolidating the two apps) and found it has been updated (and obviously now includes the Cartwheel). And the settings permissions look identical to what I had on the Cartwheel. And, of course, you can set them to be whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks