What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/25 (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Tony, our podunk, KS (population less than 10,000) store had it in the 5.88 bin, so it's either streeted early or Wal-Mart just doesn't care about street dates of bargain bin titles.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
X-Men 2 for me... Oh, and I also found Ford Fairlane and Black Sunday at the $5.88 at Wal-Mart.... :)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
As always Dave, A Big Thanks for the Round-Up! Here's another title for everyone with daughters.
  • __________TITLE__________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_ _ SamsClb[/list=a]
    • The Challenge_(Olsen Twins)_ _ $16.98 __ $14.99 __ $14.99 __ $14.99 _ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_[/list=a]
      Sorry about the format - I don't quite have the table thing down. ;)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Also being released to realistically-priced DVD is David Attenborough's The Living Planet. But I'll bet no B&M stores will carry this title. I ordered mine from DDD.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks for the roundup David, this week ill be getting the Journey dvd,and some of those new 5.88 dvds you mentioned.:emoji_thumbsup: The only thing that sucks is i wont be able to buy any of these till at least black friday, because after all the christmas shopping i did on the weekend im now super broke,got to wait a few more days till my next pay.:frowning: Thank god, i have money on the side for next week, Alien quadrilogy, pirates of the carribean coming.:)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Quick question: Do places like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. usually put together some shocking deals for DVDs and similar media on the day after Thanksgiving?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Dane,

Yup. Wait until Thanksgiving, or you could find a place that encourages a "robust pocketbook" that might have the listings. HTF mods and owners, with good reason, don't want them posted here, and I completely agree.

X2 for me, but unfortunately Target went LP in their ad this week, so I'll have to trek over there to pick it up, rather than a PM. Thanks, as always, Dave!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The big mystery in looking at the prices is why CCBB is so high at Best Buy. I was completey shocked, especially after seeing the Target price. It looks like I'll probably be getting that and X2 at WalMart sometime this week.

Neil

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I can't figure out Best Buy's pricing of Dark Shadows. They all have the same number of discs, but the sets are all over the map. The first couple were about $45.99, then it shot up to $52.99, then vol. 8 was back down to $43.99 and now 9 is $52.99. :confused: It's like a complete crap shoot. But to encourage them, I buy the cheap vols there and the expensive ones elsewhere. No sign yet that this reinforcement is working, but so it goes.

Looks like Target gets my DVD dollar this week, with BB's absurd pricing on Chitty. And it's prominently featured in the weekly flyer too, which makes it all the more strange.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Only Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for me this week. And because of Best Buy's "Chitty" price, looks like I'll be getting it at Target. ;)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'm getting a little fed up with Best Buy. Not only do they only advertise the fullscreen version of a DVD (a little WS symbol is pretty cheap IMO when they sell widescreen tvs) but their prices are getting kind of high. I mean, come on, Bruce Almighty for $17.99?! It was a huge hit and X2 is only $15.99. Eh, I don't even try anymroe. It's all about the benjamins not customer satisfaction. I'm taking my money to Circuit City where I can get both X2 AND Bruce for $14.99 a piece.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Is it correct to assume that The Hunt for Red October DVD in the $5.88 bin at Wal-Mart is the old (non SE) disc?

Galen_V

Second Unit
Yeah, the $5.88 Jack Ryan DVD's are all the old, non-SE ones.

Looks like the X-Men collection this week for me, if I am brave enough to venture out this weekend. I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving Dave!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have read that Costco has instituted a $8 instant rebate on the Indiana Jones boxset to lower the price to $35 (promotion ends on 11/30/03). For those going to Costso, it might be worth checking out if you didn't pick up the boxset earlier this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks