What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Lost Weekend – 1945
full

– The Pirate – 1948
full

– Mad Max – 1979
full

– Train to Busan: Peninsula – 2020
full

– Amarcord – 1973
full

– Libeled Lady – 1936
full

–...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The last week of November rarely fails to disappoint in terms of interesting, high-profile new releases. And, November 2020 rises to meet that challenge.

Fellini, Ealing, Kelly/Garland, Best Picture winner, a classic on 4k, Bogie, Oliver Hardy, films by cult director Grefe...and on and on.

I really hope you folks are able to fin SOMETHING this week that tickles your fancy. I suspect there may be more than one title! ;)

Happy (and safe) shopping! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

No movies for me this week -- but Lea Salonga's new CD is coming out next Friday and it is already in the mail to me from Broadway Records. So there's that, which is going to be great. :)

Lea Salonga.jpg

Remember when we could safely gather in a crowded concert hall to enjoy live music performance as a community? Looking at this just now, I realize how much I miss doing that. The vaccine can't come fast enough.

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Three for me this week:
  • Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
  • Libeled Lady
  • The Pirate

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Curious, does the Monty Python's Flying Circus: The Complete Series Bluray that comes out also on the 24th not count as as a new release?

Here's the Amazon link:
Amazon.com: Monty Python's Flying Circus: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]: Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin: Movies & TV

Great question, Mike.

Here's the deal. As I've been compiling the RoundUp this year, I've listed complete Monty Python sets at least twice...and then I've seen it come up again in the new release listings a couple more times since. So I just stopped listing it. I honestly haven't had the time to research this phenomenon I've seen over the weeks...so I can't explain it.

But, as the "Disclaimer" notes each week:

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in…as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don’t get paid for this, and I don’t have the time to list every DVD. So, please don’t complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

So many thanks for posting the link and making others aware of the listing. :thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think this is the first domestic release, but many people already imported the region-free big box set that was released in Europe last year.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This release has been strange since Day 1. At least one version of the 'import' wasn't so much an a UK labeled 'International' set released specifically for the North American market (1080i60 encode) and sold directly on most US retails sites BN, DD, Amazon, BBY, Bullmoose, etc.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm surprised there wasn't a picture for The Irishman at the top of the thread since it is a very recent best picture nominee.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised there wasn't a picture for The Irishman at the top of the thread since it is a very recent best picture nominee.

I guess there's just no pleasin' certain people! :D Gee, I think I included ten pix. And the Irishman is more important than The Naked Zoo?!? :laugh:

@Mike Frezon

The review for Zenobia is now live!

Off to include the link! Thx, Matt!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Great question, Mike.

Here's the deal. As I've been compiling the RoundUp this year, I've listed complete Monty Python sets at least twice...and then I've seen it come up again in the new release listings a couple more times since. So I just stopped listing it. I honestly haven't had the time to research this phenomenon I've seen over the weeks...so I can't explain it.

But, as the "Disclaimer" notes each week:

So many thanks for posting the link and making others aware of the listing. :thumbsup:
Well no one expects...
1606253764917.png

The Spanish Inquisition! :D

The Ministry of Funny Walks in on this ... :D !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks