What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-6-2012 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Naturally. I would not expect them to care about me personally. However, studios build up brand good will when treating fans nicely, and viceversa when they don't. Just observing. Also: Target and Wal-Mart both having exclusive discs subtracts a sale from one of them which they would have gotten had they been the only store with bonus content, so there is a benefit to a store getting the only exclusive of a certian type.
On another note: a week or so ago the Spider-Man Facebook page shared a post about Skippy Peanut Butter selling limited edition jars with Spider-Man on the label, which includes a coupon for $4 off the combo pack. Of course, the peanut butter itself will likely be that amount, but it might be something to consider if you can find it and need peanut butter anyway. None of our local groceries are carrying the Spider-Man jars though, so YMMV.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I feel your pain, Jake. I've been bitching about retailer exclusives on CDs for years.

The CDs always seem like a worse case for me than the various extras doled out on DVD/Blu exclusives because they usually involve extra songs--actual content which make the exclusive CDs that much more valuable (in my mind).

I'm not as big on the figurines and packaging exclusives bundled with retailer exclusive DVDs and Blu-rays. I will, sometimes, go out of my way to search out an exclusive bonus disc of content on a video release

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I hate to make this a referendum on extras and exclusives, but I've pretty much given up on both of those things. I'm going to be happy with the basic release. There's not enough time in the day to try to find everything released and wring my hands over special features.

Maybe it's because I've been involved with DVD and reviewing and writing for over a decade now. I just want the movie, in the best possible quality at the best price. I'm done with upgrading to box sets and collecting the figures and the posters and all the other stuff.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Be careful there, Jason. You are starting to allow logic and rational thought to interfere with your home theater addiction habit!
One of us! One of us!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
Does anyone know if the 3D version of Spider-man is going to be available anywhere for less than $27.99?
Haven't seen any, Jeff. I'm still expecting $27.99 next week at Amazon, Target & Best Buy (I have confirmed the BB price next week). Maybe someone has run across a different retailer/e-tailer who has a better price...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/324938/weekly-roundup-11-6-2012/30#post_3999376
Be careful there, Jason. You are starting to allow logic and rational thought to interfere with your home theater addiction habit!
One of us! One of us!
Yeah, I know. That logic and stuff makes me feel like an adult...which I am fighting with every wheezing, pained breath.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I completely agree regarding the annoyance of retailer exclusive CDs, and don't like the practice of DVD bonus discs either, except that they sometimes actually have really good content on them. I have not and generally will not go out of my way for a packaging exclusive (i.e. Best Buy's steelbook or the figurines in the gift set), but extra video content will get me interested if it is for a film I really like. Target has had a string of exclusive bonus discs in the last couple of months which actually had some really substantial material and I was able to get those without paying more than I would for the release anywaay (cast and creator Q&As on Revenge and Once Upon a Time, and an Avengers bonus disc that was more substantial than most of the stufff on the general release), so I am interested to see what hey have for Spider-Man.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I found the price at my Walmart to be $24.96 for the 3D bluray/DVD combo with Spider-man head case disc holder.
Also Walmart has their own exclusive extra feature not found anywhere else, as does Target.
Since I'm also a head case when it comes to Soider-man I bought the steel book at BB, The bonus DVD at target and the head case with bonus disc at Walmart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks