Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, though, no she'll never watch it (and I've got a copy on my shelf already--along with other scary films like Halloween and The Sixth Sense, for examples). So we're fine.

But this is a unique thing for me to deal with. Peg just doesn't like anything that's scary or even with blood and gore. She's a big musical fan. Loves Sondheim. But won't watch the film of Sweeney Todd. And she likes much of the music from it. She doesn't like action films, chase sequences, etc. either.
That's not being averse to watching scary films -- that's just good taste. :lol: And this is coming from a Tim Burton fan.

It's funny how we all perceive films differently. I never considered The Sixth Sense scary at all, and once you figure out the film's "secret", it's just not that interesting, IMO. It certainly held zero re-watch value for me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Oh. Well, I haven't watched The Sixth Sense either.

But much like with Silence of the Lambs, I basically know the entire premise.

Why upgrade an unwatched disc, though, especially at Criterion prices? Are you going to find time to watch the new one?
Most times I wouldn't, but as Robert says:

$18.31 is a really good price for a new Criterion title.
And when I do watch the film, I might as well see it in what is likely going to be a great presentation.

It's just one of the seamy parts of this insidious hobby! :mellow:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
*raises hand*

OK,Mike's not the only one.

I've never seen Silence of the Lambs either.

Of course, I don't watch any horror films in general because I hate being scared, and can't handle jump scares, so I've been avoiding it deliberately.

I'm sure it's great -- just not for me.
I fully understand that and I basically feel the same way. That said I have watched some of the classics, notorious ones, and ones that people have recommended highly. I don't often enjoy the experience, however. So I'm not trying to convince you to see it in any way. I respect that you don't watch them and don't like being scared. And I get it.

I do really like Silence though. Yes, it is disturbing at times and there are scary moments, but dang is it good. I'll be picking it up eventually.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Funny that some see Silence of the Lambs as horror. I've never considered it that way.
I always considered it a psychological crime film. Not too graphic except for that one sequence. The acting from Hopkins and Foster is some of the best acting captured on film.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life is available in DVD format from Best Buy. I got it for my mom who doesn't do Netflix.

Reactions: TravisR

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirb-dog