What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-5-2013 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That amazon match on the Hobbit is interesting.Im pretty sure the BB price is for the Steelbook which is only the 3d version and not 5 discs.Edit: nope nevermind

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I am assuming that once all three Hobbit movies have come and gone, there'll be a complete set that will be on sale sometimes for around that same price (as the LOTR set has).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's my strategy.

I'll buy the initial Hobbit releases and then splurge on the box EE full set when that is released and I find some big mega-sale (just like with the LOTR EE Blu set).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
[PESSIMISM]Speaking of The Hobbit, I know it wasn't in Target's ad but I thought they might still stock it but it wasn't available at the Target near me. Granted, it's the second release of the movie but when a major retailer doesn't stock the special edition of a movie that made a mountain of money and that also has a sequel coming out soon, you know Blu-ray/DVD sales are taking a big dive.[/PESSIMISM]

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thats reading in a bit far, target is notorious for not carrying major releases in store and sometimes online.Although if you want to go further on your line, BB only has the 5 disc Hobbit on .com and I saw no versions of the Hobbit in Costco today.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
[PESSIMISM]Speaking of The Hobbit, I know it wasn't in Target's ad but I thought they might still stock it but it wasn't available at the Target near me. Granted, it's the second release of the movie but when a major retailer doesn't stock the special edition of a movie that made a mountain of money and that also has a sequel coming out soon, you know Blu-ray/DVD sales are taking a big dive.[/PESSIMISM]
Interesting. I thought for sure that Target would at least carry the 2-D version of The Hobbit EE (although I would have then wondered why it wasn't inc;uded in the Sunday flyer). Guess not.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
My results of looking for the Hobbit Extended 3D blu ray:

Costco: 2D or 3D not available
Target: 2D or 3D not available
Frys: 2D only available $35.
Wal Mart: Both available, but 3D was $40.
Best Buy, 2D and 3D Steelbook available. Got the Best Buy 3D steelbook, since it was 'only' $30.

Opened it up and discovered that it doesn't include the 2D version.

Pretty damn sad state of affairs for brick and mortar.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jeff I mentioned a few posts back that the BB steel will be just the 3D version and that Amazon is selling the full 5 disc version for the same price as that steel at BB.Plus it seemed pretty easy to see to me bylooking at the steel that it doesnt include the 2D version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
Plus it seemed pretty easy to see to me bylooking at the steel that it doesnt include the 2D version.
The steelbook has a sticker on the front that says there's 3 discs but the detailed breakdown on the back says that there's 4 discs and specifies that there's a 2-D version. Since they listed it, Warners owes people a copy of the 2-D disc (in my opinion). It's not the consumers' fault that they can't manage their product correctly.

ALL WRONG. :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
TravisR said:
The steelbook has a sticker on the front that says there's 3 discs but the detailed breakdown on the back says that there's 4 discs and specifies that there's a 2-D version. Since they listed it, Warners owes people a copy of the 2-D disc (in my opinion). It's not the consumers' fault that they can't manage their product correctly.
I'm looking at the back right now and it does not state a 2d version is included. Disc 1 and 2 bluray 3DDiscs 3 and 4 the appendices special features

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
TonyD said:
Jeff I mentioned a few posts back that the BB steel will be just the 3D version and that Amazon is selling the full 5 disc version for the same price as that steel at BB.Plus it seemed pretty easy to see to me bylooking at the steel that it doesnt include the 2D version.
Sure, but 1)I didn't see your posts until after I had already opened it, and 2) having no prior knowledge of the issue, I had no reason to really believe that the 2D wasn't included, so I didn't really inspect the case details to determine that.

Mind you, I'm ok with only having the 3D version, as I would always choose this option when watching the movie, but it still seems pretty shitty that they omit the 2D discs.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm returning the steel version back to BB and reordered the 5 disc from Amazon. Would rather have the 2D version than the steel book. Thanks guys for pointing out the difference.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but there's a really good 50% off code for Fox Connect. I pre-ordered both The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Desk Set for a total of $15.98 (both blu and free shipping). Code is FLASH and it seems to still work this morning. One use per account.

Thanks to the OP's in other threads who mentioned this earlier in the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks