What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-3-2015 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Robert Crawford said:
Thank you sir as I ordered the wrong one too. I did call and cancelled and ordered the correct item for $22.89 plus tax with $5 off gift card.

Makes you wonder why Target bothers stocking the non-exclusive release at all (at least until release week is over and they stop pressing the exclusive.)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
For those still shopping at the Disney Store:

* Pre-Order Disney•Pixar Inside Out Blu-ray Combo Pack by November 2, 2015 and receive an exclusive set of 4 Lithographs, while supplies last. Each 10'' x 14'' lithograph features a special Disney seal stamped in gold foil.

** Pre-Order Disney•Pixar Inside Out Blu-ray Combo Pack by November 2, 2015 and get $10 off a future online purchase of $40.00 or more. An e-mail will be sent at the conclusion of the pre-sale with a unique promotion code valid for a future online purchase made between 11/3/2015 - 11/15/2015.

Note that Disney does not appear to be selling the 3D edition directly (it's not even mentioned on movies.disney.com!). Back when I used to shop at the Disney Store, these deals were also available there, but they would sometimes sell out, so YMMV.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney Movie Rewards is also offering lithographs (though I don't know if they are the same, probably not) to members who purchase both Inside Out and Tomorrowland.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Received Inside Out 3D from DMC today -- a bit earlier than usual from them, but it looks very nice on the outside.

Laying low in general waiting for the Criterion sale to get going next week and then the run through Xmas.

I may be reading things wrong, but a couple Target employees say there internal prices on Inside Out 2d and 3D will be the same on the exclusives nd nonexclusives once the weekly prices go live tomorrow.
I guess we'll see them

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If memory serves, Target exclusive editions have always been the same price as the corresponding regular editions in store.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'm hoping Croupier (on Blu ) is finally done right. I've pre-ordered for in-store pickup @ my local Barnes & Noble.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Disney Movie Rewards is also offering lithographs (though I don't know if they are the same, probably not) to members who purchase both Inside Out and Tomorrowland.
The Disney Store versions are 10x14, DMR versions are 8x10. Looking at the Disney Store site I think the Lithographs are pictured and
are definitely different than the DMR offers (2 Tomorrowland and 1 IO).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
On the topic of Inside Out, this is a great interview with Richard Kind from Inside Out, which is (attempting) to keep me occupied while I wait for the Blu-ray to arrive with Target's not-release-date delivery. Major spoilers if you've not seen the film:

http://www.aol.com/build/519209963/

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I picked up Inside Out 3D, Doctor Who Season 9 part 1, and a 3 pack of BBC Earth 3D documentaries.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now that it's available, can anybody confirm what form the Inside Out exclusive at Target is -- bonus disc or some sort of digital exclusive? (I ordered it, but it's still on the way from target.com.)

Edit: Some YouTube videos of people unwrapping the Target exclusive indicate that it does not contain a bonus disc, so the extra bonus must be tied exclusively to the digital copy. Ugh.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
What's weird is that Target's digital copy service they trotted out last year, Target Ticket, no longer exists, so I'm not really clear on where the extra content will be found. Per the YouTube videos of various people unwrapping the exclusive versions, it has the movie disc, the special features disc (that all the regular editions have) and the DVD. This is in contrast to the last time Target had bonus content for a Disney release (Frozen), when there was an extra DVD with the bonus content shrinkwrapped to the main case.

So either Disney actually pressed a separate bonus features disc for Target including all the main bonus material, plus the Target one, or (presumably) it's all digital now.

My copy is STILL not in the mail today, so I can't actually shed any firsthand light on this. I'm beginning to think buying it at Amazon (for cheaper, besides) might have been a better move, and certainly would have gotten it here already, but now I'm locked in waiting for Target's shipment (from last Friday, which really shouldn't be taking this long) to show up.

I will report back when I actually have it in my hands, whenever that may be...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JakeLip said:
What's weird is that Target's digital copy service they trotted out last year, Target Ticket, no longer exists, so I'm not really clear on where the extra content will be found. Per the YouTube videos of various people unwrapping the exclusive versions, it has the movie disc, the special features disc (that all the regular editions have) and the DVD. This is in contrast to the last time Target had bonus content for a Disney release (Frozen), when there was an extra DVD with the bonus content shrinkwrapped to the main case.

So either Disney actually pressed a separate bonus features disc for Target including all the main bonus material, plus the Target one, or (presumably) it's all digital now.

My copy is STILL not in the mail today, so I can't actually shed any firsthand light on this. I'm beginning to think buying it at Amazon (for cheaper, besides) might have been a better move, and certainly would have gotten it here already, but now I'm locked in waiting for Target's shipment (from last Friday, which really shouldn't be taking this long) to show up.

You ordered your copy before me, but my copy will be here tomorrow. Also, it appears they've already taken out the $5.00 gift card off the price of purchase because the final purchase price for me is $22.88 including tax.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:

Pretty sure the Target bonus just comes up on the standard Disney Movie Anywhere stream as a separate extra (or through any of the Digital services linked with DMA). I haven't seen any reports that the Bonus Disc in the Target pack is different that std releases -- that would seem like it would get complicated to run 2 versions of the same disc. it would seem to be much easier just to run a separate disc if you were going to that.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yes, I agree that it would be too complicated to press two separate versions of the main bonus disc and wasn't really expecting that (which is why I said that it is presumably digital.) I just find the practice of including non-disc based bonus irritating; we don't really own it that way, since anytime they decide for it to expire, it will go away. It would make much more sense in terms of a comprehensive and through bonus features collection for ALL of the bonus features to be on the disc, available to everyone, together in one space.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
It would make much more sense in terms of a comprehensive and through bonus features collection for ALL of the bonus features to be on the disc, available to everyone, together in one space.

Of course, though not nearly as bad as the ??? last Star Trek movie that had 4 different store exclusives each with a different piece of extra "Making of" Package.
I think they finally relented and did something to appease the wrath of the angry neo Trekkers

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw Inside Out three days or so early in theaters for Fathom Event pricing. It contained a pre-filmed tour of Pixar, which was then made available afterwards to Disney Movie Rewards members who attended the creeping...only for a couple months. It was an interesting featurettte and would have made a good, natural Blu-ray extra, but that's nowhere to be found. Also, following the screening was a highly informative lifestream Q&A with Pete Doctor and Amy Pohler. This, too, is something that should have shown up on the Blu-ray but I've not seen any reports of that. At least the Blu appears to be stacked anyway, but if they've got the content, why not use it?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Robert Crawford said:
You ordered your copy before me, but my copy will be here tomorrow. Also, it appears they've already taken out the $5.00 gift card off the price of purchase because the final purchase price for me is $22.88 including tax.

Did you get yours today?

The mail just arrived here, and still nothing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JakeLip said:
Did you get yours today?

The mail just arrived here, and still nothing.
Yup, just got done watching the 3-D version. Also, loaded up the digital code into DisneyMoviesAnywhere. Looks like a 95 minute video is the Target exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks