World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 11-25-2014 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jake,

Per the D23 website, the releases through next August are as follows:

Fantasia, January 3, 2015Pinocchio, February 3, 2015Toy Story, March 17, 2015Disneyland, April 7, 2015 Lady and the Tramp, May 12, 2015Pocahontas, June 23, 2015 The Aristocats, August 14, 2015Cinderella, August 14, 2015

Amazon has Fantasia up for preorder, but with a January 13th date on it. The price is also very steep, but I expect that to come down a lot before release date. All the existing releases are in the $15 range, so I have no reason to except Fantasia to be double that in January. For that amount of money, I can't see not picking these up. The artwork is spectacular, the packaging is sturdy and the music...well...you know all about it.

The next big anniversary for Beauty and the Beast is 2016, so even if we have to wait for that, it shouldn't be a terrible wait. Aladdin is just a year after that and, with the quality and speed of the releases, I can hold out for those dates.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
According to the information I've seen, Fantasia is a 4-disc set now, which may explain the price increase relative to the others.http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-fantasia-legacy-collection-73376/.

I would get Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin for their anniversaries - I'm just not patient so would hope they are sooner. If Aladdin is released to Blu-ray next year (and it really should be the fall Diamond Edition, since it is the last major animated classic not released to the format already besides the anthology films and Black Cauldron), maybe they will go ahead and release the soundtrack simultaneously.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jake and Jason:

Thanks for all that info on the Legacy Collection releases!

Yup. Looks like I'm in. :biggrin:

Love the release calendar for the upcoming releases. Is there also a similar calendar for what has been released already?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Lion King (June), Mary Poppins (August), Sleeping Beauty (October, simultaneously with the Diamond Edition) and The Little Mermaid are the only releases to date.

I need to catch up with Poppins and Sleeping Beauty, but the other two are phenomenal. You won't regret buying them.

Also, it's worth noting that, for whenever they get to it, the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack has never featured even just the vocal songs in the correct order, let alone the score excerpts. "The Mob Song" is for some reason presented before the title song, although obviously The Mob Song is after that in the film.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
JakeLip said:
According to the information I've seen, Fantasia is a 4-disc set now, which may explain the price increase relative to the others.http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-fantasia-legacy-collection-73376/.

I would get Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin for their anniversaries - I'm just not patient so would hope they are sooner. If Aladdin is released to Blu-ray next year (and it really should be the fall Diamond Edition, since it is the last major animated classic not released to the format already besides the anthology films and Black Cauldron), maybe they will go ahead and release the soundtrack simultaneously.

In that case, I'm good with the price, Jake. I didn't remember it being a 4 disc set.

Mike, here's the full release schedule (as of right now) on Disney Wiki.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I haven't searched the whole thread, but I HIGHLY recommend downloading Target's Cartwheel app for a constantly rotating selection of digital deals. Maleficent (DVD) is currently 50%off!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinman11201
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale