What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/2/04 & 11/5/04 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Shrek 2 on Friday, Philadelphia definately on Tuesday. TOS Season 2 prolly after Christmas when it comes down in price somewhere.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Theres a few I want:

Shrek 2

Looney Toons GC2

Dr. Strangelove

ST: TOS S2

Not in roundup:

2009 Lost Memories

Onmyoji 2

Complete Denis Leary

Slayer Reign in blood

Mutant X S1

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Great deals for RZ members at BB. I will be picking up Citizen Kane and probably a couple others. I also need The West Wing S3 and BOTH Looney Tunes Golden Collection volumes.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Josh
Thanks for the heads up on the Boston Celtics DVD set. I just pre-ordered it from Overstock. I can't imagine anyone would have it for a price cheaper than this

I have been a huge Celtic fan most of my life, dating back to the Bill Russell, Bob Cousey days. I am really looking forward to watching this.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I'm a bit surprised not to see Shrek 2 listed for sale at Target. It would seem to be a good fit for their customer base ... (as well as a bit more convenient for me personally)
smile.gif

Joel

WillG

Senior HTF Member
quote:Fight Club 2-disc SE at Best Buy for $12.99? I thought that was out of print.

No, just on Moratorium for a period along with some other Fox 2-Disc SEs such as "The Abyss" and "Cast Away" but they have been brought back as Collector's Editions

quote: Too bad huh, since you can't find a widescreen Shrek anymore.

I must have been wrong but I thought I heard something about the original SE of "Shrek" which I believe had both Widescreen and Full Frame was going to be brought back.

I was surprised to learn that "Three's Company" Season 3 is coming out this week. I don't know how that slipped so far under my radar.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Mike, any price on the NBA dynasty Boston Celtics set. It comes out tuesday. I found it on overstock.com for 31 dollars. Amazon is 45. How about the B&Ms?

Josh: I'm a Havlicek guy myself..but I haven't seen anything from the B&Ms about this title. bb.com has it listed for $69.99. cc.com has it for $59.99.

quote:I'm not sure how closely the Target stores match the Target.com online prices but the Looney Tunes releases are...

Looney Tunes - Golden Collection, Volume Two: $45.44

Looney Tunes - The Spotlight Collection - Volume 2: $18.89

As the grid notes Chris, Target is advertising $15.99 for the LT: Spotlight Collection. Ads say the Golden Collection will be available, but no price is listed.

Re: the Best Buy Reward Zone deal this week. I sure do wish I joined the Reward Zone. But, then again, I sure do wish Best Buy considered me a "special customer".

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I have not seen Shrek yet....maybe I should pick it up for 7.50 - there are few widescreen editions out there or none?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Expensive week for me this week with Looney Tunes Golden Collection 2 and West Wing S3. Thankfully I'm getting Shrek 2 free because my mom did Blockbuster's Movie Pass thing with Shrek 2, which she's giving me.

I wasn't planning on it, but I'll probably pick up Simple Life 2 sometime down the road since the TVShowsonDVD review I read for it yesterday said it contains the season 1 episode that wasn't included on the S1 release (which I can now pick up, too).

quote:Best Buy is also offering a two pack of Dazed & Confused & Fast Times at Ridgement High. This doesn’t seem exclusive but I haven’t seen it offered anywhere else. The 2-DVD set sells for $19.99. Separately, each title sells for $12.99 at BB.

Mike, Amazon is also offering this (for $22.38). DVDPlanet lists it for $23.59.

This must be regional pricing by Eckerd because the Eckerd flyer I got in the Post-Star newspaper here in upstate NY had it for $19.99 (and even the VHS is higher than the DVD in your ad at $15.99).
quote:Hmmm. Buy Dr Strangelove after work Tuesday OR vote?

Since you mentioned voting, I'll add probably one of the more unusual offers in Roundup history: if you vote on Tuesday and send in proof of your voting (i.e. voting stub, an "I Voted" sticker, etc.) to Shout! Factory you'll get your choice of a free DVD Sampler featuring 3 episodes of "Freaks and Geeks" or a free CD Sampler "packed with a bunch of music" Shout! released earlier this year. I can only assume it's open to US residents only.
wink.gif

TVShowsonDVD story with full details and address - plus the original Mr. Roundup (David Lambert)'s exciting story of how he voted early. I tell you - they should make a TV movie out of that.
smile.gif

JamesED

Second Unit
Well crap, Outpost.com had ST:TOS S2 for $75 preorder last week. I went to order it today and its up to $91.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some prices at my local BJs Warehouse Club (Albany, NY) which I wrote down during a trip this afternoon:

Dawn of the Dead $18.79

White Chicks $18.49

A Cinderella Story $17.79

Tom & Jerry $18.99

21 Jump Street S1 $24.99

Mulan $18.49

Christmas Collection of five Rankin-Bass shows:

--Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer

--Frosty the Snowman

--Santa Claus is Coming to Town

--Frosty Returns

--Little Drummer Boy

This is with a little Rudolph toy whose nose lights up and bonus music CD. $24.99

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Visiting the Best Buy reward zone website to check on my points I stumbled upon the following:
quote:As a Reward Zone® program member, you have exclusive access to the Shrek 2 Green Room before the Shrek 2 DVD releases on Friday, November 5. Access the Shrek 2 Green Room to see special features on the Shrek 2 video game, voice talent and animation process; plus games, activities, music and more . . .
Basically the site offers content that might be found on the second disc in any other typical special edition DVD release.

The two best segments are a storyboard reel (followed by the finished scene) for when Shrek first encounters Puss in Boots, and a feature about how the movie was dubbed worldwide (you get to hear about Pinocchio's thong in about eight languages). There are also printouts for a T-shirt iron-on, coloring pages and a trivia quiz among other things.

I thought it was interesting how they mention this on the Rewards Zone page - basically saying "beat the crowds before the release day." Too bad it looks like most of this content is web only, and isn't on the actual release or the Best Buy only bonus disc from what I could gather.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Who is that Criterion set marketed for?? None of the OOPs and about $21 a title. Not much of a discount. It seems to me that most folks who would want said set probably have a bunch of the titles already. Sounds like a package for resellers but even that may be a bit too high for them.

Where's the discount for those of us with 100+ Criterion titles looking to add a few more?
biggrin.gif

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Shrek 2 and Dazed and Confused for me this week from Retail and the Looney Tunes Set from DV2 for 38.95 shipped.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Don't forget that $3 off Shrek coupon from the sunday paper a week or so ago. Also, WalMart has an exclusive "party music" cd with it's copies of Shrek. Anyone know what's on that thing?

-paul

Greg S

Supporting Actor
West Wing 3 & Looney Tunes 2 for me.

The kids want Shrek 2 so I may be forced to pick this up. Shockingly enough I don't even own the original Shrek (I know scary thought that someone in the free world doesn't own this
blush.gif
)

Thanks Mike!

Greg

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Just Looney 2 for me, either Amazon or Target (gotta check the price first), and remember to use the rebate form from Tom and Jerry purchase.

rolleyes.gif
Didn't like Shrek 1, don't even wanta watch 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks