What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/25 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can't figure out Best Buy's pricing of Dark Shadows. They all have the same number of discs, but the sets are all over the map. The first couple were about $45.99, then it shot up to $52.99, then vol. 8 was back down to $43.99 and now 9 is $52.99. It's like a complete crap shoot. But to encourage them, I buy the cheap vols there and the expensive ones elsewhere. No sign yet that this reinforcement is working, but so it goes.
Well, I'll confuse you even further:

The Best Buy price of Collection #9 was $43.99 in-store...a far cry from the $52.99 Roundup price which I got from the BB.com website! :eek:

Wal-Mart is selling Journey: Greatest Hits DVD for just $12.88! I got it this morning.

I also grabbed X2, Bruce, Chitty, and both Berenstein Bears discs at Wal-Mart, at the prices mentioned at the bottom of my Roundup post. Additionally, I grabbed 6 items from the $5.88 bin. Great stuff at great prices...can't beat that!

Now I just have to find Queen at Circuit City, and I'll be all set.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Thanks for the Walmart update info Dave!!! Much appreciated.;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wonder why? When I bought my set about 2 weeks ago, my Costco only had a couple sets left. I actually had to dig to find one. Seems they sold most of them at the regular price just fine (or with the coupon they'd offered earlier).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Well, if Dark Shadows 9 is really priced at $43.99 then I will reward BB with my business again :) Thanks for the tip, Dave! And of course your great work on the Roundup each week!

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
For you San Diegans, Bestbuy in mission valley did not have CCBB SE. I had to go to Target to get it for the $17.99 price. They did not have it out anywhere, they had to go to the back to get it.

I also picked up X-2 and Bruce Almighty at BB with the $14.99 price match from CC.

Later Randy B A

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Damned Circuit City Circulars! They say "Low Price" for both Bruce Almighty and X2 so negatory on the BB pricematch. Going to the store, sure enough, both were indeed $14.99 but they only had Foolscreen versions for Bruce! The guy said he was shocked that they didn't send the store any widescreen copies. So I only picked up X2 today. Will call later in the week to see if they get Bruce in widescreen. I can wait for that title...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At Costco: X-Men 2 was $18.39, but there's a $6 rebate to go along with the purchase, so that's where I bought it from today.

David, I don't think you should depend on BB.com online pricing anymore as it doesn't correspond to the store pricing most of the time. Last week, I went to pick up Ultimate Jordan, as the BB.com site listed it at $14.99, but I wanted to use my rewardzone card, and it scanned at $19.99 in-store. It was barely re-released last week, and the girl at the counter told me they wouldn't PM the website, and that their prices don't always match. Just FYI.

Lenny
aka Jose Arellano

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David, I don't think you should depend on BB.com online pricing anymore as it doesn't correspond to the store pricing most of the time.
Appreciate the note, but I strongly disagree with it. Most of the time the pricing DOES match up, at least in most markets. I think the majority of the difference is that they are now charging different prices in difference markets, trying to maximize their sales revenue.

Instead, it's just driving more folks to the competition. Ah, well...they'll live and learn. In the meantime, I don't really have too much of an alternative than to use BB.com's prices in tandem with my local BB sales flyer to come up with the Roundup prices.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Did anybody find the coupon for $3 off a MGM SE DVD inside the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang DVD?

It is good for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang among others. Why would they put a coupon that is good for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang inside Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I ended up going back to the store and rebuying Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the coupon and then returning it with the origional reciept to give me a net price of $14.99!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Someone must have lit a fire under a lot of the Blue shirts' butts because I could not peruse PC DVD-burner drives without 5 of the guys asking me if they could be of assistance when I was in BB the other day.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
"Did anybody find the coupon for $3 off a MGM SE DVD inside the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang DVD?"

I'd like to know if this is true, I'll do the same!

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Someone must have lit a fire under a lot of the Blue shirts' butts because I could not peruse PC DVD-burner drives without 5 of the guys asking me if they could be of assistance when I was in BB the other day.
I noticed this at my local Best Buy. I remember when the stores first opened, I thought the whole plan was to have the employees bug you less (no commission)

Do they have commission or do they just have quotas now?

I was looking at DVDs which is usually all I look at there, how many times do I have to say "No, Thanks. I'm just looking" before they understand I don't need help looking over movies. What help could they provide? I'm not looking for a particular movie. I'm actually just looking around.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
My circuit city had nothing but full screen X2's out, they had to go to the back to get me a WS. Isnt the ratio like 75-25 ws to fs in Sales these days?

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I didn't notice this before but the covers of X2: Widescreen has the two blue mutants (Nightcrawler and Mystique) on the cover while Foolscreen has Prof Xavier and Magneto (Wolverine, Storm and Rogue are on both) I had only noticed the reversing of Silver/Blue and the wording for foolscreen and Widescreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks