What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Bought Superman Ultimate Kit for $59.99 at CC -- clearly a mistake but one that I understand was made with all their sets. Their ads show $69.99 but the tag on the box shows it at $10 less.

Joel

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Mike (or anyone else that may know),

Do you know if the Supes Ultimate set is available at BJ's Wholesale Club? If so, for how much? Otherwise, I'll head to CC and see if I can get in on the same price "mistake."

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I tried to pick up a copy at BB today when I bought Supes Ultimate and was planning to do a pricematch with CC. After a drone searched for several minutes, he informed me that it is an "online only" item (at least at my local store.) I imagine this will have a negative impact on overall sales. I ended up going around the block to CC and grabbed my copy of St. Elsewhere (they had several.) I can't wait to check it out tonight!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Also, I thought it was strange that all of the Ultimate Collections I saw at CC had hand-written $69.99 price stickers on them, but now, after reading the posts about the miss-price, it all makes sense. It looks like stores are correcting this on their own.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I was also able to get the Superman Ultimate boxset for $59 at CC.

I specifically went to customer service for the ring up because I thought they would be more will to adjust the price.

It came up as $70 so I had to point out the printed label for $60.

What helped my case, I think, was a nice dent in the metal case.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It has been reported over in the St. Elsewhere (Hill Street) thread over in TV/Software that many Best Buys are apparently not carrying St. Elsewhere today! :thumbsdown: That could be potentially disastrous news for the series.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Just picked up at my local Costco the 2 disc "Superman returns" for $ 20.39, the ultimate Collection is priced at 62.79.

Thanks for the round up!! I always check here first.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm a little surprised nobody's done educated me on this. A quick check of my co-workers, however, revealed NOONE ELSE who was familiar with him! So, I guess I don't feel too bad about things.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here are some other new release prices from Target that were not in the circular:
Bones S1: $39.99
Criminal Minds S1: $44.99
Joan of Arcadia S2: $44.99
St. Elsewhere: $32.99
A Star Is Born: $14.99

I'm surprised with all the talk about "Superman Returns" (just a rental for me...) that no one mentioned the PC/"portable device" download for $1.97 when you buy the physical DVD at Wal-Mart. According to HomeMediaRetailing.com it's apparently the first of many such promotions...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not to knock anyone who is a fan of his but the only people that I've ever seen that like Dane Cook are fratboys and 20-something women seem to find him attractive/funny. Personally, I think he sucks. :)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember when the superman doc: look up in the sky.. at best buy.. the 2 disc set was suppose to be 19.99, but I found 3 of them at 9.99.

I got a great price on it.

Jacob

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
If you don't mind an uneducated guess, then I'd say it's probably in the $63 range based on my having purchased it at Sam's Club for $63.88...

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I've seen it mentioned before but it was such a good deal I'll mention it too. I stopped by the local Circuit City and saw season 1 of Bones for $19.99. I picked it up and figured I'd have to tell the cashier about the 19.99 shelf tag when I got there but it rang up at that price. That's half of what other places are selling it for this week. I'm guessing it's an error in the computer system and will likely be corrected in the near future so grab it at that price while you can!

I was going to pick up the Superman Ultimate Collection at Best Buy since I have some Monopoly game cash to spend before 12/2 but they were all out of them when I got there. I ended up buying Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut to tide me over until I get my hands on the Ultimate Collection since I REALLY want to see it.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
All I'm going to buy this week is Clerks II since I already have the Superman Ultimate Box Set coming from Amazon.
I'm just so mad about those bonus discs. I really want the one that comes with the 2 disc Superman Returns at Target. I'm a HUGE Superman fan and I really want to hear those 1940 radio shows. I just can't fathom buying another copy of the movie just for those extras.
Anyone want that movie but doesn't want that bonus disc? If ANYONE is planning on buying the movie at target and is willing to get rid of that disc...let me know.
I need it to complete my collection.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Ok, Mike, here's my report...

Went to BJ's. The Ultimate Supes set was 69.99. I decided to head over to CC, thinking maybe I could snag that mismarked 59.99 price. When I got there the sign said 69.99. Unfortunately, their were no copies on display. I asked a clerk if they had it (thinking maybe some were in the back). He tried to pawn off the Chris Reeve Collection on me, but I told him that wasn't it. He said he would do some further checking. 5 minutes later, he's at the cash register. "So, um... I guess you don't have any, right?"

"Um... Oh, yeah... sorry."

So I went across the street to Best Buy. Guess what? Sold out!

I then returned to BJ's!

Now if I can only find the energy to start watching it!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Yea I don't find him too funny either but supposedly his latest CD was pretty good. The first time I heard of him was on HBO's Tourgasm. He also hosted one of the first Saturday Night Lives this year and was reportedly (according to my wife) dating Jessica Simpson.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: I laughed at that remark Chris because when I asked my co-workers if they knew who he was...the only one who had even a glimmer of recognition (a 30-something female) offered that she "thought he was dating a celebrity"...but couldn't remember who! :D

I am still completely underwhelmed by these responses (nothing at all against Chris and Travis). I just think Dane Cook (and his agent) should be worrying about his "Q" rating! ;)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'm in (what I think is) Dane Cook's target demographic, mid 20s, and I don't think he's funny. On the aforementioned SNL he hosted this season, his monologue was ~10 minutes of his stand-up and it was just bad. But there are people I work with (1 woman in particular, who is in her early 30s) who think he's great. To each his own.

Back to your bargain hunting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks