What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-2-2010 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Toy Story 4 disk pack, White Christmas and Bridge over river Kwai for me, plus Fugitive S4 how can no one be gettin that ? All from Amazon.

White Christmas was my Wife's Favorite Christmas Film and As this will be my First Christmas without her, I have to get it on Blu Ray in her memory

I like it too so it'll be bittersweet to watch it again.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

White Christmas was my Wife's Favorite Christmas Film and As this will be my First Christmas without her, I have to get it on Blu Ray in her memory

Sorry to hear, Dave. My condolences to you. Hope you'll recall lots of fond memories and be comforted even as you rewatch her favorite each time...

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Biggest week I can remember in a long time:

TS3

River Kwai

Sound of Music

Chitty CBB

White Christmas

Maybe Car Tales

99% I'll eventually get Highlander though UK vs US

Goonies gets saved for later

A big week for the Criterion sale assuming it starts as expected.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Dave: I've got to imagine that will be quite hard for you. But it is that closeness and those memories which make up our relationships with one another.

I wish you all the best in what has to be a most difficult time for you.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia

Toy Story 4 disk pack, White Christmas and Bridge over river Kwai for me, plus Fugitive S4 how can no one be gettin that ? All from Amazon.

That is the sweetest and most touching words Ive ever read.

May you find the strength to cope with your loss. May I suggest watching the blu with some relatives? Maybe that will help a little ?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Dave, wishing you nothing but positive thoughts and happy memories as we head into the holiday season.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Mike, thanks for sharing that. I didnt see it the first time around. I have a confession to make, I still havent seen Toy Story 3. This will probably be a blind buy for me, around next month or so. Anyone who already saw it, is it as good as the first 2 ?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou

Mike, thanks for sharing that. I didnt see it the first time around. I have a confession to make, I still havent seen Toy Story 3. This will probably be a blind buy for me, around next month or so. Anyone who already saw it, is it as good as the first 2 ?

As unbelievable as this answer might seem: yes.

This is a third installment that most definitely holds its own with the first two films. And that's no easy claim.

I think many fans have a hard time picking a favorite from the three...but the quality is definitely consistent across-the-board. This is not a slapped-together direct-to-disc sequel. If you liked TS & TS2, you will like TS3.

Wow, The Sound of Music is the BLU-RAY of the YEAR. I just finished watching with the family and we were all blown away visually and sonically. Amazon has reduced the 2-disc combo to $19.99 and it will be a great shame for anyone who can afford this to pass on this now! Fox and Mr Belston have set the new bar for the restoration of classical masterpiece motion pitcures!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just got back from picking up Sound of Music 3-Disc Combo Pack at Target, $17.99 + tax with the coupon David Norman posted in the Consolidated HD Bargains Thread. Typically, they only had three copies.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam, if you are interested in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the coupons.com site just posted a $5 coupon.

Hate for you to have to go back to the store however, but it it's close enough by ....
Combined with the CCBB + SOM extra $5 discount it makes an awfully nice first week deal.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I just noticed that Amazon has reduced Rudolph the Blu-ray Reindeer to 11.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Rudolph-Red-Nosed-Reindeer-Blu-ray-Richards/dp/B003P3PQOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288710780&sr=8-1

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang either, although I doubt my wife would like it. My son might, though. What say y'all?

This is weird. . .my Gold Box included SOM and a couple of other discs a little while ago, and now it's changed to completely different products!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks