What's new

Weekly Roundup 11-27-2007 (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Waitress is a fantastic movie and well worth picking up.

I also plan on Hot Rod, I found that to be hilarious and is underrated in the face of somehting like Superbad.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. This week, it's Bender's Big Score and eventually probably Anchorman and Old School in HD.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
This week's releases of Soylent Green, Logan's Run and The Omega Man are supposed to be reissues with "movie money" for "I Am Legend".

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ah. I didn't have time to explore the entire store in hopes of finding the special set, which is what it always takes to find anything on sale at that place. They were probably on the top shelf above the 65" plasmas facing the back wall with 13 boxes in front of them, if history is any indication of how organized Best Buy usually is. In fact, I got help to find the old 2 disc set, which is what I bought and the clerk who helped me was clearly clueless about another set.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
they shouldnt be anywere out of the ordinary.
should be were they would be normally. in the dvd section.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but it's going to allow you to switch between Tim McCarver and NOT Tim McCarver audio tracks. You'll be able to watch it as if Castiglione (or the Rockies announcers) were calling the game for Fox, without the delay between video and audio. Bliss, I tell ya.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

REALLY?!?! :eek:

You are talking about the complete games MLB set? And they are going to make the WEEI feed available for the audio track?! I just might need to add that to the list. Do you have a release date, Jason?

You know, not ONCE did McCarver talk about David Ortiz' eyes during the playoffs! :laugh: I don't think he'll ever live that Jeter comment down!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Well, since it took Castiglione almost the entire season to remember the change to "WRKO" everytime he threw to commercial, I guess I can be forgiven that slip! :D

Very cool that they are including the highlights disc and just Games #5-7 of the ALCS then all the WS. :emoji_thumbsup: Honestly, I'd probably never watch #1-4 of the ALCS.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'd probably watch Game One, and I'd kind of like it if 2-4 were there. I mean, although neither I nor any other Sox fan I can imagine has even allowed light to fall upon the first three discs of the 2004 set, they're part of the story, you know?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Very true. But if the tree ain't never gonna fall in the forest...

:D And, especially, if it helps keep the price down!

You know HOW MUCH I love watching the ninth inning of Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS? Kevin Millar, Dave Roberts and Bill Mueller will be forever etched in my mind for that particular moment-in-time!

The "steal heard 'round the world", indeed!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I don't know if there's ever been two such similar posts in one RoundUp! :D

You'd think the way posts usually go in these threads that it wouldn't be so rare...but I can't ever recall it!

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
Wow, that deal on Pan's/Golden Compass BB deal seems too good to be true. Hopefully I can find a copy tonight. Thanks as always guys!

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator
My local Costco now has:

Blood Diamond
The Departed
Pan's Labyrinth

They were all the 2-disc special editions and they were all...

...$7.99 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks