What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/10 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone verified the actual cost of the "Low Price" items at Target yet? (Like Mike & Stuart 2)

I think LM will be $14.99, but if either it or Stuart are $19.99 it won't shock me. I've been waaaay too swamped at work to do the normal legwork, and I hope someone can fill me in before I make the stop on the way home (now a tad out-of-the-way since my workplace moved locations Thanksgiving weekend).

Thanks, guys!

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Just a note to let you folks know that Stuart Little 2 is $9.96 at Wal-Mart in Chula Vista, CA and contains both Wide-Full screen editions.... :)

Rodon

Second Unit
Anyone else get charged $16.99 at Best Buy B&M for K19? That is what I was charged today. Oh well a buck is no big deal but their site has it for $15.99.

Thanks again for the weekly update!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stopped at the mall on the way home, hoping to get "The Two Towers" soundtrack. Walked into FYE, found the CD and just about passed out when I saw the price....$21.99!!!!
And, yes, this is the standard edition in the plastic case. The special edition was $29.99.
I think I'll muster enough willpower to wait until the weekend when I can get to Best Buy and save $10. :rolleyes:
WTF is going on at FYE? And why are people still buying stuff there?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
FYE raised their prices a few months ago...to at or just above SRP. CD's and DVD's. Yep.

Okay, went by Target and saw that both Stuart 2 and Like Mike was on sale for $14.99...but they were out of Like Mike. So I ran up the street and paid $15.99 for LM.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious, has anyone found "The Emperor's New Clothes" anywhere? I first went to Target (great deal!), and they didn't have it. But, figuring this wouldn't be a highly-stocked item, I took the sales circular, and tried to price-match at other stores, but NO ONE had it.

I'm guessing it's delayed? If you found it, or can confirm its status, please reply. Thanks!

- Bob P.

P.S. What happens if, say, Target advertises it for $14.99 in a Sunday ad, and then the disc is delayed? Will they honor that price when it actually does come in?

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Anyone else get charged $16.99 at Best Buy B&M for K19? That is what I was charged today. Oh well a buck is no big deal but their site has it for $15.99.
I think 16.99 is the correct Best Buy B&M price; it's 15.99 online because of the BB.com 20% off sale on Paramount titles. Or something like that.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
No price drops listed yet because VideoTropics has stopped listing them.
Good news! VideoTropic.com (that's singular, by the way) has starting listing Price Cuts again. They just loaded a whole bunch of new ones on the site over the past day, with more to come.
http://www.videotropic.com/pricereductions.asp
However, I did notice that they seem to list a few titles as price cuts that I don't think have even been released yet. Some of the 3/11 stuff like "My Friend Flicka"? A pre-release price cut?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
However, I did notice that they seem to list a few titles as price cuts that I don't think have even been released yet. Some of the 3/11 stuff like "My Friend Flicka"? A pre-release price cut?
That's not unprecedented. Buena Vista orginially announced MSRPs of $79.99 for their Once and Again, Felicity, and Sports Night season sets. A couple weeks later and still a few weeks before the sets' release, they reduced the MSRP to $59.99. So it is possible that's what it is at Videotropic.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Best Buy ... WTF?
I thought the release prices went all week. Sales week through Saturday. Well I went to Best Buy yesterday to pickup K-19, at $15.99, I thought. But they had it at $19.99. :angry:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Most store's ads run from Sunday to Saturday (for their Sunday sales circular ads, also check the ad itself for the sale duration). But since release day is Tuesday, some people make the assumption the sale prices go from Sunday until the next Tuesday, and that's simply not the case. New release prices only have a 5-day window (Tuesday through Saturday) unless a store extends the sale price in their next Sunday ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks