What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/2/04 & 11/5/04 (1 Viewer)

Dillon*G

Second Unit
quote:Dillon: If you've got a BJs near you, the markdown is done at the register...no coupon needed. If you are looking to pricematch at a different store, I cannot help you. BJs rarely advertises.

I was planning on price matching but thanks anyways.
smile.gif

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Please note: I saw DR. STRANGELOVE at a couple of Seattle area COSTCOs, at a sweet $19.99!

Oddly enough, TARGET was selling it for $29.99, thinking it a $34.99 list, and in a phone call to WAL-MART I was told it ws $39.99!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My Target had FS Copies only of Dazed and Confused and Fast Times and it looked like they sold none. So it's off to Online for D&C.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From the RoundUp:

--Best Buy is also offering a two pack of Dazed & Confused & Fast Times at Ridgement High.... The 2-DVD set sells for $19.99. Separately, each title sells for $12.99 at BB.

Dave: No BB near you? You may want to give them a try for the WS versions of D&C and FT@RH. And, my buddy Scott_J reports that Amazon and other e-tailers seem to be carrying this two-fer deal.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I already have the older release of Fast Times and it's good enough for me. So I figured it was easier to order online. I'm dissapointed that Target is getting only FS releases on some titles.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:I'm dissapointed that Target is getting only FS releases on some titles.

Make sure you let your store manager know. Or, the electonics manager if you can find him/her. As us HTFers know all to well...sometimes its just a little bit of education which can affect change in these areas. You gotta let your local stores know if they are not supplying your demand.

Went to best buy yesterday and noticed they had a ton of shrek full screen copies for $9.99 and a about three copies left of the 2-disk set for $22. I thought to myself "what the hell" So I took one of the 2-disk set up to customer service asked for a price match. The girls said sure I just have to call Target. She called and asked "How much is your shrek 1 dvd?" hung up and proceeded to ring up the sale for $7.50
biggrin.gif

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I did the same thing LeRoy.
smile.gif

And for anyone who is intrested,if you spend over $40 at Best Buy you get a $10 gift card.

I grabbed 8 of the 12.99 dvd's at Best Buy and I wasn't planning to.I'm a sucker for a good deal.
wink.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll be VERY curious to hear about Shrek 2 prices at Target, too.

But, also EXTREMELY curious to hear about Shrek 2 prices at Wal-Mart. I figure that's where the best deals are going to be.

AND, if anybody has any luck with that coupon in the Sunday flyers a couple of weeks ago.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Wal-Mart is reportely selling there 2 pack dvd version for $19.97. They are considering it a special exclusvie version. If anybody else sees it for less it would be interesting. They are also selling just Shrek 2 without the cd for $15.97.

Jason Hicks

Auditioning
WAL*MART in Spokane Valley has Shrek 2 for $15.84 without the bonus soundtrack disk. That one was about $20.

There weren't too many widescreens left without the bonus disk.

This is second hand from the wife, so I don't have any more details.

Jason

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
quote:Does anyone have a Target price for Shrek 2 yet? Thanks!

Two Targets near me had it for $15.99...both had chacklane displays and plenty in the Entertainment Dept.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks Eric - I picked-it up at my local Target for $15.99.

The sticker on the outside of the cellophane noted a coupon enclosed for a free tube of M&M Mini's. Not sure if this is a Target only promo.

M&M Mini's coupon enclosed is up to a maximum value of $0.70. Other coupons enclosed are $1.00 off a Carl's Jr Six Dollar Burger OR $1.00 off a Hardee's Thickburger; $1.00 off 3 packages of Act II microwave popcorn; $0.50 off any 2 Kid Cuisine frozen meals; and $0.45 off any Hostess multipack snack cakes (Twinkies or Cup Cakes).

Lastly, there is a mail-in form for a free DVD (shipping and handling $1.99) (choose from Flipper, The Flintstones, Jurassic Park, The Nutty Professor, Balto II: Wolf Quest, Beethoven's 3rd, or The Land Before Time II: 07 The Great Valley Adventure) with the purchase of two of the following: Santa vs. the Snowman, Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Dr. Suess' The Cat in the Hat, Peter Pan, Casper's Haunted Christmas, or Prancer Returns.

Well, off to watch Shrek 2 uninterrupted before the kids get home from school.

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
found a coupon for $5.00 from walgreens. asked mon if BB would accept it was told yes. took coupon there and after a lot of griping and makeing me feel like **** they took it

paid $10.99

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Shrek 2 at the local Walmart for $13.96. The one with the CD was about $20, I think, I didn't pay much attention to it, though.

Anyway, I have noticed that "Super Walmarts" are always at least $1 to $2 more than the Walmarts that are not Supers. The one I got Shrek 2 at tonight is not a Super, but they are going to turn it into one soon. When there are no more "non-super" Walmarts around, I'll have to find a new place to buy my DVD's, since I don't want to support Super Walmart and their ideas of being able to charge more on DVD's than non-super Walmarts.

Ok, that was my rant for the night.
smile.gif
Has anyone else noticed the price difference between Super and non-super Walmarts?

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
quote:Has anyone else noticed the price difference between Super and non-super Walmarts?

The one I regularly visit (Spokane Valley, WA) is a Super Wal*Mart and it's prices are always very good. Of course, there's a Fred Meyer and Hastings nearby and a Best Buy and Circuit City just a quick dash across the freeway. Their prices are usually a tad under BB/CC (ie, $15.84 instead of $15.99), though there are exceptions to that: I bought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind there for $15.84 when BB and CC were selling it for $19.99 on the week of release.

On the other hand, one of the other local non-Supercenter Wal*Marts (the one in Shadle Park for those that know the area) does not have any nearby competition, so they prices things a bit higher. Example: a coworker bought Eternal Sunshine there for about $20 the same day I got it for ~ $16 at the Spokane Valley store. Don't know about the third Spokane Wal*Mart (also not a Supercenter), as it's too far out of the way for me to visit, but there are Best Buy and Circuit City stores very close by.

Anyway, I bought Shrek 2 at Best Buy tonight. I think I got one of the last copies with their exclusive bonus disc. Looked like they had sold more WS than FS copies. Target was looking pretty low when I swung by there.

Dave Corder

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Got the Shrek BB Bonus, but they had received nothing but the P&S Fast Times/Dazed and Confused and lots of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks