1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 11-7-2017

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Nov 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 21 Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

Correct. It appears we are now down to Lucas and Marvel for the most part. I'm not sure if this will fall into the 'we'll release the 3D of the movies that make a lot of money' or they are just pulling 3D from everything now. In 2017 No Pirates 5, no Cars 3, no re-release of TLK and BatB while GotG2, Moana, Doctor Strange and Rogue One got limited 3D releases. The end of 2016 TFA and Finding Dory got high volume releases while BFG and especially Pete's Dragon got nothing in the US. At least BFG had a couple good region free options internationally while Pete's Dragon which had very nice 3D Theatrically got nothing anywhere.

That's OK Pirates 5 3D UK steelbook is in hand and Cars 3 3D UK is on order.

My Desp Me 3 3D Steelbook from Spain arrived this week. Valerian 4K/3D combo is on order for UK (likely B locked) . French Resident Evil TFC, Great Wall, and Underworld: BW 3D's are already on the shelf.

They release it and it will come to my doorstep. No harder than ordering from Amazon.com -- for Disney's it's actually easier.

2. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Screenwriter

Bryan
    My bluray of KathArine Hepburn (a girl at the time ;)) in The Philadelphia Story arrived today from B&N :dance::rock::drum::banana::popcorn::P

3. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Screenwriter

Wayne
    I watched Sorcerer's Stone last night and found it to be by far a better improvement over the blu ray than the four Yates films that came out earlier this year. There was little to no signs of digital processing, the grain was rendered nicely, and instances of light sources being seen in a shot gave good opportunities for HDR.

4. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Screenwriter

Bryan
    Target Had the 1st four Harry Potter films (?) on 4K UHD for $24.99 each (I did not see any at my Wal*Mart) ... Cars 3 Blu-Ray was $22.99 for regular and $24.99 for Ethyl AKA the Storybook version ...$27.99 for the 4K UHD (no storybook ... My Wal*Mart had the same price for the 4K UHD and $19.99 for the regular Blu-Ray or their Wal*Mart special edition which contains 3 bonus CARtoons featuring Mater ...

My Wal*Mart had three Peanuts/Charlie Brown specials in 4K UHD for Under $20.00 each ...

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    For Amazon Prime Members, Westworld 4K/UHD is selling for $32.99!

6. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

Very nice! Thanks so much for the heads up. Had the standard blu on my watchlist but it was still at $36.99, so pulled the trigger on this one.

7. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Never mind......