What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/2/04 & 11/5/04 (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
FYI as soon as someone knows if COSTCO is doing another deal on Looney Tunes 2 like they did last year please post ASAP.

For those that don't recall the deal was for Looney Tunes Vol 1 (Golden Collection of course) and Space Jam:SE. LT was $39.99 & SJ:SE was $18.49 then there was an automatic $20 off coupon that rang up when you got both.

Thanks

Greg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks for the reminder on the CostCo deal Greg. I don't think I would have purchased Vol. 1 otherwise and I was trying to find a justifiable reason to spend $40.00 on Vol. 2. If there is a deal like that I'll probably bite again.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting Dr. Strangelove and Looney Tunes Golden Col #2, but why is Stranglove so frickin' expensive??

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
quote:For those that don't recall the deal was for Looney Tunes Vol 1 (Golden Collection of course) and Space Jam:SE. LT was $39.99 & SJ:SE was $18.49 then there was an automatic $20 off coupon that rang up when you got both.

Ahh, I remember that Costco deal. That was an expensive couple of weeks with Spongebob S1 mispriced at $18.49 also.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
quote:Ahh, I remember that Costco deal. That was an expensive couple of weeks with Spongebob S1 mispriced at $18.49 also.

Yep that was the week!!

I ended up going to Costco about 10 different times to help other members out that didn't have a Costco card or did not have a Costco anywhere near them.

Crosses fingers for a similar deal!!

Greg

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I might pick up afew titles this week.

Home at the End of the World

Rainbow Brite & Star Stealer

Simple Life 2

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Target Feedback.

Was there this AM and Looney Tunes Vol 2 is $49.99.

Just thought you Target goers might want to know.

Greg

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Greg, you saved me a trip to Target. Ordered from Amazon again, just like volume one. And shared the love with my nephew and his wife who are nuts for Warner Bros. cartoons.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I just called Fry's for pricing on Star Trek: TOS - Season 2. Both the Anaheim and City of Industry stores have it for $99.99.
frown.gif

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Got Star Trek S2 at Costco for $81. On the downside, they didn't have Looney Tunes C2.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Around the World in 80 Days is for sale for $15.99 at my local BJs Warehouse Club. That's through the end of the week. After that it will jump up to $18.79.

I picked up the DVD-only of Harry for the Holidays today at FYE for $11.99. That beats any of the prices in the grid.

I don't know why music companies feel compelled to make these music/video releases so difficult for the public. Side-by-side in the same bin today at FYE were the DVD-only version of Harry for the Holidays ($11.99) and the DVD+CD version ($17.99). Both were in standard DVD Amaray cases with identical covers...except for a single line of text on the front cover and the different price stickers. An unaware customer would very easily end up getting something they didn't want. Other stores were selling the DVD+CD version in a standard CD case with a cover fairly similar to the audio-only CD of Harry Connick Christmas music of the same name. Way too confusing...not unlike the kajillion different releases of Dawn of the Dead this week.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
FWIW--my local Costco had the price tag for ST:S2 mislabelled at $114.99, so don't be too alarmed if you see a similar pricing mistake at your local Costco, as their scanner will ring it up at the correct price of $80.99.

For you Spongebob fans--Costco has Spongebob: Sponge for Hire for $10.99.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Thanks for the clarification on Star Trek S2 at Costco, but #$#@! I saw the mistaken tag and left it there!

I may just eat the $10 and order from Amazon now.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
quote:Around the World in 80 Days is for sale for $15.99 at my local BJs Warehouse Club. That's through the end of the week. After that it will jump up to $18.79.

Is there an ad or something else online that I can print out with that price?

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Dr. Strangelove is $19.99 at Costco. The Golden Collection is $40.99, with no special deal. Still, really good prices on these two sets.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Is there an ad or something else online that I can print out with that price?

Dillon: If you've got a BJs near you, the markdown is done at the register...no coupon needed. If you are looking to pricematch at a different store, I cannot help you. BJs rarely advertises.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
quote:As the grid notes Chris, Target is advertising $15.99 for the LT: Spotlight Collection.

Oops, your right Mike. I must have been looking at the wrong column. I thought it had an N/A. Sorry.

But to answer my own question it doesn't look like Target matches their website on pricing (for either set).
Chris S.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
quote:But to answer my own question it doesn't look like Target matches their website on pricing (for either set).

Target's website is actually run by Amazon.com. If I recall correctly, there used to be a disclaimer stating that pricing may be different than the B&M stores.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I found a soluation to my Shrek dvd problem. I saw the old two disc at Best Buy for 23, a not good price. But then my brother tells me later on that at Half Priced Books, they have not only the two disc for 13, but the Shrek 3-D as well! I will easily have enough to get Shrek 2 and have some fun this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks