What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/26 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!!
[c] [/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a four-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!
Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo__SamsClb_Borders
Audrey Hepburn Collection_$44.99__$46.99__$54.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$51.99
Billy Wilder Collection___$44.99__$46.99__$54.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Complete Jeeves & Wooster_$97.46__$79.99_$129.95__$79.99__$_N/A__$114.99
E.Izzard: Dress To Kill___$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$19.99
I Spit On Your Grave - ME_$18.71__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Ice Age - SE______________$19.49__$17.99__$14.99__$18.49__$18.49__$_N/A_
Men In Black II (WS)______$18.82__$15.99__$14.99__$19.99__$19.98__$19.99
Olsen Twins' When In Rome_$14.99__$14.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$14.99
Roman Holiday_____________$18.74__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Solaris - Criterion_______$29.96__$32.99__$34.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Sunset Boulevard - SE_____$18.74__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$19.99
Transformers Season 2 Pt1_$44.96__$42.99__$39.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$59.99
Transformers (individual)_$14.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Upstairs, Downstairs Cmpl_$224.96_$199.99_$299.95_$179.99_$_N/A__$299.99
[/c]
* K-Mart has Men In Black II for just $14.79 this week! In DVD or VHS! :emoji_thumbsup:
* BE CAREFUL, THOUGH! Men In Black II is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one!
* K-Mart also has Ice Age for $19.95, but you get a poster when you purchase it and a 12-pack of Coca-Cola at the same time (note that it secificies Coke and not "Coke products"). Also, When In Rome is $14.95.
* Target is *rumored* to have Men In Black II for $14.99 themselves, but I cannot get to their online ad to verify this (it's not posted yet), and I don't have a newspaper handy. I will try to post an update about Target later, but I might be out most of the day. Even if it's true, Circuit City has the same price, and K-Mart beats them by 2 dimes, right?
* Best Buy has their new "Fox Demo Disc" (remember this from last Thanksgiving?). This brand-new demo disc (presumably Volume 2) has a white-and-light-blue 'icy' look to it. This time they will NOT just hand it to you at the door! You get it "Free, instantly, with purchase of Ice Age or any other Fox DVD or VHS". At least 250 per store, no rainchecks, not available from BB.COM. Includes coupons like last time.
* Note that Best Buy is also stating that you can save $5 instantly with the purchase of any 2 Fox titles in their advertisement...EXCEPT Ice Age (or Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones for that matter). Title that ARE included (selling at $11.99 each) are (the newest-release versions of) Romeo + Juliet, Fight Club, From Hell, Say Anything, Office Space, Kiss of the Dragon, History of the World Part 1, Sound of Music, Porky's/Porky's II, & Black Knight. Remember that I said "newest release versions", so many of these are 1-disc versions, and perhaps NOT in Widescreen. So be careful. On the other hand, if you DO find a charmer in there (Say Anything for example), it is a great way to get your Fox Demo Disc #2, and still save money on Ice Age by heading to Circuit City (unless you just enjoy Best Buy's brand of price-match harrassment...I don't).
* For anyone who missed Men In Black and want to get it and the sequel at the same time, Best Buy has a Men In Black/Men In Black II 2-Pack for $35.99, and if you buy it Tuesday or Wednesday this week, you can mail off to get a $10 Best Buy gift card as a "rebate". This IS a widescreen item, by-the-way.
* Wal-Mart's circulating their Holiday Electronics Guide, and the only new DVD's in there is When In Rome with Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen for $14.99, plus "EDLP" (Every Day Low Price) on Ice Age and Men In Black II. So on the latter two, be on the lookout for in-store pricematching per local competition.
* No online coupons for Borders this time, although I hear that some people are getting Borders Holiday Gift Guides in the mail, and that this catalog has a "10% off your entire purchase" coupon on the back of it. Good now until Christmas. So check your mailboxes!
* No advertised DVD deals at CompUSA this week.
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None yet again...I wonder if VideoTropics is still updating this? Well, I can assure you that next week I WILL have some markdowns for you, one way or another!
In the meantime, I'll instead mention that Best Buy has a number of Warner titles they are selling at $16.99 each this week: 2001, Se7en SE, Any Given Sunday, Blow, Rush Hour 2, Blade Runner, Thir13en Ghosts, Gone With The Wind, Green Mile, Goodfellas, Full Metal Jacket, Matrix, Miss Congeniality, Swordfish, Training Day, Ocean's Eleven (remake), Incredible Mr. Limpet, Wizard Of Oz, Goonies, & Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (note that the last one only pictures the fullframe version)
A REMINDER! I AM *NOT* PLANNING TO DO A "BLACK FRIDAY" EDITION OF THE ROUNDUP! I WON'T EVEN BE HOME TO DO IT; EVEN IF I WAS THERE ARE NO NEW RELEASES AND NO PERMANENT MARKDOWNS, SO IT'S NOT IN KEEPING WITH THE STYLE OF THE ROUNDUP. Anyone else who wants to post something is welcome to do it, of course (as if my "permission was needed! :eek: ). I'll also take this time to point out the controversy that sites like FatWallet.com and DVDTalk are going through because some of the big chains (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, and - strangely - Staples) sent them a cease-and-desist order stating that they could not publish Black Friday prices early under the guidelines of the DMCA. This is really strange and really bad, as prices are considered "facts" under the law and therefore not copyrightable. The Associated Press has written a rather one-sided (in favor of the retailers) piece you can read here, but I encourage you to find the discussion threads going around the 'net about this. And contact the Electronic Frontier Foundation and lend your support; they are still in the process of trying to figure out IF they will "take the case", from what I'm told.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the update dave as always. I can't believe I forgot about the Transformers, I preordered it so long ago. Just in time for Christmas Break. :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks as always, Dave. This week I think I'll take the path of least resistance & head to CC for Ice Age & MIBII.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

This week's Entertainment Weekly has a "pull-out" 10% off coupon for Borders, valid 11/22 thru 12/8.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Any body remember about a year ago Best Buy always had the best prices on new releases. Now a year later and it seems that Circuit City has better pricing on new releases and also better customer service when it comes to price matching. Actually, better customer service period. I know on some releases BB will have better pricing then CC. But it seems that in the majority lately CC is the place to go for good prices and better stock(At least for me anyway).
And with that it's off to CC on Tuesday for "MIB II" as I already have "Ice Age"(Inside connection with my local video store:D )
Thanks once again Dave for your time & effort.
Joe

Terry H

Second Unit
For some reason deepdiscountdvd.com prices A&E sets lower than anyone else. Shipping is free.
Upstairs/Downstairs complete series $143.97
Complete Jeeves & Wooster $69.13

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
DAVID, from my paper, confirmed. Yes, TARGET has MIB2, ICE AGE and UNDISPUTED for $14.99. Pg. 21 of their ad.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the warning on Black Friday. I'll make sure to read the paper. If any reader here finds anything out of the ordinary on Black Friday, perhaps we should have a thread for that.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Hopefully Circuit City will not give any hassles about using the $3 Papa John's coupon with Ice Age.
$11.99 is just a sweet, sweet deal! :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Great job again, David!
I was relying on your post this morning since my Los Angeles Times paper did not have any flyers from either Best Buy or Circuit City!? :confused:
Looks like CC once again has the best prices...$14.99 for Ice Age and MIBII.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be heading to Target for MIB 2 & Ice Age for $14.99 each. I'll also be using the Papa John's $3 coupon on Ice Age. $11.99 is a sweet deal for Ice Age.

Harley

Stunt Coordinator

I just returned from BB with the disc, they tried to tell me that it was for Tuesday but I pointed out that the ad for the DVD sampler made no mention of Tuesday only purchase any Fox DVD and he agreed and went into the backroom and returned with the Fox DVD.

Harley

Colin-H

Second Unit
This quote from that article linked in the fine print cracked me up:

(I just read the other thread. Oops. It's still funny.)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. Thus named because most every retailer has huge, crazy sales. Usually these sales only run Friday. Some only run in the morning, and some run the whole weekend.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's when the retailers have a huge sale to kick off the holiday shopping season.

I'm not sure if Target is pricing Ice Age and MIB2 at $14.99, they have like "hot price" above their photos, while "Undisputed" has the price of $14.99. But they may all be priced at that price, but it's not certain until Tuesday.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
First time in a while that I will only stop at Circuit City. As previously mentioned, Best Buy has fallen off .....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks